Friday Update! 9.01.17

• On the topic of G24A-19, does anyone remember what the initial stats for it [back when it was listed on hex.tcgbrowser without art] were? I'm fairly certain it was quite different from the current armor form (though I may be misrecalling, of course), and I'm curious as to what it used to be.
    • Azuchi wrote:

losing out on the gamble for high-value legendary/primal chests
      I believe the spinning chance for C/UC is evaluated higher than the spinning chance for R/L because (1) it costs less while also (2) it has the same results as spinning the R/L. You have the chance at the SAME rewards but with less money. The value/money of lower chests is higher.
    • Azuchi wrote:

On the topic of G24A-19, does anyone remember what the initial stats for it [back when it was listed on hex.tcgbrowser without art] were? I'm fairly certain it was quite different from the current armor form (though I may be misrecalling, of course), and I'm curious as to what it used to be.
      This is original form as far as I know as it is the same as I saw on tcg.browser when it first showed up. I remember because I was all excited farm az2 packs to get it but later found out it was not actually in them even though it was listed as such.
    • Goliathus wrote:

OzawaWanderer wrote:

Dinotropia wrote:

We will need a patch to get the goodies chosen by our Exalted into the game. I don't have an ETA for you just yet, but we will of course let everyone know when they are in.
      Well a post not been shown to reveal Jeff's choice of reward
      The choice of reward comes with the Exalted interview, which Jeff's has not been posted yet.
      Remember, if he doesn't ask for world peace, it's all his fault. :rolleyes:
    • KingGabriel wrote:

Goliathus wrote:

OzawaWanderer wrote:

Dinotropia wrote:

We will need a patch to get the goodies chosen by our Exalted into the game. I don't have an ETA for you just yet, but we will of course let everyone know when they are in.
      Well a post not been shown to reveal Jeff's choice of reward
      The choice of reward comes with the Exalted interview, which Jeff's has not been posted yet.
      Remember, if he doesn't ask for world peace, it's all his fault. :rolleyes:
      World peace? Why not end world hunger? Unbelievable.
    • Vroengard wrote:

Azuchi wrote:

losing out on the gamble for high-value legendary/primal chests
      I believe the spinning chance for C/UC is evaluated higher than the spinning chance for R/L because (1) it costs less while also (2) it has the same results as spinning the R/L. You have the chance at the SAME rewards but with less money. The value/money of lower chests is higher.
      I'm not entirely certain what the subtopic you're addressing there is.

I was addressing effective values, based off current AH pricing. If you exclude the chance at legendary/primal chests, then a flat 2000 gold return roughly equates to the average return of the remaining (C/U/R) chests*- meaning that PS4 chests have similar value to PC ones. The exception to equivalency is in the lack of legendary/primal chance, as those are valued far higher than the remaining three chest rarities.

*Going off previously collected player data, it seems that probability of a chest dropping halves per rarity increase. Thus, going off AH values, that'd be aproximately (2600*4 + 1400*2 + 1600*1) / 7, for an average PC chest value of 2114 gold. After the 5% AH cut, that gives an effective average value of 2,008 gold- nearly identical to the gold return of PS4 chests.

As such, responding to your initial post- you said "it doesn't seem right somehow". I was noting that that's because PS4 players won't have a chance at a "jackpot" chest drop, as PC players get with legendary and primal chests. Other than that, the valuation is close enough (assuming plat-to-gold ratios remain stable) that it isn't worth quibbling over- and so, if the devs give gold chests a chance to drop "jackpots" as well- for example, a 15000g chest at the same probability rate that we have for dropping legendary chests- then the chests would balance out.

Without that adjustment, the base gold value of PS4 chests should likely be closer to double what it currently is, meaning that your "it doesn't seem right somehow" is an accurate sentiment.

Sukebe wrote:

Azuchi wrote:

On the topic of G24A-19, does anyone remember what the initial stats for it [back when it was listed on hex.tcgbrowser without art] were? I'm fairly certain it was quite different from the current armor form (though I may be misrecalling, of course), and I'm curious as to what it used to be.
      This is original form as far as I know as it is the same as I saw on tcg.browser when it first showed up. I remember because I was all excited farm az2 packs to get it but later found out it was not actually in them even though it was listed as such.

Yeah. There were two mercs that were "ghost listed" like that, but I don't recall anything about the second one now, and it's no longer on tcgbrowser.
      And pfoo. I coulda sworn it had different abilities than armor-based ones, before. Oh well. It's interesting enough, I suppose- even if its low health and inability to gain health mean that health-loss opponents will absolutely devastate it. :P