Friday Update! 9.15.17

• Well thank you for addressing the elephant in the room. And thank you for actually providing something of substance, even if most of it was just 'of course I'm still committed'. I was hoping to hear a bit more of what your vision actually looked like, not just a rattling of features you want to someday build. But the fact that you went to the effort to provide us something of substance shows sincerity.

I doubt I'll get a response, but I was curious as to what level of priority improved social features are to you guys. Chat rebuild, trading system, guilds, co-op, custom tournaments with lobbies, etc. Are any of these things coming soon, or are they all 'someday we'd love to have that' sorts of things?
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • That deck box looks like it says PVE 13 Delta Bent.

PVE 13 changed Bent confirmed.

Edit: pve13deltabent, pve13dbent, pve13tbent, pve13trianglebent, pveisbent, and pveishellabent are not redeemable codes in client.

I think the Delta might be an 'A'

But I tried combinations with A as well and it didn't work. :)
    • DraXor wrote:

this is again 'template respond' that we are hearing from months
      Except the problem was that (1) the situation is not the same as it was months ago (ie PS4 console port given priority and having no Campaign / FRA) and (2) we actualyl had NOT heard anything at all regarding PvE for a lot of months (FRA update not included).

This is very little, but it's more than The Nothing.
    • Utremeld wrote:

As was said before most people on this forum and presumably most of the other backers consider double backs either the lowest priority or not worth worrying about at all. I'd personally rather we just dump the concept and move on.
      He just said they're basically converting double backs into a standard achievement system... which is basically what most of the people who have been saying 'dump double backs' have been asking for. Convert it to an account level achievement system.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

• HEXCoryJones wrote:

- Double Backs will have to be re-done, the tech will not work and we will pay way to high a price for it if did make it work. We WILL have double backs but the idea of unique cards is not going to work, you will unlock account achievements via specific cards, and there will be info about the cards use (how much dmg. you have done with burn, just not how much with THAT burn), so you WILL have double backs it will just be a bit different.
      Cory, if this is what you meant by "not being able to do things promised in the kickstarter", please keep doing this. Foils didn't look good, so AAAs were implemented and were a great replacement.

I knew individual tracking of collections was something that was untenable a while ago (especially given the fact you're effectively an Indie Developer and don't have massive database tech/resources that can be leveraged for this). Putting in card-specific data ("You've done X damage with Burn"; "Your Extinctions have destroyed X troops"; "Your Holidays have transformed X times"; "Your Holidays have transformed to a maximum cost of X"; etc.) is a perfect substitution, IMO (and is in line with what I figured would eventually happen, though I also figured there'd be champion-specific, character-specific, and account-level achievements as well). I look forward to this being rolled out and hope (though do not expect) it'll be available in the next PVE release.

Thanks for the reassurance and clarifications. I'm always the one watching live streams wondering why folks don't ask you the hard questions or drill down to get details. I hope this post is a good example for anyone in the community interviewing you that you are happy to discuss details, answer hard questions, and get information out to the community that will (hopefully) clear up misunderstandings as you're able to.
    • Dylan wrote:

Thanks for the reassurance and clarifications. I'm always the one watching live streams wondering why folks don't ask you the hard questions or drill down to get details. I hope this post is a good example for anyone in the community interviewing you that you are happy to discuss details, answer hard questions, and get information out to the community that will (hopefully) clear up misunderstandings as you're able to.
      Every time I've watched one of the live streams... there are hard questions in chat that just don't get answered ;)

• Utremeld wrote:

Transience wrote:

So, because you're not interested it should be dumped?
      Me and every other backer I am aware of, yes. Put the work into something more desirable to everyone. I don't feel that this was unclear, do you prefer double backs to something and are you a backer? That'd be a first.
      I'm not a backer but from all the kickstarter promises double backs is by far the most interesting feature to me.

Also, Cory just confirmed once again, in this very thread, that double backs will be in so i'm not seeing the point of your post asking to dump it.
      "Ignorant beliefs are stains upon the mind."
    • Eraia wrote:

Dylan wrote:

Every time I've watched one of the live streams... there are hard questions in chat that just don't get answered ;)
      True story. Rarely have I seen interviewers ask Cory hard questions. I've seen Cory pick hard questions from chat more than I've seen interviewers do that.

And let me say I'm not looking for interviewers antagonistically attacking Cory exclusively for the interview time. But it would be nice if, given an hour (or more) of time with the CEO of the game company to provide that CEO opportunities to address festering issues. I suppose next time I'm down in Lake Forest, I'll bring along a recorder and do another interview and see what I can do about asking those hard questions.
    • Just wanted to say Thank You for the mention of PvE.

Like several others, I wish for a bit more of a roadmap. Broad ideas are great and all, but I've seen too many failed kickstarters in the years since backing Hex to get over-eager about words on a page.

Hex still has my support, as you've shown it is a great product. I could (and have) made arguments for the focus being on PvE over anything else; PvE is what makes Hex unique and stand out from the countless CCGs it's compared to.

We don't need firm dates or stakes in the ground, but it would be nice to see more detail about the things you listed.

Double backs need rework: decent info.

Dozen plus dungeon laid out and more or less waiting for the right time/finishing: decent info.

More Frostring based around set releases: decent info.

Spewing a half a dozen ideas/concepts that may or may not exist anywhere but Cory's head: expected, but not really useful.

We don't need dates and deadlines, but a rough list of priorities would be lovely.

Are Dungeons and AZs top priority for PvE development? Or are you working on figuring out Raids? Which type of content (dungeons, Frostring, etc...) is easiest for your team to create and can be expected more frequently?

Are double-backs a pipedream now, or is actual tech being worked on by some poor coder shackled to a PC?

Can we expect NEW PvE content soon(tm), or should be get excited for more Frostring and AZs?

No need for firm deadlines, but a little more than silence and daydreams would be great.

Thanks again for the update, really appreciate it.
    • Transience wrote:

Utremeld wrote:

Transience wrote:

Me and every other backer I am aware of, yes. Put the work into something more desirable to everyone. I don't feel that this was unclear, do you prefer double backs to something and are you a backer? That'd be a first.
      I'm not a backer but from all the kickstarter promises double backs is by far the most interesting feature to me.
      Also, Cory just confirmed once again, in this very thread, that double backs will be in so i'm not seeing the point of your post asking to dump it.
      I don't see the point in arguing with me over an opinion based on my personal taste in game design either but you went ahead and did it anyways so now we're both wasting our time.
    • Utremeld wrote:

Transience wrote:

Utremeld wrote:

Transience wrote:

I'm not a backer but from all the kickstarter promises double backs is by far the most interesting feature to me.Also, Cory just confirmed once again, in this very thread, that double backs will be in so i'm not seeing the point of your post asking to dump it.
      I don't see the point in arguing with me over an opinion based on my personal taste in game design either but you went ahead and did it anyways so now we're both wasting our time.
      So you're basically just a troll then.

Game designer affirms that a specific feature is still in and then you respond by asking him to dump it because you don't like it.
    • Dump it, move the resources to something else. Why do you keep repeating yourself? Why do you insist on making me repeat myself? Can't say I care if you think I'm a troll or not, thats just dense and not worth the trouble wasting time trying to change such an ignorance unstained mind as yours.
    • I guess it's a tough weekend for you. A player you dislike getting honored, a feature you don't want getting reaffirmed. It must suck realizing that the world doesn't actually turn around your own ego.

Oh well. Better luck next time. :)
    • Why are you instigating? Ultrameld can dislike double-backs if he wants to. And yeah, he can suggest/request that they be dumped if he'd like. You don't have to get all riled up just because you disagree with him.
      Old username: Aradon | Collector backer | Starting a guild for Newbies -- "The Cerulean Acadamy" -- Taking applications once guilds are implemented
    • This update is most certainly welcome, and that dungeon looks SICK. AS. HELL. Personally, I'm a tad so-so about double backs at this point, but I'm glad to hear they're still in the works. However, I'm now curious regarding the evolution of the FRA from sets 7 to 10. Does that mean the war will be shelved for the next 3 sets, almost like a separate chapter within the realm of Entrath, or will the evolution continue when the war starts up again, leaving sets 7 and 8 as the random offshoot? Or will set 7 be the only one regarding these teams? I'm genuinely curious. Or I'd at least like candles to be a valid build, much like Dreadlings at this point.

Ducklett wrote:

I am surprised so many people had such little faith in HexEnt, but to each their own
      I'm willing to guess you think this in good faith, Ducklett, but by all means, please consider the following:

1. Those of us who backed/became interested in this game purely for PvE have been trying to wait rather patiently for 4 years now in hopes of receiving Keeps, Guilds, and Raids. You know, the "MMO" part of "MMOTCG."
      2. The most recent PvE update we have been given was FRA 2.0, and it hasn't been well received. Instead, it has been seen as an attempt to limit a player's creativity due to specific deck types. If you build anything fun, you're not getting through. (Though I'm sure there will be those with money to burn for Terrormill or other Tier 1 PvE decks who will say otherwise)
      3. Corey, when asked about PvE in General's Tent 150, seemed more disheartened about it than anything. Throw that in with the lack of news, and speculation spreads like wildfire. Instead of "He must be upset that we don't have that part of the game yet," you get "Corey seems disheartened about PvE! He's given up! ABANDON SHIP!"
      4. Those of us here for PvE have, regarding game related news, seen nothing more than "Here's a deck tech!" "Look, a Top 8 list of the most recent CCS/Clash/Bash!" "Look, MORE news about the Clash and Bash probably swapping places weekly!" "Lazgar's Vengeance may be banned because it's messing with the PvP meta!" "Lazgar's Vengeance is now banned for stifling the PvP meta!" and - as was likely the spark that set off the powder keg these last few days - "We're working on a version of Hex for PS4 that potentially has very little/nothing to do with PvE at all!" (Side note: I'm not salty about the recent ban. Never even owned the card in the first place, and I'm somewhat pleased to see what appears to be the other pieces of Redlings going down in price as a result. Gonna get me some AA Deathseekers!)

Put the above in a blender, mix it up, and you get a rather worried PvE community smoothie.

The post was edited 1 time, last by GoryWriter ().