Friday Update! 9.29.17

• Gregangel wrote:

You invest in a way to make the most of your plat. And that is by purchasing all the packs you need for the life time of the set at day 1 of a set release.

Now if evo remain 7-7, I will live with it and not draft until set 8 and just play evo. But well, I would prefer to be able to draft in October.
      The risk of that is that if something happens that shortens the lifespan of set 7 packs, then you potentially take a loss.

There's risk in every investment... that's a reality of life.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • Gregangel wrote:

HEXCoryJones wrote:

ALSO! I will be announcing a fun mix up for draft starting middle of next week, look for an announcement Tuesday or Wednesday!
      I really hope we will be able to enter in the queue with set 7 packs and in my utopia world be reward also with set 7.
      Because if not I would be very pissed : I don't buy 250 packs at a set release to not be able to use them in limited event....
      Nobody forced you to buy 250packs, and it was not a limited print run. You could of bought 100 and then buy another 100 when needed. You can't blame others for your decisions.

YOu'll be able to use them in 8-8-7 when it comes out.

and when set 9 comes, learn from your mistakes. !
    • Gregangel wrote:

HEXCoryJones wrote:

ALSO! I will be announcing a fun mix up for draft starting middle of next week, look for an announcement Tuesday or Wednesday!
      I really hope we will be able to enter in the queue with set 7 packs and in my utopia world be reward also with set 7.
      Because if not I would be very pissed : I don't buy 250 packs at a set release to not be able to use them in limited event....
      If it goes the way of the last anouncement of this kind (that resulted in the Bash), we will get some kind of a draft tourney on Fridays and all your worries were in vain. :D

No really, if it was Flashback, the news should also include the other limited modes and not only draft.
    • Portensio wrote:

Nobody forced you to buy 250packs, and it was not a limited print run. You could of bought 100 and then buy another 100 when needed. You can't blame others for your decisions.

YOu'll be able to use them in 8-8-7 when it comes out.

and when set 9 comes, learn from your mistakes. !

Sorry but this is not a mistake. I am a customer who buy ressource at a time T and expect to spent this ressource during the complete time of its elligibility !!!

1/ Buying all the packs you need at once at set release is the less expensive way to buy booster (thanks to primal proc). And this system was established by HexE with this goal in mind to let the money enter their pocket with a very high burst at every set release (limited player buy a lot of packs and contructed players jump on primal packs or their content to build their constructed decks)

2/ HexE put on sales packs which has supposed to be part of the entree cost of limited events during all the life time of set X and set X+1 for every odd numbered set.

3/ If they change the "entree cost" of their events along the way before the presumed expiration time, it could be considered as money grab trick and really not a way to respect the players who already paid a lot to play their game.

Transpose that in any Digital card game out there : it would be like they sell a premium currency X and decide to change it for a premium currency Y without any 1 : 1 exchange possibility with one week notice only.

So yes, I hope they are aware of that and they will let players enter events with the latest set. And to be sure this is read @HEXCoryJones because really this is about respect of the customer.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Gregangel ().

• nqumyf wrote:

How does Primal Proc chance buying in Bulk cheaper ?
      I thought it was a 2% chance no matter how many you buy and bulk buying just equalizes the recieved primals on your purchase and doesnt improve it.
      The content of a primal pack has much more value at the beginning of a set. If you buy in bulk on the first day, you can open the primals you get and sell them to recover a decent amount of plat, thus lowering your cost. Getting the same primal much later in the set provides a lot less value.
    • Fred wrote:

nqumyf wrote:

How does Primal Proc chance buying in Bulk cheaper ?
      I thought it was a 2% chance no matter how many you buy and bulk buying just equalizes the recieved primals on your purchase and doesnt improve it.
      The content of a primal pack has much more value at the beginning of a set. If you buy in bulk on the first day, you can open the primals you get and sell them to recover a decent amount of plat, thus lowering your cost. Getting the same primal much later in the set provides a lot less value.
      Ok, I get it now, thanks a lot.
    • Gregangel wrote:

2/ HexE put on sales packs which has supposed to be part of the entree cost of limited events during all the life time of set X and set X+1 for every odd numbered set.
      And here's where your whole thinking comes tumbling down. There's no guarantee from HXE side about the availability or anything related to Limited events other than the one you imagined. Going by your thinking, you're basically saying that you're allowed to put the blame for players not queuing for Limited events and not letting you use up your booster packs on HXE.
    • Gregangel wrote:

respect of the customer.
      This is a low blow man. You don't need to pull that card. Them deciding to offer flashback events that utilize and reward the previous sets is not disrespectful. They never told you that set 7 would be used for the entire 4 months, and in the only comparable situation we have(set right before a rotation), they had a full month of flashbacks - for the first few weeks of it, when they did the pure flashbacks, you couldn't use current set packs for it. They did set a precedent, one that you made a decision to disregard.

The fortunate part of this for you is that those sets will likely be usable when set 7 flashbacks happen, if they choose to do flashbacks here. So just hold on to them, and they'll be useful in set... 11 when set 7 is about to rotate out. And possibly sooner if they do more flashback events over time!
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

• Vroengard wrote:

Gregangel wrote:

And here's where your whole thinking comes tumbling down. There's no guarantee from HXE side about the availability or anything related to Limited events other than the one you imagined. Going by your thinking, you're basically saying that you're allowed to put the blame for players not queuing for Limited events and not letting you use up your booster packs on HXE.

You are able to rant about short notice on PS4 release delay which nobody really care about but when I ask for a very logical demand at the advantage of the customer (being able de use the packs I bought), you think it is not reasonnable... ok ...

The post was edited 1 time, last by Gregangel ().

• Eraia wrote:

This is a low blow man. You don't need to pull that card. Them deciding to offer flashback events that utilize and reward the previous sets is not disrespectful. They never told you that set 7 would be used for the entire 4 months, and in the only comparable situation we have(set right before a rotation), they had a full month of flashbacks - for the first few weeks of it, when they did the pure flashbacks, you couldn't use current set packs for it. They did set a precedent, one that you made a decision to disregard.

The fortunate part of this for you is that those sets will likely be usable when set 7 flashbacks happen, if they choose to do flashbacks here. So just hold on to them, and they'll be useful in set... 11 when set 7 is about to rotate out. And possibly sooner if they do more flashback events over time!

If, and I say IF, because as for now it may not be their intention, they cut one month without the possibility to use the current set, yes that would be making fool of their customers...

Previously we had a flashback event because next set was lasting more than 4 months. So I got the expected time to use my packs... but hell they are maybe about to announce set 8 delay by two months... who knows...

Beside there is also a precedent where we were able to use current set in other formats.
    • Actually my opinion is pretty consistent in both cases: If they're required to inform you, 1 email is enough, so I give it to them that they did enough. When there's nothing in the TOS saying "You'll be able to use your packs in Limited every second during the the 8 months since the set's release (4 months for odd sets)", then I say that there's no guarantee for you being able to spend packs.
    • Gregangel wrote:

Beside there is also a precedent where we were able to use current set in other formats.
      Only when the current set's cards were a part of the pool(the 'crazy flashbacks' allowed use of set 5, but I'm pretty sure the set 1/2 did not).

• Eraia wrote:

Gregangel wrote:

Only when the current set's cards were a part of the pool(the 'crazy flashbacks' allowed use of set 5, but I'm pretty sure the set 1/2 did not).

And we already know it wont be a normal flashback format 443 but a mashup format.

So more reasons to be able to use pack set 7 and more reasobs to be pissed if it is not the case
    • Gregangel wrote:

Eraia wrote:

Gregangel wrote:

And we already know it wont be a normal flashback format 443 but a mashup format.
      no we don't... all we know is:it will involve draft.
      It will be special.

HEXCoryJones wrote:

fun mix up for draft starting middle of next week

And where in this quote does it say that it will not be a flashback and will be a mashup format? It looks like you're proving Eraia correct and that you're just making assumptions.