Stone me if you want, but - PvE???

• New

KEEPS ARE COMING BOIS.

Brace yourselves.
      Awaiting the Doomwalker's arrival in Entrath since the Beta.

" Honey, where's my chaos key ?
      - Have you searched in your chaos coat ?
      - Shoot I left it in the chaos car... "

... Still be waiting for a while it seems ...
    • New

Attackers have Standard legal decks with no reserves which must overcome all three defense decks, which have unfettered access. I'm admittedly a little bit bummed that defenders get all PVE cards accessible, simply by virtue of the fact that it diminishes the incentive to really chase after building a collection of PVE cards--but if that's what is necessary to encourage broader participation, so be it.
    • New

" My standard deck stronk.
      - Terrormill/ Crowd roars : You funny. You are like little baby. "
      Awaiting the Doomwalker's arrival in Entrath since the Beta.

" Honey, where's my chaos key ?
      - Have you searched in your chaos coat ?
      - Shoot I left it in the chaos car... "

... Still be waiting for a while it seems ...
    • New

Olfff wrote:

" My standard deck stronk.
      - Terrormill/ Crowd roars : You funny. You are like little baby. "
      Given that the AI likes to mill itself for some reason right now, that might be a little shaky pending on some tweaks!

Also of most excellent news though, Cory confirmed that while PS4 players won't (presently) be able to set up siege defense--they will be able to attack in siege, which means a nice fun new avenue for them to play around with standard-legal decks and try to win some coin.
    • New

I will enjoy setting up a defense. I understand there are some good reasons for making attack restricted to Standard, but it really drops my interest level on that end of it. I have a giant library of cool cards I want more reasons to tinker with, and the reason I play PVE is to find creative interactions and themes in that card pool, not just netdeck the Standard meta, which will once again be the optimal strategy here like it is in ranked. Yay more Sockets/Candles/Verdict.

That said, I'm happy that they are pushing forward into new territory.
    • New

Blackwood wrote:

Attackers have Standard legal decks with no reserves which must overcome all three defense decks, which have unfettered access. I'm admittedly a little bit bummed that defenders get all PVE cards accessible, simply by virtue of the fact that it diminishes the incentive to really chase after building a collection of PVE cards--but if that's what is necessary to encourage broader participation, so be it.
      “On top of that, you’ll have access to every PvE card that we’ve released that you own and any equipment that you own.“ - Siege Release Article

I don’t think they give you access to every PvE card, but that any PvE card you already own is legal to play on defense.

So we still need to build are PvE collections.

_______

This is good news. I’m happy that Hex is talking about new ways to play and reasons to build our collection (finally).

Well done guys.
    • New

Darklight wrote:

“On top of that, you’ll have access to every PvE card that we’ve released that you own and any equipment that you own.“ - Siege Release Article
      I don’t think they give you access to every PvE card, but that any PvE card you already own is legal to play on defense.

So we still need to build are PvE collections.

_______

This is good news. I’m happy that Hex is talking about new ways to play and reasons to build our collection (finally).

Well done guys.
      Yup, Cory confirmed it's just from your collection, I just wasn't sure from the wording. Gives more incentive to pursue PVE cards & equipment since there's an element introduced from player to play now--I'm pretty stoked at the potential!
    • New

Mach wrote:

I don't envy the people who have to balance this format. It's very likely the hardest thing anyone working on Hex has ever done professionally and if they don't get it just right the entire format will collapse (no one willing to attack or no one willing to defend).

Blackwood wrote:

Core wrote:

I will enjoy setting up a defense. I understand there are some good reasons for making attack restricted to Standard, but it really drops my interest level on that end of it. I have a giant library of cool cards I want more reasons to tinker with, and the reason I play PVE is to find creative interactions and themes in that card pool, not just netdeck the Standard meta, which will once again be the optimal strategy here like it is in ranked. Yay more Sockets/Candles/Verdict.

Just read the below

HEXCoryJones wrote:

we will be exploring this one step at a time, the gap between player ability and the AI ability is something we will have to work out... we need to stack the odds on the AI to give it a chance it will NEVER be as good as a human player (don't tell Chris I said that)
      With that said... the goal is to have full PVE for both attacker and defender... with the NOTE (all caps for added emphasis) there would be a large ban / restricted list for Siege mode of PVE cards on the attack side.

as I said this is the first step, we will make it awesome with your help :)
      Bolded, italicized and underlinned by me.
    • New

VicMan wrote:

Foxhold wrote:

Insofar as Hex goes, though, there is at best low-tier casual interest in the idea of PvE loyalty at this point. If you wanted to compare to the above we're at the nostalgia phase already. The best comparison I can make is that Hex STRONGLY reminds me of Marvel Heroes at this point. The game made a lot of promises, had a very active dev team, etc. Then the devs slowly but surely clammed up, they started making promises that were never delivered, they made a quick console port cash-grab, and then one day the game just very unceremoniously died. This game strongly reminds me of the end of Marvel Heroes at this point, and that isn't a good thing.
      If you game the whole game that totally false ....
      ...what? 8|
    • New

Hmm. I mean, it's cool that they're still developing things, I guess, but...I mean this is just reusing what's already in the game in a slightly different way. It doesn't really indicate that they've actually been developing anything. They haven't made a new Lego set, they've just rearranged the pieces they already had. So...yeah, not super stoked about this.
    • New

Vroengard wrote:

Foxhold wrote:

They haven't made a new Lego set, they've just rearranged the pieces they already had.
      We've been howlering for that too, you know. What is Keep Defence? EDH? EVO-style dungeons? None of them asks for new Lego sets, just different rearrangements, as you so well put it, of already existing stuff.
      Granted, but that works more or less well depending on the specific iteration thereof. For example...what exactly am I defending? My "Keep"? Why? It doesn't really exist, there's nothing in it. My hoard? All I have to do is not put money in it, and it's invincible.

I'm saying thematically this is suspect. It seems silly to defend keeps that don't exist is all, there would seem to me at least to be a logical progression to how such things should be implemented.

This is just my opinion though, I'm not saying the mode is necessarily bad or unwelcome, just that it doesn't interest me personally because it isn't actually PvE, it's botted PvP still. It's just PvP with more steps.