Friday Update! 10.06.17

• Stuie wrote:

Stuie wrote:

Talekith wrote:

I wonder if the Kismet's Draft is coming with a live update?

If yes then does it mean that we will get our additional character slots for the campaign today too? :P
      I would hope that since we're getting a patch....twitter.com/HexTCG/status/916398960826376197

... that we are getting the additional PVE character slots as well.
      So much for that promise. Still limited to 12.
      You can't be serious?

EDIT:

HEXCoryJones wrote:

what next... oh ya! MORE PVE SLOTS! so after last weeks address about PVE one of the comments was something like "ya, great but how about a few more ... character slots... ...!" it was something like, that I may be paraphrasing... and it became clear to me (much like the epiphany Misty had at the beach) that it would be super easy to give you more slots... and so it was done. Actually we had always intended to give you slots as part of several systems (they would be rewards) but screw it, its not your fault we are late with those features and we shouldn't hold back the slots...

HEXTCG wrote:

BUILDING CHARACTER

We are pleased to announce that with our next live update, we will be bringing everyone’s character slots to 20! This is something our hardcore PvE players have been wanting for quite some time, and so we are going to double down and make it happen. With nearly twice your character slots, we hope you will enjoy trying out more of our exciting race/class combinations as you work your way through the campaign. Enjoy!
      Ummm yeah... so how about those character slots?

The post was edited 3 times, last by Talekith ().

• Dinotropia wrote:

The Kismet Draft patch was a special addition outside of our normal patch schedule because Cory wanted to do something special. The PvE slots are still slated to arrive shortly with our next (regularly scheduled) patch.

"Regularly scheduled" for when? Giving the PVE players the extra slots would have qualified as "something special". But I guess that shows (once again) where the priorities are.
    • I too saw an update, was rushing to campaign, only to find no additional char slots :-/ What happened to the "next live update"?
      "Regularly scheduled" - if this kismet draft was not a regularly scheduled update, nobody in the team knew about it when 3 weeks ago you told us about more char slots? it was a wild whimsy, a breath of momentary inspiration? The whole new draft was that easy, but you are not able to change one number in your code with it? :O

The post was edited 2 times, last by Coyote ().

• Phew. On top of the not-campaign-slots now I don't even need to bother with rare drafting anymore - it's definitely not worth the time to draft old rares. What a let-down. The raid leader tier now definitely is the bust.

As for the art: Why can't Hex be a French game? They at least are allowed to show the human body correctly. In the US apparently you can draw up nudes, as long as you leave out the mammary papillae and areolae. Weird.
      Dungeon Crawler / Collector / Raid Leader

AstaSyneri of Keep Hibbernathy - Former Officer of The Unnamed Council - the now defunct Hex TCG PvE Guild

The post was edited 1 time, last by Hibbernathy: Typos ().

• Hibbernathy wrote:

Phew. On top of the not-campaign-slots now I don't even need to bother with rare drafting anymore - it's definitely not worth the time to draft old rares. What a let-down. The raid leader tier now definitely is the bust.

As for the art: Why can't Hex be a French game? They at least are allowed to show the human body correctly. In the US apparently you can draw up nudes, as long as you leave out the mammary papillae and areolae. Weird.
      Yeah, because get 1400-1600 of old rares is not worth it ;) . To compensate for that I went 0-3 T_T .
    • Edswor wrote:

Hibbernathy wrote:

Phew. On top of the not-campaign-slots now I don't even need to bother with rare drafting anymore - it's definitely not worth the time to draft old rares. What a let-down. The raid leader tier now definitely is the bust.

Yeah, because get 1400-1600 of old rares is not worth it ;) . To compensate for that I went 0-3 T_T .
      You be quiet with your logic and actual facts. It get's in the way of baseless complaining.
    • Edswor wrote:

Hibbernathy wrote:

Even if I agree with you, old set rares dont worth that much. Even the expansive one (Well of Instinct) are expansive only because "Hex player"are keeping the price up on purpose
    • JeffHoogland wrote:

Edswor wrote:

You be quiet with your logic and actual facts. It get's in the way of baseless complaining.

Your posts don't make sense. From 1400 to 1600 old rares are not worth it (deliberately misunderstanding you here).

From my point of view old rares are not interesting, because I own them. I don't maximize a very subjective value, I want to have a functional playset in order to play advanced PvE content and raids. I have playsets of Set 1-5 and most of Set 6. It's Set 7 I am missing most of (because I don't see any value in buying more cards if there is nothing decent to do with them).
      Dungeon Crawler / Collector / Raid Leader

AstaSyneri of Keep Hibbernathy - Former Officer of The Unnamed Council - the now defunct Hex TCG PvE Guild
    • Hibbernathy wrote:

JeffHoogland wrote:

Edswor wrote:

Your posts don't make sense. From 1400 to 1600 old rares are not worth it (deliberately misunderstanding you here).

From my point of view old rares are not interesting, because I own them. I don't maximize a very subjective value, I want to have a functional playset in order to play advanced PvE content and raids. I have playsets of Set 1-5 and most of Set 6. It's Set 7 I am missing most of (because I don't see any value in buying more cards if there is nothing decent to do with them).
      But that's what's so great about a TCG. As long as you can sell the cards you don't want and buy the cards you do want, what matters is how much plat the card is worth, not whether or not you already have a playset. I haven't done the math, so I can't say this with absolute certainty, but looking at the quality of the rares in the pool, I expect the average plat value of rares is a lot higher in the Kismet packs than in set 7 packs, so if all you're doing is rare-drafting (and the lack of a primal chance is a smaller detriment than the advantage of more expensive rares), then Kismet draft is to your advantage.
    • Shinjica wrote:

Even if I agree with you, old set rares dont worth that much. Even the expansive one (Well of Instinct) are expansive only because "Hex player"are keeping the price up on purpose
      Um... "players keeping the price up" is what happens in a free market...
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • Eraia wrote:

Shinjica wrote:

This card

is actually 745p in the AH, a card that was 250p. Thanks to the Kismet cards price are slowly going down.

Now Eraia i dont understand why are you making fun of me for continuing to say that certain players are keeping the price up. Its more a problem now that in 7 day, PS4 player will join us and dont have the knowledge to know the right price.

Or you simply dont give a duck about other/new player?
    • Shinjica wrote:

Eraia wrote:

Shinjica wrote:

This card

is actually 745p in the AH, a card that was 250p. Thanks to the Kismet cards price are slowly going down.

Now Eraia i dont understand why are you making fun of me for continuing to say that certain players are keeping the price up. Its more a problem now that in 7 day, PS4 player will join us and dont have the knowledge to know the right price.

Card prices depend on supply and demand. If the prices are 'artificially' high, then players can simply buy packs in bulk, open them, and sell the cards to make a profit. If buying packs from the store, opening them, and selling the cards inside them is not profitable, then the card prices are not artificially high. Cards being opened in limited gives an additional source of cards that is at a cheaper plat-price than simply buying and opening packs. Additionally, doing this increases the supply of these cards even if the demand is remaining the same. The card was 250p when it was in the limited format because a ton of limited players were opening up the card and wanting to get rid of it since they don't need it. Now that this is happening again thanks to Kismet draft, the price is coming down again. No card has a magical permanent "right price" attached to it.
    • It isn't artificial to determine the price of something that has no set price, there is no way to artificially alter the price of a card because there are not artificial elements involved and it has no set price or even set value. The expression you want is price manipulation, it is not artificial it is manipulated. The price is being manipulated by people and manipulating a priceless (in the literal sense) commodity and if you can find an artificial element in there it would be HexEnt's AH tax.
    • Shinjica wrote:

The only way for that to happen is for those players to literally buy EVERY COPY of that card and try to resell them at a higher price.

If there are no buyers, then that's 100% money wasted. If those cards get undercut, that's money wasted. It's only if the DEMAND for that card is high enough to justify that price that this type of market cornering pays off. Given that w/s decks are some of the more popular and effective constructed offerings right now, it makes sense that the instinct well has gradually risen up in price.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.