MTG Arena (new dTCG from WotC)

• Yasi wrote:

Yeah. Most people don't care if they don't own anything and don't care if they have to grind hours for something because "muh sense of accomplishment."

One reason why I'll be playing arena is the bigger player base. Quicker match queues is a big plus for me.
      WE, Hex players, don't own anything - its right the EULA. What are you even talking about?
    • I've been playing since 4-5 days and having fun actually.

Gameplay is fast paced, special effects are fast so they don't bother gameplay either.

I won't speak too much about it but in general I am happy this is a F2P game as it will probably be my second game to play and I won't put a penny in it. Hex being of course my main course. :)
    • The f2p aspect prolly works well as a kitchen table mtg experiance but many MAGIC players are only willing to durdle for so long. How long will the average player want to durdle for? Will an esports scene attempt to form? Can the gap between digital and cardboard be abridged? Lots of things to watch and learn from.
    • Mokog wrote:

The f2p aspect prolly works well as a kitchen table mtg experiance but many MAGIC players are only willing to durdle for so long. How long will the average player want to durdle for? Will an esports scene attempt to form? Can the gap between digital and cardboard be abridged? Lots of things to watch and learn from.
      Players have hosted tournaments in the past DotP and Magic Duels. Whether an actual esport will be formed is up to WotC, but I will not be surprised if there are third-party tournaments kicking up when this is open for public. As for the durdling, you can play competitive deck in this one, no card limitation this time and there's Bo3 and events develop in progress, (I also assume) one can P2P this when it is open for public. It's the most competitive-friendly non-MTGO product that have released on PC so far.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Like Portensio, I also feel this is an awesome F2P game -- F2P to me is like playing a super long term Evo, you play and play and you get more things to play with. As I am too poor to play real life Magic and there being no card shop in my place(only bigger cities have them in my place, rural state like mine has none), this is the best offer of MtG for me so far. Able to draft MtG for free? That's incredibly nice for me.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Goliathus ().

• I finally got beta access to this game as well and i'm enjoying so far. Fast paced, reward structure seems ok-ish, and since only the latest set is in the beta the metagame is relatively simple. Wonder how they will implement drafts though, the game mode I will probably play the most.
    • Bawb wrote:

I finally got beta access to this game as well and i'm enjoying so far. Fast paced, reward structure seems ok-ish, and since only the latest set is in the beta the metagame is relatively simple. Wonder how they will implement drafts though, the game mode I will probably play the most.
      Its not a question of how it will work but how much they will cost.

Drafts were already said in a stream that they have 14 card card packs and you keep the cards. (like a real draft).