Stone me if you want, but - PvE???

    • Hey, anybody remember this thread? Good Times. If I was a developer I would have given almost anything for such a passionate and invested fan base. I mean a literal year-long thread with suggestions and feedback about where how how to course correct and absolutely nothing. I haven't been here for about 6 months or so, but thought I'd take a look to see if the dumpster fire has been put out yet.
    • I went from completely in love with the game to completely disgusted by the posture of those who run it.

      At this point, even a new set coming up right now, without any bugs or other ( will never happen ) would'nt get me back in the game.

      All that's left of Hex for me is typing " OMEGA LUL" in twitch chats when someone mentions it.

      Followed by * cries *, because it's so very very sad.
      Awaiting the Doomwalker's arrival in Entrath since the Beta.

      " Honey, where's my chaos key ?
      - Have you searched in your chaos coat ?
      - Shoot I left it in the chaos car... "

      ... Still be waiting for a while it seems ...
    • How can they "need" more money to develop AZ3? I have put at least 1000$ into this game and I have two friends who have put more than me into it.
      Somewhere the priorities went down the drain... Get the third adventure zone up now.
      Developing more PvP under 2017 and then developing for console 2018--- why? You had a good player base before those mistakes.
    • Base pay in Southern California for a Software Developer is $80,000 per year.
      x6 = $480,000
      It would have taken 480 Prinsallan's to keep 1 employee around.

      Not including any other employees or cost/fees to run the game...

      There was already a comment made a year or two ago by Cory that $25 million had already been invested in developing HEX. If true, the company may have been operating in the red soon after the kickstarter ended.

      It's not a question of "if" anymore. It's just a question of when and how. As a person that supported the dream, my expectation is human effort to take ownership and acknowledgement.
    • prinsallan wrote:

      How can they "need" more money to develop AZ3?
      They need more money to develop AZ3 for the same reason they need more money to launch set 10: arts and cards. The lore for AZ3 is almost complete, dungeons are designed, some of them are impressively big. Basically, all the "dungeon master" stuff is done.

      But we're not playing a tabletop RPG where people can imagine most of the scenery. All this new content needs new cards, possibly new game mechanics which need to be engineered, and most importantly, new art, which they can't afford.
    • I have offered a few times, and crazily offer again. Bring me on as a developer, I have plenty of experience with Dot Net programming and have many ideas to try and revitalize the game. Will gladly even take on being a voice to communicate with the community. I do not expect any pay as I know there is no money currently, but only offer my time part time due to this. I work full time as a developer currently.

      This game is amazing and it would never be my goal to steer it away from what it is but instead focus on doing back end work to make the team more capable of doing the things people enjoy. Just reach out with a personal message and start up a conversation.
    • NicoSharp wrote:

      Base pay in Southern California for a Software Developer is $80,000 per year.
      x6 = $480,000
      It would have taken 480 Prinsallan's to keep 1 employee around.

      Not including any other employees or cost/fees to run the game...

      There was already a comment made a year or two ago by Cory that $25 million had already been invested in developing HEX. If true, the company may have been operating in the red soon after the kickstarter ended.

      It's not a question of "if" anymore. It's just a question of when and how. As a person that supported the dream, my expectation is human effort to take ownership and acknowledgement.
      480 people for a worldwide game is nothing. Besides, I offered my services many years ago and I asked for a salary of 2000$, as a card-designer, creative developer and with 15 years as a photohopper/photographer in my resume. I spent 50 hours on my job-application and all I got was a "no".
      facebook.com/jonas.astrand.7/m….10205262753783779&type=3
    • Illithid wrote:

      I have offered a few times, and crazily offer again. Bring me on as a developer, I have plenty of experience with Dot Net programming and have many ideas to try and revitalize the game. Will gladly even take on being a voice to communicate with the community. I do not expect any pay as I know there is no money currently, but only offer my time part time due to this. I work full time as a developer currently.

      This game is amazing and it would never be my goal to steer it away from what it is but instead focus on doing back end work to make the team more capable of doing the things people enjoy. Just reach out with a personal message and start up a conversation.
      If Hex don't bring any money, the least Cory could do was to release his grip on it and let the community take over the ship. I bet we are many people here willing to put the effort into bringing it forward. Many, many people has asked for AZ3 a long time now. I still don't understand why porting to PS4 was on the top of their list, such a bad priority...
    • prinsallan wrote:

      NicoSharp wrote:

      Base pay in Southern California for a Software Developer is $80,000 per year.
      x6 = $480,000
      It would have taken 480 Prinsallan's to keep 1 employee around.

      Not including any other employees or cost/fees to run the game...

      There was already a comment made a year or two ago by Cory that $25 million had already been invested in developing HEX. If true, the company may have been operating in the red soon after the kickstarter ended.

      It's not a question of "if" anymore. It's just a question of when and how. As a person that supported the dream, my expectation is human effort to take ownership and acknowledgement.
      480 people for a worldwide game is nothing. Besides, I offered my services many years ago and I asked for a salary of 2000$, as a card-designer, creative developer and with 15 years as a photohopper/photographer in my resume. I spent 50 hours on my job-application and all I got was a "no".facebook.com/jonas.astrand.7/m….10205262753783779&type=3
      Honestly, those examples in your post are sub-par. I would not employ you either. Sorry.

      Aside from that, going from crowdfunded to crowddeveloped would be absolutely next level. If there's is any chance..

      Also, contrary to a lot of people here I hold no grudges at all against Cory. I don't see any substance to the claims that HEX failed because of him. I'm sure some of his decisionmaking could have been better and I'm sure he would agree to that as well but I don't think he's the root cause of the problem.

      I would like to read his current opinion on about everything at some point though. I hope he will eventually talk to us or make a statement.
      "Ignorant beliefs are stains upon the mind."