Stone me if you want, but - PvE???

• Frederik wrote:

Its true that the chances of them working on PvE are pretty slim, but they did say AZ3 was maybe this year or early next year if i remember correctly.
      I know there is a chance that the game will die soon also but i also think that if they dont die they might decide to finish PvE.
      I just want to try and stay a bit positive. Who knows they will get an investor or they can sell it to a company that can fix/upgrade everything.
      No statement was made about AZ3 coming early next year. It was a hard 'maybe' for this year. And considering the current state of HEX, and the administration's priorities in its development prior to getting to this state, there is about 0% chance that AZ3 is ever coming unless HEX manages to pull up out of this nosedive before server shutdown.
    • Frederik wrote:

Its true that the chances of them working on PvE are pretty slim, but they did say AZ3 was maybe this year or early next year if i remember correctly.
      I know there is a chance that the game will die soon also but i also think that if they dont die they might decide to finish PvE.
      I just want to try and stay a bit positive. Who knows they will get an investor or they can sell it to a company that can fix/upgrade everything.
      Considering the state of Set 10 (2 month delay announced, and then dead silence afterwards), also considering that about 0 people work on HEX (they don't even answer support tickets nowadays), our chance to get AZ3 is about equal to a snowball's chance in Hell. Sorry.
    • There's not a 'chance' the game will die soon, it's already dead and done. Nothing short of some company pouring a lot of personal funds into revitalizing it can fix it, and I don't really see that happening. Hex has already been shopped around to a lot of different publishers, and we haven't really seen success from that.
      Old username: Aradon | Collector backer | Starting a guild for Newbies -- "The Cerulean Acadamy" -- Taking applications once guilds are implemented
    • Went in and played over the weekend my keep was down and i got insta qued in constructed. I'm not saying the game is fine or healthy but all the cries of its already dead are not true.

If they release set 10 some people will come back for that and activity will rise to healthyish levels again. Is that enough? I have no idea but again saying its already dead is simply not true. Deader games than this have clunked along for years some to find their feet others to slowly bleed out.

But make no mistake at its core hex is a fucking amazing game how ever squanered that potential might have been.
    • Frederik wrote:

Erukk wrote:

Cernz wrote:

Set 10 + tablet (mobile client) could change something, but tablet....
      The game would have to be optimized to hell and back before it could go anywhere near a tablet. It's a resource hog as it is on a desktop.
      Dont think tablet xwill do alot, waste alot of resources again imo.Set 10 and FRA in raid mode that would bring alot of people back.
      also guilds should be in than
      true but tbh, tablet should have been in the works for years already and it was also mentioned to be released until end of 2018 afaik ;)... but yeah its quite unlikely atm.
      Austrian Kickstarter & Slacker Backer
      -=] Dont mess with the bull, you gonna get the horn [=-
    • Tablet will just be another disaster after PS4, so...whatever. It's just going to create another wave of negative reviews. But I guess negative reviews are better than dead. All my friends see in the constructed ladder are PS4 players nowadays.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Goliathus ().

• Stonehammer wrote:

I backed for PVE. I bought a bunch of decks for PVE. I have not touched the game because I am just not good as a PVP player and trying to get into a "fair" game feels like hitting myself with a brick. PVE coop was why i jumped in as OP said; a card game with RPG elements yes please.
      I've seen this comment a lot and I get to thinking that maybe they never really intended hex to be as PvE focused as people wanted it to be but just failed to communicate that to people backing.

Maybe PvE was always intended to just be a feature to bring players to the game, where they would become PvP players.

Or I hope that is what happened...

Because the alternative means that the stalling of PvE development may have been due to simply focusing on the side of the game that made the most money (paradoxically slowly losing the playerbase that their PvE promises attracted in the first place) ...I really don't want that to be the case, but we may never really know, at least not until there has been a proper post-mortem.
    • What happened to the real question on this thread. Where in development is AZ3?
      Ill gladly work on that project if the hands of the developers are tied, but we shouldnt really have to wait longer than 6 months for every AZ.
      1,5-2 years is just ridiculous.

I have unlocked every mercenary I own, and I own all but one (Angar Krad).
      I have played the AZ1 and AZ2 so much that I have level 15 characters from all races and most classes.

If Hex development team dont think the campaign sells, they are dead wrong, they just need to focus on selling singles somewhere online.
      Ive bought singles from Hexprimal for over 300$ over the last two months, just to play new, cool decks. My favourite so far is the Rowdy deck (Sugarpuss merc).
      So plz, hex-team, put some effort into AZ3 and Multiplayer vs AI, that is what was promised during the kickstarter campaign fro Hex.
    • prinsallan wrote:

What happened to the real question on this thread. Where in development is AZ3?
      Ill gladly work on that project if the hands of the developers are tied, but we shouldnt really have to wait longer than 6 months for every AZ.
      1,5-2 years is just ridiculous.

I have unlocked every mercenary I own, and I own all but one (Angar Krad).
      I have played the AZ1 and AZ2 so much that I have level 15 characters from all races and most classes.

If Hex development team dont think the campaign sells, they are dead wrong, they just need to focus on selling singles somewhere online.
      Ive bought singles from Hexprimal for over 300$ over the last two months, just to play new, cool decks. My favourite so far is the Rowdy deck (Sugarpuss merc).
      So plz, hex-team, put some effort into AZ3 and Multiplayer vs AI, that is what was promised during the kickstarter campaign fro Hex.
      Lol, Hex-team, is that thing still?
      Twitter: @Plotynus