Stone me if you want, but - PvE???

• Plotynus wrote:

@Vroengard: The game had a "stable" continuum for about 2 years (around 2k/3k active players per month, give or take, according to Fred's data). One could argue if that was enough, but it was paying the bills and for example, allowed HXE to have cash prizes and a stable set release schedule. Of course, we all knew that situation wouldn't last forever. When we were talking about PvE, the discussion was if it were the way for Hex to grow. I had a different opinion, but none of that matters anymore. Now we're talking about the death of the game. Different discussions.

The current situation we're seeing is not because PvE. It's because mismanagement. The current downhill it's because the artistgate + the update from Cory. People stopped playing because the discussion now it's not if the game will grow or not, but when they will shut down the game. And that shift relies mostly on how HXE decided to handle the current crisis.
      Artisgate and the update are symptoms of a bigger problem which is that pvp itself was not successful. More people stopped playing after artisgate, but the fundamental problem was not Artisgate itself.
    • Show of hands:

Who thinks 2k/3k active players per month is enough to be profitable ?
      Who thinks that they ever had 120,000 active players in any month ?

Lastly:
      Artistgate was just a symptom. By that point the game was already deeply deeply in trouble. Again...the delayed payments for cash winners was way before that and already was a sign of deep deep trouble. You can go back even further. It isnt the players with their doom and gloom and a self-fulfilling prophecy what is to blame here. It is kind of the opposite. Back when there was still enough time for a possible course correction I was critizised from all fronts for spreading "doom and gloom". With Artistgate there was a swing and "doom and gloom" became the majority opinion. Sadly by that point it was too late already.
    • Here is an article I published on my blog in 2016. I am a Business Strategist by profession. The article used hex as an example https://ravimoodley.com/blog/innovation-for-the-love-of-innovation.

The other one I wrote in 2015 in also pertinent to Hex. ravimoodley.com/blog/business_model_innovation

The articles is my opinion. Obviously there will be those that agree and those who disagree. I'm a gamer by hobby. I've worked in mainly in financial services.
    • Plotynus wrote:

The current situation we're seeing is not because PvE. It's because mismanagement. The current downhill it's because the artistgate + the update from Cory. People stopped playing because the discussion now it's not if the game will grow or not, but when they will shut down the game. And that shift relies mostly on how HXE decided to handle the current crisis.
      You speak as though they're two different issues. PvE negligence and mismanagement were two sides of the same (Kismet) coin. PvE built the game, let it stand out amidst a sea of card games released in the same era. Now, whether you want to say that would be enough to propel it forward and grow it is a different discussion, but what I can tell you is ignoring the group who were your greatest source of income in the first place was a fundamentally stupid decision. The current downhill didn't start with ArtistGate. It didn't even start with failure to pay tournement winnings. The current downhill started with HXE's complete inability to communicate with its community.

sindharin wrote:

Here is an article I published on my blog in 2016. I am a Business Strategist by profession. The article used hex as an example https://ravimoodley.com/blog/innovation-for-the-love-of-innovation.

The other one I wrote in 2015 in also pertinent to Hex. ravimoodley.com/blog/business_model_innovation

The articles is my opinion. Obviously there will be those that agree and those who disagree. I'm a gamer by hobby. I've worked in mainly in financial services.
      I liked it, and yeah, definitely highlights some of the factors that led to Hex's death. I think - for many of us - the real reason was simple apathy. Look at a company like Amplitude: They were a "came from nowhere" indy dev that built themselves on their community, communicating every step of the way. They continued this approach through the first game, and then that same community helped them earn enough to produce three more games so far - hell, one of the games is four years old and is still selling paid expansions, which the community is happily paying for. Because they're heard. HXE, in comparison, has always been distant with its community, not just recently. When you're small, you can't afford to be negligent to the people keeping the lights on: The players.
      Never shift in to reverse without a backup plan.
    • sindharin wrote:

Here is an article I published on my blog in 2016. I am a Business Strategist by profession. The article used hex as an example https://ravimoodley.com/blog/innovation-for-the-love-of-innovation.

So than it comes back to PvE again?
      Magic is a game for people to sit togheter and hf, hex would have gotten the same with raids and guilds where people start to use chat programs and start to play togheter for a common goal.
    • Frederik wrote:

Goliathus wrote:

Needle wrote:

So after another 6 months break, anything new here or announced on the PVE horizon?
      PVE: Nothing is coming out ever.
      Sorry but dont think you should say something like that as a joke, it never has been proven that they arent releasing more PvE.Also if i believe there announcement was that AZ3 was hopefully END 2018 (so maybe even early 2019?)
      Are you for real or trolling?
    • Frederik wrote:

Goliathus wrote:

Needle wrote:

So after another 6 months break, anything new here or announced on the PVE horizon?
      PVE: Nothing is coming out ever.
      Sorry but dont think you should say something like that as a joke, it never has been proven that they arent releasing more PvE.Also if i believe there announcement was that AZ3 was hopefully END 2018 (so maybe even early 2019?)
      They also announce that set 10 is coming soon, let's see if they go through with that. I can't prove a lie before that lie can be examined, but I certainly don't believe they are doing anything about this game at the moment. Have you read other various threads recently?
    • Frederik wrote:

Sorry but dont think you should say something like that as a joke

hahahahahahahahahahah!!

You're fucking hilarious.

They weren't working on PVE properly 2 years ago. The zero employees left in the company sure as shit aren't working on it now. :P
      --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
      - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well
    • Frederik wrote:

Sorry but dont think you should say something like that as a joke, it never has been proven that they arent releasing more PvE.
      Technically, such a thing can't be proven.

But I guarantee you that nobody is actively working on it... except MAYBE Cory doodling on napkins in his free time in the evenings.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • Its true that the chances of them working on PvE are pretty slim, but they did say AZ3 was maybe this year or early next year if i remember correctly.
      I know there is a chance that the game will die soon also but i also think that if they dont die they might decide to finish PvE.
      I just want to try and stay a bit positive. Who knows they will get an investor or they can sell it to a company that can fix/upgrade everything.