Major Ruby of Destruction change and unban

    • Major Ruby of Destruction change and unban

      I understand that this gem is rightfully banned, but at the same time I think it can be tweaked into something not ban worthy, the first idea I had was to increase the threshold to 2 or even 3 rubies, I think this could be enough to make the gem not so splash-able and for this reason not even close to being as broken, imo 2 rubies would be enough since immortal is supposed to be a very powerful format, and this could make it very interesting.

      I had some ideas, such as increasing the cost of the card in +1 or reducing the power -1, in any shape of form, we all miss this gem very much, and having it back would make the format way more interesting.
    • Gems are more akin to champions then to cards, nerfs on cards I understand, since they will lose value, but changes on gems and champions should be doable since they have no value attached to them.
      The banlist makes sense with cards, but not for gems and champions if they can be fixed and changed imo
    • Xadouz wrote:

      Gems are more akin to champions then to cards, nerfs on cards I understand, since they will lose value, but changes on gems and champions should be doable since they have no value attached to them.
      The banlist makes sense with cards, but not for gems and champions if they can be fixed and changed imo
      Gems have a stronger indirect effect on socketed cards than champions have on, well, any card. The same logic that defines rotation-based value fluctuations as healthy and nerf/ban fluctuations as unhealthy ties the value of socketed cards tightly to the viability of sockets. A nerf to the gem effectively is a nerf to the socketed card.
    • Unless there's some intention to unban the Major Ruby of Destruction at some point, the gem practically doesn't exist at this point. It's not like it can be used in some other format. The only place where this gem is used is by a few AI opponents in the campaign.
    • BlazingRagnarok wrote:

      Xadouz wrote:

      Gems are more akin to champions then to cards, nerfs on cards I understand, since they will lose value, but changes on gems and champions should be doable since they have no value attached to them.
      The banlist makes sense with cards, but not for gems and champions if they can be fixed and changed imo
      Gems have a stronger indirect effect on socketed cards than champions have on, well, any card. The same logic that defines rotation-based value fluctuations as healthy and nerf/ban fluctuations as unhealthy ties the value of socketed cards tightly to the viability of sockets. A nerf to the gem effectively is a nerf to the socketed card.
      a ban to a gem is a greater nerf to a socketed card, I don't understand your point, bans to gems is worse then a nerf or change
    • Xadouz wrote:

      BlazingRagnarok wrote:

      Xadouz wrote:

      Gems are more akin to champions then to cards, nerfs on cards I understand, since they will lose value, but changes on gems and champions should be doable since they have no value attached to them.
      The banlist makes sense with cards, but not for gems and champions if they can be fixed and changed imo
      Gems have a stronger indirect effect on socketed cards than champions have on, well, any card. The same logic that defines rotation-based value fluctuations as healthy and nerf/ban fluctuations as unhealthy ties the value of socketed cards tightly to the viability of sockets. A nerf to the gem effectively is a nerf to the socketed card.
      a ban to a gem is a greater nerf to a socketed card, I don't understand your point, bans to gems is worse then a nerf or change
      Bans are generally worse than nerfs, which is why nerfs are used more in digital CCGs. Hex's commitment to emulate physical TCGs takes nerfs off of the table for anything that directly influences card value.
    • yes, for anything that you do own, not on champions or gems, even mercenaries got nerfed, this emulation makes sense for things with monetary value, but once you nerf a mercenary it kinda looses the purpose, and a ban does influence a card's value, it becomes a lot less good when you can't even play something anywhere, since we do not have a free for all format as a physical TCG would, and as I said, a ban to a gem is a nerf to all the socketed cards, and a nerf to a gem keeps the gem in the game, but not as broken