Primordial Knowledge - Requiem For Ruby

• And I'm just sitting here thinking "Well, crap. I hope Redlings can still hold its own."

The only other deck I have is a Midnight one, and I have no idea how well that works. Midnight Gatherer sure as hell isn't much of a replacement for Lixil, though it can still be a threat if left unchecked thanks to her transformation and instant damage from Midnight Paladin.
    • omoreindakitchen wrote:

Prices for REH are already on a downward trend. Maybe you can get some for cheap soon.
      Not soon enough to meaningfully play that deck but yes, it's trending downwards.

It's weird though. If I had a playset of a powerful card that is rotating soon, like REH, I'd rather keep it and wait for the eventual Immortal support than sell it for 10-12 packs' worth of plat.
    • Vroengard wrote:

omoreindakitchen wrote:

Prices for REH are already on a downward trend. Maybe you can get some for cheap soon.
      Not soon enough to meaningfully play that deck but yes, it's trending downwards.
      It's weird though. If I had a playset of a powerful card that is rotating soon, like REH, I'd rather keep it and wait for the eventual Immortal support than sell it for 10-12 packs' worth of plat.
      I sold mine when they were at their last spike for 1.2k to 1.4k. Most people now want at least get something for them, before it's too late it seems.
      If there was immortal support, they would most likely rise again. It's kinda the same situation like when the spellshield gem cycled out.

If they are deep enough I might rebuy mine though :d
    • I'll admit it took me literally all day to figure out what in the hell you guys were talking about in terms of REH, but I'm guessing you mean good ol' Hierophant. If so, I know he's part of B/W Dreadlings, but I meant the (as far as I'm aware) far more aggressive and scrounge focused R/B version with Crimson Slayers, Cremates, Wicked Webspawn, and Mortartrike Drivers. That said, after rotation we're losing AoM and Primal Dawn as sets, right? If so, it looks like this version will be sticking around until the removal of Herofall and Scars of War, so I think there's still a few months worth of play out of it. I'm just curious how it'll work, now that the meta is supposedly favoring slower decks with the ban of LV.

...Besides, Redlings is a bit more budget friendly for me than B/W Dreadlings. I think I got 2/3 of the deck just from grinding dungeons, adding some money just for... Actually, looking at the rarities, I think I got my version of the deck for free. Including the Slayers, which (at the time) cost me about 20k gold a card. The only real money required cards I've seen the deck run are Deathseekers (~$15 for a playset, and it's looking like I should've bought mine when I had the chance), Matriarch of Flames (though I've been having some success without her in mine, which I find odd), and Primordial Sabertooth, all of which look rotation safe for the time being.
    • Vroengard wrote:

omoreindakitchen wrote:

The business answer is that if you would sell it now and actively investing in them(trading, limited, whatever), you would have earned far more than 10-12 packs' worth of plat with the plat you get by the time they actually have Immortal support. And when they have immortal support(say maybe by set 16), there might be other cards more impressive than REH, thus your 10-12 packs' dream might not come true in the end.

And REH's price has been on a downward trend since the beginning of set 7. I know cuz I am this dumb-ass who bought freaking 6 of those early of the set in hope that I can make a profit out of whatever-Wild constructed deck. It turns out the dawn of a rotation beats tier-1 usability when it comes to price influence.