Hex Road Map - Community Tracker

• Hex Road Map - Community Tracker

Good morning everyone,

A recent post on reddit about Hex's roadmap got me thinking. Although we don't have an official one anymore we do have a lot of information about HexEnt's future plans scattered around. I figured that if it is a low priority for Hex right now to keep one updated, it doesn't prevent us from keeping track of what they mention.

This achieves two goals. First, we'll have a single stop for new players to see what is in the works and roughly when it is expected, second it will also hopefully save some time to folks who just want the TL;DR without having to keep track with all news and interviews.

I am going to go with memory for now. What would be great is to find the precise sources of all these items we can add some credibility to the exercise.

Hex Roadmap

Recurring releases
      • A new PVP Set every 4 months
        • Even set releases triggers a rotation of standard format (two oldest sets are removed from standard card pool)
        • Odd set releases triggers a gem rotation (can be anywhere from a few gems to all gems).
          • The gem rotation also affect available PVE gems
        • As long as the story arc will take place in FRA, there will be minor FRA updates with each set release | (source t.b.d.)
      • Seasonal events (will need to work on the list and dates)
      • Seasonal Events
      Short Term
      • PS4 client release | Target date: 2017-10-10 | (source 2017-09-25)
      • New deck builder and revamped new player experience to PC client (same one from PS4 client) | Target date: t.b.d. (sometimes after PS4 release) | (source 2017-08-31)
      • More character slot for the campaign (8 more) | Target date: next client patch | (source 2017-09-22)
      Mid Term
      • Tablet client release | Target date: end of 2017 / early 2018 | (source 2017-09-01)
      • Changing the Battleground Sealed queues to be "best of 3" | Target date: (t.b.d.) | (source 2017-06-28)
      Long Term
      • Other console releases (hinted by Cory) | Target date: t.b.d. | (source 2017-09-01)
      • Auction house and social features revamp | Target date: t.b.d. | (source t.b.d.)
      • Yearly or punctual "big" cash tournaments | Target date: t.b.d. | (source t.b.d.)
      • Cosmic Coins (rewards from match win on the ladder that are used in a special store) | Target date t.d.b. (source 2017-02)
      • Double Back (additional card info) | Target date: t.b.d. | (source 2017-09-15)
      • Achievements (with rewards attached to them) | Target date: t.b.d. | (source 2017-09-15)
      • PVE features (confirmed in development)

These were the things I remember from the recent news. Please help me fill in the blancs or correct any errors (with link to sources) if you can.

You can also find a web version of this roadmap here (I will be keeping both synced): wardens.hexcompendium.com/hex-road-map-community-tracker/

If you want to discuss the roadmap live, Wardens of Entrath's Discord server is open to public: discord.gg/56BwpbF

The Wardens of Entrath is a large, open to public community of Hex enthusiasts with a mission to help and support Hex players and content creators alike!

Find us on our Discord server or website!

The post was edited 15 times, last by CoachFliperon ().

• scheduled sealed change to bo3 - soon (tm)

new pvp draft mode - maybe temporary / friday friday update - soon (tm)
      Austrian Kickstarter & Slacker Backer
      -=] Dont mess with the bull, you gonna get the horn [=-

The post was edited 1 time, last by Cernz ().

• Cernz wrote:

scheduled sealed change to bo3 - soon (tm)
      I don't recall this one, I can add it but do you have a general idea on when it was mentioned?

Cernz wrote:

new pvp tournament / mode - maybe temporary / friday friday upadte - soon (tm)
      Since they said they would release a news about it early this week (likely tomorrow) I'll wait for the actual announcement and add it. I guess though we should document the seasonal events in the list.

The Wardens of Entrath is a large, open to public community of Hex enthusiasts with a mission to help and support Hex players and content creators alike!

• the bo3 change was announced quite back in time, i have no clue if it was a friday update or a friday friday update or just on any stream or podcast - but it was announced since ppl who play in the clash should be able to practice sealed with reserves or something ;)... but maybe they decided not to do so - who knows.
      Austrian Kickstarter & Slacker Backer
      -=] Dont mess with the bull, you gonna get the horn [=-
    • CoachFliperon wrote:

Mid Term

• Table client release | Target date: end of 2017 / early 2018 | (source t.b.d.)

Do we get a table version of Hex? That would be awesome! Can't wait for sleeving all the spider tokens, shuffling of cards marked with buff and rolling dices for random card generation.

Just kidding... Thanks a lot for making the post, hope it will be usefull for everyone who is not up to date with all the interviews ;)
    • Portensio wrote:

CoachFliperon wrote:

Excellent, as soon as we find the source I'll add it in the list.
      hextcg.com/battlegrounds-ladder-update/

Largashbur wrote:

Cosmic coins
      reddit.com/r/hextcg/comments/5vg1rb/cosmic_coins/
      No official words, just interview stuff
      Added Bo3 Sealed (in mid term) and Cosmic coins (long term). Thanks for the sources. I got a feeling we could add more from these two sources as well. I may have some time this week to scour them for more info.

If you guys feel like Bo3 should be long term let me know.

• You're taking "We could do that" (other consoles) and posts from x months/years ago (everything PvE) and you're posting them as plans? You should probably stick with what can be found in a source these past 6 months, in my humblest of opinions. Unless this isn't a facts thread and it's a positive emotions thread. God knows we could use the second more in this sorry state of things.
    • Link To Cory's mention of the Tablet by Year End:
      Friday Update! 9.01.17

So JUST PS4 or what?
      nope we are working on "other" consoles... and we are working VERY hard on Tablet! One of the reasons we did console (beyond the access to new players) is the reality that much of the work would be the same stuff we need for tablet. Now that we are over this hurdle I think tablet can come pretty quickly, we are targeting year end. I know by saying that I just signed a virtual contract with you to be angry with me later when it takes longer, but fuck it... I like being honest with our plans. That said, the 19th is looking good for PS4 but keep in mind we are in submission now, and its not a process we are terribly familiar with, so far so good but please keep in mind that date could slip by a week or so...
    • Vroengard wrote:

You're taking "We could do that" (other consoles) and posts from x months/years ago (everything PvE) and you're posting them as plans? You should probably stick with what can be found in a source these past 6 months, in my humblest of opinions. Unless this isn't a facts thread and it's a positive emotions thread. God knows we could use the second more in this sorry state of things.
      I get what you mean but at the same time a Roadmap is in part showing their intentions and what they are working on for the distant future as well. That off course can change but so far I believe most of the the things we have in the list at this point are have been confirmed or re-confirmed recently (last few months).

What we could do is also add a date besides the source links so that anyone reading knows if something was said recently or in the distant past. This would help put some perspective on the information. I'll add the dates besides the sources later tonight.