[Request towards community] Early PS4 release stream

• [Request towards community] Early PS4 release stream

Unless you've been living under a rock, Hex is supposed* to be released on 19/09 for PS4. And you also know that there will be quite a few differences between the PC and the PS4 experience (different client, different UI, different trading, different game modes etc). Since we, the community, have since day 1 going the extra step to assist new players with guides, wikis, answering questions etc, we'll have to get familiarized with said new experience.

So my main question is whether someone has a PS4 and is thinking of changing from their PC client to the PS4 client. I know this is a huge decision since there's no account linking (sigh), no mail system on release (deeper sigh) and the one-way system to transfer your cards from the PC version to the PS4 version probably won't be up on release either. So in the worst case, they might be abandoning their accounts.

EDIT: Apparently the TOS does not prohibit having a PC and a PS4 account. So the only problem is going for a "hard Cory" type challenge, since you won't be having access to your hard earned cards at first.

Or, alternatively, if anyone has any friends that are gonna start playing in the PS4 and can stream for us.

A dev stream might work, but I'm pretty sure that a player's eye and general ingame activity will be able to dig up more details.

If we could set up a date for it, no later than a couple days after release, it'd be great. Ideally it'd be posted on YT (because timezones). Then I'm sure some people will have to create new guides with the differences and all that jazz.

*Why PS4?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Vroengard ().

• I am going to see if I have a draft code stashed away somewhere (or maybe EVO) and use it on my PS4 to try the EVO and draft experience. I was considering streaming it just so people can see the systems and how it is different. I guess I could make it a more public thing if people actually want to see it.

Edit: Since I also have a Vita, I was planned on trying to use the Vita's mobile play on Hex and see what happens as well. I don't know if it will work or be playable and probably won't do that on stream, but I guess I could if it would be interesting.

Edit 2.0: If I end up doing it, I will not be remote playing from my PC and using OBS because I would want to see how well the PS4 on-board streaming goes (I guess many PS4 streamers just use OBS because of various reasons).

The post was edited 1 time, last by Ducklett ().

• I would argue that they can probably do something about "linking" both accounts together so you would have the same name, and both accounts are one entity and what not, but I don't think they are doing that so that's moot.

On the other hand, it'd be awesome if they actually have a long FAQ on the PS4 release. I have seen people asking a lot of questions on dev stream so there's definitely a lot to ask and this topic has shown that we know almost nothing about the PS4 client, which is...not good.
    • HEXCoryJones wrote:

KingGabriel wrote:

That's a bit of a strange move if the economies are shared. Just a bit, though. I'd really like people to be able to have a second account by subscribing to VIP, fixes a lot of things that people have been asking for earlier like playing pve inbetween pvp rounds as well as encouraging more play. Lock the username on the second account to usernameII and make it so any support name changes change both so you can easily tell if people are abusing by entering same tournament etc. What do you think?
      hmmm.... that's a good idea, let me run it by the team...
      If you're talking about that, it's not even remotely sure.
    • Goliathus wrote:

I would argue that they can probably do something about "linking" both accounts together so you would have the same name, and both accounts are one entity and what not, but I don't think they are doing that so that's moot.

On the other hand, it'd be awesome if they actually have a long FAQ on the PS4 release. I have seen people asking a lot of questions on dev stream so there's definitely a lot to ask and this topic has shown that we know almost nothing about the PS4 client, which is...not good.

What?

HEXCoryJones wrote:

Can I link my HEX / STEAM account to the PS4?
      I know this will likely be the fly in the soup for our current players, but sadly no. Living within the rules of the Sony ecosystem made this impossible. I am very sorry and we are cooking up a process by which you can send stuff from your account for a one way trip to your PS4 account (if you want to peel off a play set of stuff and put it on console we will work to make that happen.) I would just ask that you keep in mind the benefit to our current players isn't the ability to play HEX on the couch instead of the PC (and admittedly that's cool) its about getting you a BUNCH of new people to play and trade with, increasing your collections value and making it easier to find games. I am super sorry and in the end the choice was do it this way or don't do console, and I think I made the right choice.
    • Im not permanently swapping to PS4 (i dont have one) but i will be streaming from one on launch day. Going to go over to my buddy's place and stream some Hex with him while cracking open a six pack. (There will probably also be A LOT of board game talk, i know that bothers 1-2 people but thats what i talk about on my own stream so it is one of those "deal with it" kinda situations)
    • This is a good idea, definitely. I plan to play PS4 for the free evos if nothing else... but I don't stream Hex...

Glad to hear that people like Funktion and Hacky will be doing it.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • Ducklett wrote:

I am going to see if I have a draft code stashed away somewhere (or maybe EVO) and use it on my PS4 to try the EVO and draft experience.
      Just a heads-up, our current codes for drafts/evos/packs won't work for PS4. It's a different ecosystem in that respect. Hex is aware, and will be working on giveaway codes for PS4 players, but last I heard, won't be ready for launch.

I will be streaming Hex PS4 on launch personally, and will also be on Hex PS4 on the main Twitch channel as my weekly stream for several weeks.
    • Looking forward to the PS4 streams even if I don't own a PS4. It will after all give a first look on UI improvements for the PC version, and might let us comment on stuff that won't work as well on PC.

P.S. And Neruwind's user name is way to similar to mine, I'm cathing myself thinking "Did I like this post?" :P (j/k)