Stone me if you want, but - PvE???

• Pandaemonium wrote:

Vroengard wrote:

@Plotynus Guy's last post was on February '18. He's one of those people that don't visit forums. Probably don't know what's going on. I'd expect more people that don't check with the community start visiting, wondering when the next set hits.
      Isnt that why there are still Friday updates? Letting people think that the game will still go on.
      No. Friday updates are there to bring hope to the community then crushing them with the same news and bringing them back in to again breaks them. Exactly like a bad relation with that ex that you keep coming back to but breaks you each time. Oh well we ll see what this Friday update says. Maybe something good. ...
    • tophat wrote:

Stonehammer wrote:

I backed for PVE. I bought a bunch of decks for PVE. I have not touched the game because I am just not good as a PVP player and trying to get into a "fair" game feels like hitting myself with a brick. PVE coop was why i jumped in as OP said; a card game with RPG elements yes please.
      I've seen this comment a lot and I get to thinking that maybe they never really intended hex to be as PvE focused as people wanted it to be but just failed to communicate that to people backing.
      Maybe PvE was always intended to just be a feature to bring players to the game, where they would become PvP players.

Or I hope that is what happened...

Because the alternative means that the stalling of PvE development may have been due to simply focusing on the side of the game that made the most money (paradoxically slowly losing the playerbase that their PvE promises attracted in the first place) ...I really don't want that to be the case, but we may never really know, at least not until there has been a proper post-mortem.
      That's definitely not the case, because I came to HEX after an ad campaign that presented HEX primarily for its campaign. So it was definitely intended to be PvE focused. They just never bothered designing it properly.
    • icecon wrote:

SaintVicarious wrote:

Pentachills wrote:

No matter what happens, at least we know this thread will live on.
      At least until an admin kills it. =P
      We still have to stone OP ;)
      The people that would stone him have either already left or changed sides.
      Need I remind you how many were like "Shut up, doomsayer, everything's fine" and "If there was no PvE, Hex would be in a much better position now" while already with one foot on the door? Have you heard anything of them as of late?

TL;DR OP is fine and the only one in need of stoning or similar public punishment and humiliation is HXE.
    • Frederik wrote:

Week after week a generic update, there copy/paste printer is working atleast
      So 6th of july was the last time we got an update about the art, was hoping we would be starting to see some spoilers by now.
      as many have said... the next update we're likely to get is going to be the servers closing. I am torn as to whether I want to rush that one or not.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • Eraia wrote:

Frederik wrote:

Week after week a generic update, there copy/paste printer is working atleast
      So 6th of july was the last time we got an update about the art, was hoping we would be starting to see some spoilers by now.
      as many have said... the next update we're likely to get is going to be the servers closing. I am torn as to whether I want to rush that one or not.
      :( ;(
      The Wardens of Entrath is a large, open to public community of Hex enthusiasts with a mission to help and support Hex players and content creators alike!

Find us on our Discord server or website!
    • :D :D :D

I posted this thread after a long period of silence on the PvE front. A period, when just asking about more PvE was immediately followed by bashing the person with statements like "it makes no money, do you want the game to die?" and "this game should have been PvP only."
      So when i was posting the OP, i was kinda scared to be even asking. I thought that im the only one who remembered what hex should have been. I was trying to be civil, polite and i was a bit shy. But i knew that i loved hex, loved the PvE and wanted more. And if more was not available, i expected PvE theorycrafting, showing us the design, the talent trees, debating about new features and the issues they have with designing them. Showing us stuff to help us wait for AZ3. And after posting and seeing the reaction of the people (friendly and not stoning me), i thought: Man, the articles will start any day now. Any day now... Riiiiight.... Now!
      Now? :(
      I know the things went south, but i was glad that I was not alone. Thanks for that everyone! ;)

Update: Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales will release on October 23rd! :D

The post was edited 1 time, last by Coyote ().

• Coyote wrote:

:D :D :D

I posted this thread after a long period of silence on the PvE front. A period, when just asking about more PvE was immediately followed by bashing the person with statements like "it makes no money, do you want the game to die?" and "this game should have been PvP only."
      So when i was posting the OP, i was kinda scared to be even asking. I thought that im the only one who remembered what hex should have been. I was trying to be civil, polite and i was a bit shy. But i knew that i loved hex, loved the PvE and wanted more. And if more was not available, i expected PvE theorycrafting, showing us the design, the talent trees, debating about new features and the issues they have with designing them. Showing us stuff to help us wait for AZ3. And after posting and seeing the reaction of the people (friendly and not stoning me), i thought: Man, the articles will start any day now. Any day now... Riiiiight.... Now!
      Now? :(
      I know the things went south, but i was glad that I was not alone. Thanks for that everyone! ;)

Update: Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales will release on October 23rd! :D

This thread did more good for Hex than the Hex dev team has in the time since you posted it.

You should be proud of starting it.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.