[CLOSED] See official recruitment thread

• [CLOSED] See official recruitment thread

Entrath needs you! Will you answer the call?

For those that don't know me, I have been covering Hex PVE for the better part of the last two years with written guides, forum guides, streams and video content. As many, I share a strong passion for Hex PVE and I have made the switch to be a dedicated PVE player a long time ago.

One of the objectives I always had regarding content creating was to make PVE accessible to all. Hex PVE is rich with a near endless depth and there is still much to cover that has yet to be explored. In fact, the PVE scene is significantly behind PVP in terms of created content and available tools. My goal has always been to help bring a better balance to it. Sadly, I'm but one dedicated Hex player and as time progress, the fear of not being able to realize all these great plans I have before Hex next big PVE content release has been steadily growing.

This is where you come in!
      My goal is to create a new multidisciplinary group of passionate Hex PVE individuals that will work as a team to start producing that content. I also want to create a dedicated public space where any players interested in PVE can come to discuss about it or get any assistance they need!

Interested? This is what I had in mind:

The Mission

[xxxxxxx] mission is to provide all players access to the best and most up-to-date strategies related to Hex PVE by producing regular high quality content while also providing an open and supporting space for all players to share their passion for Hex PVE.

To achieve that, [xxxxxxx] will be composed of two subgroups:
      - A small group that will be working on producing regular video content highlighting decks and strategies, maintaining the Adventurer's Guide, producing any other relevant material suited for upcoming PVE features and getting involved in creating/organizing community contests and events related to PVE
      - An unlimited, open to the public, group that will provide an engaging and stimulating space for all players in need of assistance or that simply want to share their passion about Hex PVE

Obviously, everyone will be invited to join the public part of the group once we set things up but what I am recruiting right now is help to get the small content creation group going and also to find members who would be willing to help in coordinating/managing the public group.

The expectation is not that all members of the "small group" be producing actual videos or written content. There is lots of testing, theory crafting and information gathering involved behind the scenes before any content gets created. Having strong core of players to help with that is as important as having players that are good at showcasing the results of all that hard work. You don't need to be good in everything to participate (I certainly am not!). Even if you are only interested in helping out with a very specific subset of content, that is fine too!

More so, this is not an "exclusive" group. I do not expect anyone participating to leave whichever group they may already be part of. Again, the goal is not exclusivity but rather to share with everyone quality content to supplement Hex PVE offering.

Once we have enough members to get the core going, the team itself will be deciding how best to proceed with content production, its priorities and which projects it wants to tackle next!

If you are interested in being a contributor to this process and that you share the same passion for Hex PVE, please contact me privately on this forum or by email at coach.fliperon.gaming@gmail.com.

Wait, there is more!

Noticed all the [xxxxxxx] mentions up there? That group will also need a name, and this is where things gets interesting!

I will also be requesting your help in naming this new group! For all your efforts, I will be laying down a Dragon's share worth of gold in prize... 1,000,000 gold pieces to be exact!

This is how it goes
      • The person who will have made the closest suggestion to the name we decide to take will win the grand prize of 500,000 gold!
      • We will also be doing a raffle among all participants for a chance at FIVE additional 100,000 gold prizes!
      How to participate
      • Reply to this thread with your suggestion for the group's name. You can make as many suggestions as you want, but your name will only count once towards the five 100,000 gold prize raffle.
      --------

Let us all work together in creating the most epic version of Entrath there is!
      [Blocked Image: http://wardens.hexcompendium.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/cropped-wardens-of-entraht-logo-tranparent.png]
      The Wardens of Entrath is a large, open to public community of Hex enthusiasts with a mission to help and support Hex players and content creators alike!

Find us on our Discord server or website!

The post was edited 1 time, last by CoachFliperon ().

• I have a ton of suggestions, but let me share with you the greatest name for this group. Before I get to why this is the best damn name yet, I should mention that I have named many things and have created long lists of names for Hex-related contests. I have dozens of possible names for this group, but there is clearly one name that is the best. That name is...

Wait for it, the subtlety will blow your mind due to how amazing it actually is.

The best name, given all the ones available is:

HexAnt.

What, HexAnt? Why would we want a name like that. Well, this here is a name that works on multiple levels.

First, it is like HexEnt, so it is a play on words.

Second, it is humble. Hex Primal, like one of the gods of Entrath? No, we are a humble group that toils away at what we have before us, we are HexAnt.

Third, some argue that the only other animal that farms are ants (as in, they have some level of animal husbandry). This group farms. HexAnt farms. Ants have been farming well before humans decided to toil in the fields.

Fourth, this group mines. One of the highest end cryptocurrency miners is the AntMiner. This group is the high powered GPUs that gets mining done.

Fifth, ants like to hoard gold. For the sake of this point, I refuse to know the difference between ants and dragons.

Sixth, ants literally work on multiple levels (see the start of this list).

Seventh, each member of this group is like an ant in that they will lift far more than their body alone would imply.

Eighth, they are a collective and social species, much as our PVE comrades.

Ninth, HexAnt. Hex can mean six. Ants have six legs. That's some damn good symmetry going on in an ant's body. Also, the name HexAnt is six letters. That is some recursive naming action all in one damn name.

Tenth, the total biomass of all the ants in the world is about the same as all the people in the world. We are ants. We are HexAnt.

Eleven, it's a simple name. It's not a clever one-off name that is cute the first three times, but embodies a work ethic and offers each member multiple levels of meaning.
    • Here are a bunch of other names I came up with that seemed clever at one point, but are garbage compared to HexAnt:

• Shard Scholars
      • 2 Nodes Ahead
      • Paragon of Farm
      • Zero Day Cult
      • Ex-PVP Pro
      • The Frozen Hearts
      • Domain Masters
      • The HexTCG Rash
      • Cerulean Academy
      • The Midas Touch
      • Dinglers Arisen
      • The Secret Node
      • Hex Robots
      • Flipping Gold
      • Journey
      • Trivializing Content
      • The Pirate's Booty
      • The Final Bosses
      • 59 Shards and a Guy
      • Dude, where's my Xocoy?
      • The Jank Bots
      • The Gathering
      • Make Entrath Great Again
      • Ezmode
      • Pants Optional
      • The Merc Life
      • Lixil Shot First

I have some terrible ideas that didn't make this list either. There are some great ideas in there that may work for any number of projects. None of them are HexAnt.
    • Entrath Society? A play on Pathfinder Society?

Also I am not much for deckbuilding I just ask other people to help me but I can contribute. I'm a very good Mage player I can give tips and stuff to be them effectively.
      Lore Hound: Self Proclaimed Expert to Hex Lore (and right 80% of time with theories)
    • CoachFliperon wrote:

Noticed all the [xxxxxxx] mentions up there? That group will also need a name, and this is where things gets interesting!

I will also be requesting your help in naming this new group! For all your efforts, I will be laying down a Dragon's share worth of gold in prize... 1,000,000 gold pieces to be exact!

I think you inadvertently named the group yourself

"the Dragon's Share" sounds like an awesome name for a group of community helpers.
    • I don't know if votes matter, but I REALLY like this one that's already submitted.

PlatinumDeTwenty wrote:

CoachFliperon wrote:

I think you inadvertently named the group yourself

"the Dragon's Share" sounds like an awesome name for a group of community helpers.

Really, I would only suggest adding a profession to refer to the actual contributors: Shard Knights of the Dragon's Share

Of course, in the spirit of cooperation and collaboration, I'll try my own original creations... though I don't think they are anywhere as good.
      • Movers of Hextory
      • Hexlers
      • Princess Cory's Army
      • The Hexeteers
      • HEX Academia
    • The Cerulean Council

The Arbiters

The Auditors

Entrath Engaged

Nulzann's Constructors

The Creator's Club

Off the Top