Stone me if you want, but - PvE???

• Stone me if you want, but - PvE???

When was the last piece of campaign news from Hex released? Do we know what is with PvE? Like - seriously? :)
      (and no, frost ring arena revamp does not count. It kinda sucked and i hate running arena treadmill. You dont even use your own heroes in that)

i've read this interview - Cory interview transcript (@General's Tent 150 - Sept 4th 2017)
      - and it seems like even HexEnt is clueless about the whole PvE experience. :( This was the only thing that brought me to Hex - the whole MMO PvE aspect, raids, guilds, pimping your character, equipment... And keeps! I always imagined them as HOMAM castles i can build, my heaven in the hex world!
      If I would want PvP game, there are literary swarms of card games out here - in various degrees of F2P models, complexity and with better meta. Hell - Hearthstone, Gwent, MGO...
      You can say about me and others, that we are always bitching about PvE and its slowness + totally unclear plans for the future and about how kickstarter was in 2013 and in 2017 we dont have even half of PvE features promised there (wasn't there an anniversary of kickstarting around this/last month? :D) But i would not give a rat's ass about Hex 4 years ago if the whole PvE aspect was not there. And im kinda losing my patience and my hopes.
      So... still waiting for at least some piece of info that is not another PvP set, please?
      If im just blind (im always camping the hex main page every week) - link me some PvE info here and i will shut my yapper :D

The post was edited 2 times, last by Coyote ().

• I bet we will see tweaks to fra every new set. AZ3 wont come out till spring of next year.

Should hex have a AMA about pve, yessir. But I doubt they will. I think their resources are spent up with the ps4 launch and pvp sets. Should hex be working on PVE, yep, but they may be too small to make it work right now.
    • Nobody should berate you for seeking acknowledgement and information regarding something you're passionate about.

There have been a lot of posts offering suggestions... but I fear that Hex is overwhelmed with the burden of pvp development and design and simply lacks the resources to devote the attention some of us would like to pve...
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • In their defense, we did get a lot of PvE content with the Set7 updates / FRA 2.0.

To your point: The general's tent comments I heard, and I didn't listen to all, portrayed a lack of energy and insight into what is being done and objectives. Pepper that with, it was a holiday, and maybe Cory didn't want to say too much about what is being done until it is ready.

I know I am overstepping here, but an active dialogue with HXE / Dino / Cory / anyone else there working on PvE would be great. I think the community has a lot of insight on what could work well, what they would pay for, and what could possibly be low-hanging fruit. What has been produced has been great, and you really have a unique thing here that makes HEX stand-out. Clinging onto it, and improving it, to allow it to make you money, and grow your playerbase, seems like the Diamond in the rough. Many of us would hate to see this get dropped. I am at the point now, where I only play PvP limited to help me progress my PvE play.

It really disappointed me to hear all hands were on deck basically to create a PS4 version that doesn't even pull in the 1 unique experience HEX offered it's playerbase. Which alludes to resources being pulled from advancing the PvE pieces.
    • When lead PvE heads like nicosharp and coachfliperon start having serious concerns, it's close to the point of no return.

Even if those that were seeing where this was headed were being berated for months/weeks on end.

The wolf may or may not be real, but we hear his howl and see his shadow.
    • It just makes me so sad and frustrated. :(
      - I would immediately buy more char slots for platinum to level more chars in the content we have now
      - And buy more cards on AH - or even packs - to get more cards i need for various interesting decks for those new characters
      - I would pay platinum for more campaign chapters (after the core from kickstarter is done ofc)
      I can't overstate how much this PvE side of Hex is important to me - other games have few linear encounters and that's it. Hex is great and different and... one AZ per year is just not enough. This attention to everything else but PvE experience is not enough. Arena is an offshoot we got before proper campaign was introduced. An offshoot to keep us satisfied while waiting for the promised MMO experience. I feel like I am patient and understanding - i know that PvP makes money (which dont have to be the case as I wrote above) but all this feels... just unfair and sucky :(
      Is there any way to get someone from HexEnt to calm us/show us more PvE snippets? I suppose not, if everyone has full hands with PS4 release (and it is PvP only ofc... )
    • AceBladewing wrote:

NicoSharp wrote:

In their defense, we did get a lot of PvE content with the Set7 updates / FRA 2.0.
      Your definition of "a lot" in regards to PVE content differs from mine greatly.
      More equipment than any other single patch. Complete redesign of Arena. Expansion of encounters from 30 possibilities, to... I believe if I counted correctly with Elite variants, over 100. (Need to double-check spreadsheet). Many new PvE cards as rewards (Arena and Set 7)

It might not be "a lot" of unique content that differs from what we already have, but it is definitely a lot of PvE content. I know we want new systems, new campaign, new classes, new talents, "some" end game, RAIDS, GUILDS, STRONGHOLDS, ACHIEVEMENTS, etc...
    • NicoSharp wrote:

More equipment than any other single patch. Complete redesign of Arena. Expansion of encounters from 30 possibilities, to... I believe if I counted correctly with Elite variants, over 100. (Need to double-check spreadsheet). Many new PvE cards as rewards (Arena and Set 7)
      It might not be "a lot" of unique content that differs from what we already have, but it is definitely a lot of PvE content. I know we want new systems, new campaign, new classes, new talents, "some" end game, RAIDS, GUILDS, STRONGHOLDS, ACHIEVEMENTS, etc...
      I've had a pretty dramatic decline of how much hard cash I've been spending on Hex personally and that's despite still spiking for the new set releases this year; unless the trajectory looks like it's going to change meaningfully with AZ3 -> Hex going into 2018, four years is probably the end of the line for me. I sympathize with the bulk of the frustrations being voiced in these threads and in these topics by PVE players and guilds--for what it's worth it's coming from someone in my case who went out of their way to buy every piece of equipment available up through current sets, playsets of expensive PVE cards, the works all in the name of 'Just in case PVE goes big I want all these tools available to play with.' As of set 7 and Clash / Bash etc. I've just hit an abrupt cliff. The angler event is the first time since the release of Hex I didn't even bother logging in to run content for, and that bums me out.
    • I've been the eternal optimist when it comes to PvE.

But HextEnt is starting to remind me of a now defunct game called Firefall.

GREAT premise: open world, resource gathering, sci-fi shooter. It was new, innovate and FUN. PvE was a rush of exploration: trying to find a good location to harvest and defend, and combat: fighting off swarms of creatures as you desperately waited for your mining drone to extract.

Then... Then Firefall started chasing the 'E-Sport' dragon. They started focusing solely on PVP, making nerfs and buffs and ignoring the unique game they had created and tried to bed CoD or Counter-Strike at their own game...

I'm getting whiffs of the same smoke coming off of Hex. I think a major draw of the Kickstarter was for the PvE MMO elements which still do not exist. While Hex is the finest card game I've played, I don't think that's enough to GET people to start playing.

Having PvE definitely would. It's unique. What other card game has hundreds of puzzles to solve along with world-building lore and the menace of head stacking goblins?

Hex will get lost if the team focuses on being just another PVP digital card game. There's not enough to stand out from that massive crowd.

(And God's, I hope I'm wrong with that last sentence.)
    • NicoSharp wrote:

In their defense, we did get a lot of PvE content with the Set7 updates / FRA 2.0.
      And I wish they'd put that effort into something that involved the PvE characters we've spent so much time working on and building, in stead of just leaving all of them to rot...

(the rest of this is not addressed directly at Nico)

Overall, I'm really sad with the state of PvE right now. I REALLY want something fun to do there. Arena was pushed to such an extreme of hate that it just feels like there's no room to have fun there. My characters that I've spent so much time on are stuck running the same handful of predictable dungeons that are just way too easy and static to be fun. There're so many awesome cards, mercenaries, and concepts I want to build around. But I have nowhere to USE what I build.

I'm not saying I want the old arena back, because it had its own problems... but I want somewhere to take the fun stuff I build and actually enjoy it. And right now, this game lacks that. And I see absolutely no signs of it coming anytime soon.

I *don't* believe Hex is dropping PvE. I really don't. I just wish I could understand what, if any, vision they have for it now... because, as I said in another thread, it just seems like it's not hitting anywhere near enough of the 'pve success' boxes I expect from games.

Edit: There's no shortage of community suggestions and feedback out there...

Hex Campaign Suggestions
      Converting F2P PvE to P2P: Hell's Pit
      Reworking Racial Starter decks to kick major butt
      Keeps: Hitting All The Birds With One Stone
      General's Tent EP 150: Monday 9/4 [with special guest] (has kind of become a discussion on pve)
      FRA 2.0 Review - Further Reflections
      So What's Up Devs?
      Raid and Co-op Musings
      The more I FRA the more I this Reserves would be good
      How are strongholds coming along

And so on.... yet the most we can get is assurance from Cory that they're not dropping PvE. Which most of us already are confident in. I don't think many of us actually believe they're interested in dropping it... we're just not content with how it is now and they're not telling us ANYTHING about their vision of the future except that they're not happy with how it is now either.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Eraia ().

• Eraia wrote:

NicoSharp wrote:

And I wish they'd put that effort into something that involved the PvE characters we've spent so much time working on and building, in stead of just leaving all of them to rot...
      Testify!
      I understand that cory/hexent was sometimes too open with their plans at the start - and when deadlines were pushed and pushed, they kinda closed. But i feel now is the time to bring us back. If keeps were close to finish (by Hex statements) at the release of AZ2, show them to us. Show the design and changes to another class. Give us more char slots (why the option is not in after AZ 2 was release - i don't get that to this day). Speak to the crowd of passionate players, who started their guilds and communities 4 years ago.
      Communicate...
    • I like PVE though some encounters are utter bull in terms of difficulty... I feel like Hex hasn't the time for PVE and just wanna make PVP.. I believe they don't wanna abandon PVE but it's like their not really concerened... They kinda went "Well Az3 taking too long so we'll stop making it and release set 6 and 7 :D" Which bugged me and now they said it was never our intention to release PVE every 4 months when they kinda did say that.. Even every 6months least give us 2 AZs a year but it's almost Jan and we have not even a spoiler season for AZ3 starting... now we have "Well PVE is kinda sucking bad so we're gonna overhual it entirely" I joined for ONE damn reason to play a Coyotle Elf and Shin'hare Warlock and 4 1/2 years later still no warlock class in PVE. Heck took em 3 years to even make PVE... Which I understand is difficult but still...
      Lore Hound: Self Proclaimed Expert to Hex Lore (and right 80% of time with theories)
    • Coyote wrote:

Eraia wrote:

NicoSharp wrote:

Testify!I understand that cory/hexent was sometimes too open with their plans at the start - and when deadlines were pushed and pushed, they kinda closed. But i feel now is the time to bring us back. If keeps were close to finish (by Hex statements) at the release of AZ2, show them to us. Show the design and changes to another class. Give us more char slots (why the option is not in after AZ 2 was release - i don't get that to this day). Speak to the crowd of passionate players, who started their guilds and communities 4 years ago.
      Communicate...
      Communication has been their achilles heel since the first weekend drafts fired and went kaboom.

You would think they would say to themselves "gee people are getting disheartened and may not invest in set 8", we should let them know what we intend for keeps and show it to them". Instead we have almost an elitist attitude, some people know what is happening behind the scenes and brag that they can't tell you. It is kind of weird.
    • Game is great - the speed of new PvE content for our campaign is the thing that sucks.
      - why the rewamped arena didnt appear on campaign map for us to use our chars and mercs?
      - why not release few new encounters on the map with every pvp set, tied to its story and lore? PvP is alive and pve dead, frozen for a year after each AZ... Hell even i would manage to take new heroes from the pvp set, make theme decks with new cards for them and plug them as a node to the map somewhere. It was the bare minimum i expected...
    • Az1 came out in what jan of last year? Then Az2 came out in December last year and here we are an entire almost year and we get Frostring Arena update...... Seriously a whole year and only arena update?
      Lore Hound: Self Proclaimed Expert to Hex Lore (and right 80% of time with theories)
    • TheBlackCrypt wrote:

A business needs income and that income comes from the PVP side of the game so it's no big surprise that the PVE is on the back burner and a console version is close to being released. Perhaps no clear direction has been supplied for PVE because none really exists?
      Yeah and a lot of players kickstarted for PVE like "Raid Leader or Guild Owner" tiers and we got none of that. What your implying is Hex doesn't care bout PVE....
    • As i wrote, new char slots would bring income, i would buy more packs (income) to get cards for new deck ideas... Guilds and active coop would bring more people, but we want them on ps4, not bring back all pve players that gave up..
      So the only pvp makes money argument is kinda full of holes.