AZ2 Bounty 6: Human Focus

• AZ2 Bounty 6: Human Focus

This is the sixth bounty for AZ2 PvE theorycrafting. For the next 30 days, the focus will be Humans. Submission deadline will be Wednesday, September 27, 2017 @ 11:59pm ET.

I am offering a 1400 platinum bounty for each class setup that receives the most acclaim by your peers by the end of the 30 days. In other words 1400 platinum each for the chosen deck for Cleric, Mage, Warrior, and Ranger. That's 5600 platinum up for grabs! (Unfortunately I can't go higher than this currently on my own if I want to sustain this for the months to come.)

In the case of an unclear result/outcome, I will let CoachFliperon make the final call as he is maintaining Campaign Adventurer's Guide | Decklist repository | Champions | Mercenaries | Ships.

The budget of your deck is not an issue. Your goal is to make the best overall deck for each class. I understand that some encounters in the campaign will require whole new builds but the goal is to create a general optimized setup for each class that players can work towards as they climb to the current cap of Level 15.

Note: If there are any changes to be made to the bounty, I will update here ASAP.

~~~

Requirements:
      • Champion must be at Level 15.
      • The race must be Human.
      • One class per post.
      • If you have multiple decks, submit only your best deck for that class.
      • You may submit one deck per class.
      • Edit your posts as necessary and make note of the changes in your update.
      • Last edit time must be prior to deadline.
      • Please follow Submission Format.
      The main three goals of your deck should be and I hope the community will judge the decks based on these factors:
      • Consistency (how consistent is it?)
      • Flexibility (how well can it handle the majority of encounters?)
      • Speed (how quickly can it end the average encounter?)
      ~~~

Submission Format:

Class: <Class>

Talents:
      • List
      • in
      • Bullets
      Decklist:

Resources:
      • List
      • in
      • Bullets
      Troops:
      • List
      • in
      • Bullets
      Actions:
      • List
      • in
      • Bullets
      Constants:
      • List
      • in
      • Bullets
      Artifacts:
      • List
      • in
      • Bullets
      Equipment:
      • List
      • in
      • Bullets
      Mercenaries:
      • List
      • in
      • Bullets
      Details: <Explanation of strategy and usage of deck including potential substitutions (if available).>

~~~

Prizes:

Best Build of Cleric: 1400 platinum
      Best Build of Mage: 1400 platinum
      Best Build of Warrior: 1400 platinum
      Best Build of Ranger: 1400 platinum

~~~

And the bounty grows due to the following sponsors!

Sponsors: (None yet)
      HEX Support | HEX CoC | HEX T&C

Twitch | Steam | HEX Furs Telegram | Sterling Starwatcher
    • Woot! I've been really looking forward to this, and some of you may have heard of my human deck ive been excited to share for this, and here it is!

Class: Mage

Talents:

-Unlock: Knowledge is Power
      -Open Mind
      -SP Boon
      -Spry
      -Affinity: Mages
      -Secret Knowledge
      -Self Knowledge
      -Learn Spell: Magic Barrier
      -SP Buff
      -Guardian Golem

Decklist:

Resources:

-6x diamond shard
      -6x sapphire shard
      -4x well of purpose
      -4x Diamond Ice
      4x Sapphire ice

Troops:

-4x freaky fungus
      -3x Captain’s Parrot
      -3x Lady Devonshire
      -3x Thunderfield Elder
      -3x Cyclone Shaper (AA preferable)
      -3x Angel of Foresight

Actions:

-4x Heroic Echo
      -3x Morphology
      -4x Tidal Eddy
      -3x Mass Produce
      -3x King Lodegan’s Call

Constants:

None
      Artifacts:

None

Equipment:
      -Mushroom Cap
      -Production Template
      -Hero’s Armour
      -Mighty Morphin Gloves
      -Steady Eddy Boots
      -Mim’s Staff

Mercenaries:
      -Clatterclank
      -Gax, the sly Roller
      -Corporal Hadrien
      -Spirit of the Triumvirate

Details:
      This deck focuses on Mass Producing (har har) all of the troops you have available. This deck is a combo deck, and the beginning turns we use to set up our combos. We use Captain’s parrot to copy key spells as well as ramp up. The star of this deck is Cyclone Shaper, as he is the main target we want to replicate with this deck. However, he is not the only target we want to replicate, as Captain’s Parrot is a great target for duplicating with mass produce, as it is a replica and the replicas will copy your next spell, giving us tons of value and tons of ramp. Also, lady devonshire can be replicated with mass produce to put all the actions back in your deck, and get insane amounts of copied spells!

This deck focuses on using the mage talents to make the combo more consistent and to provide early game control by making barriers, polymorphing enemy threats, and also shuffling through our decks. We want to replicate mainly Cyclone Shapers and Captains parrot to get more effective resources to pull of gigantic mass replicates and gigantic Calls of Lodegan to produce hundreds (yes I said hundreds) of troops with a single spell cast. We have Lady Devonshire to put back actions in our deck and have those actions be copied by her effect. Note that you can use mass produce on lady Devonshire as you can have multiple replicas of a unique troop. We have Angels of Foresight with her weapon in order to fetch all of our actions.

The main strength of the deck is that once you get the combo off, you literally cannot be contested. You will have so many troops on the board the AI will not even think of attacking, and if they wipe your board with board wipes, Angel of Foresight’s effect will make your actions spawn them to summon yet another army of troops. Hell, you can even mass produce the opponents minions to refresh your army! The only weakness this deck has is early aggression, but that is why we have morphology (whose equipment gives us more draw for a faster combo) and also specced into the defensive tree of the mage class.

This deck will hold up well in the future. Why you may ask? It is a serious raid-killer. Have a partner focus on interrupts so that you can get your combo and you will make yourself a board that is even scarier than the raid bosses’ board will be. Because of our inclusion of lady Devonshire, this deck can expand infinitely. Mass produce her and some parrots and you will end up with more actions in your deck that you started with that will be exponentially copied by Lady Devonshire’s effect. Even if the raid boss focuses on direct damage, we can tech in one piece of equipment to make ourselves nigh invincible after the combo goes off: Ghostly Fingers. WAIT, WHAT?!?!?!? Yes Ghost Sentinel is not in our deck, but he is made from King Lodegan’s Call. So if we even get 2 copies of him from a 100 troop spawn (yes this deck can pull this off, its not even that hard to do) This gives us 200 armor. There will probably be some deathless guardians (that we can replicate!) in there that will reduce non combat damage as well, so its gonna be real hard for the boss to even touch you.

You all may have seen my previous version on the old forums, but I have updated it with the newly added az2 cards and some new cards after testing. Enjoy!

Edit: swapped regular resources for ice and spelling

The post was edited 2 times, last by Airtron ().

• Airtron wrote:

Woot! I've been really looking forward to this, and some of you may have heard of my human deck ive been excited to share for this, and here it is!

Troops:

-4x freaky fungus
      -3x Captain’s Parrot
      -3x Lady Devonshire
      -3x Thunderfield Elder
      -3x Angel of Foresight

Where are the humans? :P i dont see any^^
      Dinglers are the best race on Entrath!
    • Amostephil wrote:

Airtron wrote:

Woot! I've been really looking forward to this, and some of you may have heard of my human deck ive been excited to share for this, and here it is!

Troops:

-4x freaky fungus
      -3x Captain’s Parrot
      -3x Lady Devonshire
      -3x Thunderfield Elder
      -3x Angel of Foresight

Where are the humans? :P i dont see any^^
      Lady Devonshire was technically a human :p
    • Preface:

This deck is constants based and is the most recent of the many decks I experiment with on human cleric. There are many viable variations all based around constants, but this current setup is slightly more tuned to be resistant to troop aggro. My Tafford the Tireless actually runs a ruby diamond version with the more burn face constants. The skills I currently have on this character aren't really optimized for this deck at the moment. They are just general skills I have across multiple decks on him. Some talents that may be useful specifically for this deck include Blessing of the Immortals for possible grave recursion, The Chosen One for the chance of having that key invincible creature (though it would suck if this picks Spirit of Retribution to be Invincible instead of one of the deck's key troops), and possibly Aura Aspect: Animation for the synergy with constants. Though you can pretty much pick whatever skills you like to run with because none of them are absolutely mandatory for the deck to function.

Skills: (14 points at level 15)

* Note: pick whatever you like because these are just what I currently have on my cleric from running multiple decks --> you might consider cutting out Cleric Class Gems (which does literally nothing for this deck) if you would rather have Hale for the extra 3 health, and possibly The Righteous Path if you want to not rely entirely on Treacherous Pass to trigger Restless Fabricator's Diligence.

• The Righteous Path (2)
      • Affinity: Cleric (1)
      • Unlock: Divine Altar (1)
      • Fortitude (1)
      • Unlock: Shrine of Briggadon (1)
      • Cleric Class Gems (1) (Probably should replace with Hale if this is the only deck your human cleric would run or if your other decks don't use gems)
      • Blessed Birth (1)
      • Premonitions (1)
      • Cleanse (1)
      • Armed Against the Darkness (2)
      • Healing Aura (2)

Decklist: Impedance (60 cards)
      Race/Class: Human Cleric

Resources: (24 cards)

4x Diamond Shard

4x Sapphire Shard

4x Well of Purpose

4x Shard of Purpose

4x Diamond Ice

4x Sapphire Ice

Troops: (14 cards)

3x Radiant Physician

3x Engrossed Bibliophile
      equipped with Robes of Interest (Chest): Your Engrossed Bibliophiles have, "When you play a constant, ready this."

3x Restless Fabricator

2x Day Rider

3x Spirit of Retribution
      equipped with Spectral Ambush Boots (Feet): Your Spirits of Retribution have, "When an opposing troop attacks, if this is in your hand, you may put this into play."
      equipped with Spirit Strike Scarf (Head): Your Spirits of Retribution have, "+2 [ATTACK]."

Actions: (3 cards)

3x Benediction
      equipped with Ceremonial Hands (Gloves): Each of your cards named Benediction and Empowered Benediction have, "If you control a Cleric, put this into your hand."

Constants: (19 cards)

3x Mesmeric Chant

4x Treacherous Pass

4x Decree of Banishing
      equipped with Writer's Gloves (Gloves): Your Decrees of Banishing have, "[1-SHOT]: (6) --> Play a random troop in the void."

4x Halls of Kukatan
      equipped with Kukatan Coin (Trinket): Your Halls of Kukatan have, "Opposing troops enter play exhausted."

4x Solitary Exile
      equipped with Lonely Axe (Weapon): Your Solitary Exiles have, "At the start of your turn, you may put this into your hand."

Artifacts: n/a

Equipment:

[HEAD] Spirit Strike Scarf: Your Spirits of Retribution have, "+2 [ATTACK]."

[TRINKET] Kukatan Coin: Your Halls of Kukatan have, "Opposing troops enter play exhausted."

[CHEST] Robes of Interest: Your Engrossed Bibliophiles have, "When you play a constant, ready this."

[GLOVES] Ceremonial Hands: Each of your cards named Benediction and Empowered Benediction have, "If you control a Cleric, put this into your hand."

[FEET] Spectral Ambush Boots: Your Spirits of Retribution have, "When an opposing troop attacks, if this is in your hand, you may put this into play."

[WEAPON] Lonely Axe: Your Solitary Exiles have, "At the start of your turn, you may put this into your hand."

Mercenaries:

Spirit of the Triumvirate - At the start of the game, 3 random troops in your deck get Flight, Speed and Steadfast.

Tealwing - At the start of the game, two random constants in your deck get "Deploy - Summon a Birdeaucrat."

Jusicus Elderberry - A random card in your deck gets "When you draw this, create a copy of it and put it into your hand."

Tafford the Tireless - At the start of the game, create two Blessings and put them into your deck.

Possible Substitutions: (but not limited to, just a few ideas)

Rite of Denial --> More control aspect, especially if you run with chest equip and a mage and make a lot of copies to deny your opponent from playing cards.
      equipped with Cerulean Charged Clog (Feet): Your Rites of Denial have, "Cost -(2)."
      equipped with Runic Armor (Chest): Your Rites of Denial have, "While you control a Mage: Sacrifice this --> Interrupt target card."

Mystic Naturalist --> A mage that gives synergy to the above ( Rite of Denial) and below ( Silver Talon Mandate) and Treacherous Pass
      equipped with Bird Feeders (Gloves): Your Mystic Naturalists have, "This has +1/+1 for each Bird you control."

Silver Talon Mandate --> An army of birds and a constant that can return to your hand for more chant shenanigans

Orders from High Command --> Free clerics every turn! The chest piece is more optional, but the trinket is definitely useful if you're running this
      equipped with Politician's Garb (Chest): Your Orders from High Command instead have, "At the start of your turn, summon two random Humans that share a class with you."
      equipped with Commander's Brooch (Trinket): Your Orders from High Command have, "[DIAMOND][SAPPHIRE]: At the end of your turn, if this is in your deck or hand, this gets cost -(1)."

Rally of Kings --> Make copies of this and those Vespers will get really scary really quickly (or even your other troops, and with this being an anthem means that your Spirits of Retribution can revert all they want)

Book Smarts --> Convoluted method health gain, card draw, and eventually summon potentially powerful stuff
      equipped with Reading Glasses (Head): Your Book Smarts instead have, "Deploy - Create ten Tomes of Lore and put into your deck."

Blizzard --> combine with Halls of Kukatan to slow down decks that vomit troops to go wide

Hallowed Radiance --> If running Radiant Plate equip with Radiant Physician to get use from other colored chants

[CHEST] Radiant Plate: Your Radiant Physicians have, "When this deals damage to an opposing champion, create a random Chant and put it into your hand."

[GLOVES] Writer's Gloves: Your Decrees of Banishing have, "[1-SHOT]: (6) --> Play a random troop in the void."

Strategy:

Pretty much boils down to play constants, copy constants, win.

Note that replicate and copy are not the same things: replicate creates a new card that's an artifact version of the original without modifications whereas copy creates and identical card of the copied card with all modifications

Although Day Rider can provide you with an army of Vespers, its primary function is to give your constants invincible so that you can use Benediction to protect your troops if you can stick a Day Rider

If you have a Radiant Physician, you'll want three different constants in play as soon as possible for the card draw and life gain

If you're running the Writer's Gloves equip for Decree of Banishing, when you make copies, target the Decrees of Banishing that still have the [1-SHOT] effects on them.

Keep in mind that you can replicate/copy cards controlled by opponents as well as your own with Restless Fabricator and Engrossed Bibliophile

Mass copying of Halls of Kukatan or Treacherous Pass will make you extremely resistant to being overrun by combat damage; note that replicating Treacherous Pass doesn't give replicate counters on the original whereas copying it does copy counters on the original.
    • Preface:

This human ranger deck is a bit "Hunter" themed with pets swinging face and cards/abilities to snipe off things that get in the way of pets swinging face.

• Ranged Expertise: Leg Shot (1)
      • Ranged Expertise: Overwatch (1)
      • Ranged Expertise: Scattershot (2)
      • Eye of a Sniper (1)
      • Affinity: Rangers (1)
      • Lay of the Land (0)
      • Pet Treats (1)
      • Unlock: Bombardment (2)
      • Pet Training: Stalk (1)
      • Every Piece of the Animal (1)
      • Survival Skills (0)
      • Barrier Vines (2)
      • Affinity: Plants (1)

Decklist: Animal Farm (60 cards)
      Race/Class: Human Ranger

Resources: (24 cards)

4x Diamond Shard

4x Ruby Shard

4x Well of Conquest

4x Shard of Conquest

4x Diamond Ice

4x Ruby Ice

Troops: (30 cards)

3x Glorious Pegasus
      equipped with Rider's Glorious Chest (Chest): Your Glorious Pegasi have, "When a Valorous troop you control attacks, this gets Lifedrain this turn."

3x Protectorate Defender
      socket embedded with Major Ruby of Twinstrike: [RUBY]: This deals double damage in all zones.
      equipped with Gauntlets of the Tireless Watch (Gloves): Your Protectorate Defenders have, "[RUBY]: Deploy - This deals 2 damage to target opposing troop. [SAPPHIRE]: Deploy - Draw a card."

3x Ruby Pyromancer

3x Elite Pyromancer

2x Royal Den Mother
      equipped with Sprouting Laureat (Head): Your Royal Den Mothers have, "This has +1/+1 for each Pet you control."

2x Hero of Legend

3x Royal Falconer
      equipped with Medal of Falconry (Trinket): Your Royal Falconers have, "[EXHAUST] --> Create a Royal Falcon and put it into play."

3x Heart of Embers

3x Dream Skarn
      equipped with Arsonist's Sandals (Feet): Your Dream Skarns have, "When this deals combat damage to an opposing champion, create a random ruby action with cost (1) and put it into your hand."

3x Sniper of Gawaine

2x Houndmaster of Ardevaas

Actions: n/a

Constants: (6 cards)

4x Solitary Exile
      equipped with Lonely Axe (Weapon): Your Solitary Exiles have, "At the start of your turn, you may put this into your hand."

2x Rally of Kings

Equipements:

[HEAD] Sprouting Laureat: Your Royal Den Mothers have, "This has +1/+1 for each Pet you control."

[TRINKET] Medal of Falconry: Your Royal Falconers have, "[EXHAUST] --> Create a Royal Falcon and put it into play."

[CHEST] Rider's Glorious Chest: Your Glorious Pegasi have, "When a Valorous troop you control attacks, this gets Lifedrain this turn."

[GLOVES] Gauntlets of the Tireless Watch: Your Protectorate Defenders have, "[RUBY]: Deploy - This deals 2 damage to target opposing troop. [SAPPHIRE]: Deploy - Draw a card."

[FEET] Arsonist's Sandals: Your Dream Skarns have, "When this deals combat damage to an opposing champion, create a random ruby action with cost (1) and put it into your hand."

[WEAPON] Lonely Axe: Your Solitary Exiles have, "At the start of your turn, you may put this into your hand."

Mercenaries:

Spirit of the Triumvirate - At the start of the game, 3 random troops in your deck get Flight, Speed and Steadfast.

Thulgrund - At the start of the game, two random troops in your deck get "Deploy - Create a Valor and put it into your hand."

Shayulsia - At the start of the game, three random troops in your deck without Skyguard get Skyguard.

Jusicus Elderberry - A random card in your deck gets "When you draw this, create a copy of it and put it into your hand."

Strategy:

Deck seems pretty straightforward: overrun your opponent with bodies and buff them to oblivion.

Notes:

Solitary Exile with equipment can be used not only as removal. You can exile something you control to get another Deploy trigger next turn. Royal Falconer and Sniper of Gawaine make excellent targets especially if you have a few Ruby Pyromancers and Elite Pyromancers on the board.

Valors with Dream Skarns and Hearts of Embers on the board serve double duty as buffs and removal.

There's really no need to buff your class companion pet unless you have no other roads to take. The best use of your class companion pet is applying Marked on Deploy and from the [1-SHOT] ability. Note that the companion pet's Deploy can also apply Marked to champions.
    • Preface:

This human warrior deck is also pretty straight forward (I like humans if you couldn't tell...). Pretty squishy build, but this deck pretty much screams "warrior" in theme.

• Fury (0)
      • Berserking (2)
      • Boiling Blood (0)
      • Affinity: Warriors (1)
      • Warlord: Agility (1)
      • Warlord: Parrying (1)
      • Deep Pockets (1)
      • A Warrior's Guilt (-1)
      • Training: Combat (1)
      • Reinforcements (2)
      • Training: Tactics (1)
      • Blacksmithing (1)
      • Old War Wounds (-1)
      • War Preparation (2)
      • Warlord: Concussive Strikes (1)
      • Training: Deployment (1)
      • Enchanced Training Regimen (1)

Notes: If you don't like A Warrior's Guilt, you can cut Deep Pockets as well.

Decklist: Stick 'Em with the Pointy End (60 Cards)
      Race/Class: Human Warrior

Resources: (22 Cards)

8x Diamond Shard

6x Ruby Shard

4x Carloth Cobblestone

4x Well of Conquest

Troops: (34 cards)

3x Shield Trainer

3x Wounded Warhero

4x Ardent Recruiter
      equipped with Ardent Chestplate (Chest): Your Ardent Recruiters have, "When another Ardent troop enters play under your control, this gets +1/+1."

3x Protectorate Defender
      socket embedded with Major Ruby of Twinstrike: [RUBY]: This deals double damage in all zones.
      equipped with Gauntlets of the Tireless Watch (Gloves): Your Protectorate Defenders have, "[RUBY]: Deploy - This deals 2 damage to target opposing troop. [SAPPHIRE]: Deploy - Draw a card."

3x Arena Regular
      equipped with Gladiator Helm (Head): Your Arena Regulars have, "When you use a champion charge power, this deals 2 damage to each opposing champion."

3x Royal Herald

4x Noble Outrider
      equipped with Patrician's Sword (Weapon): Your Noble Outriders and Empowered Noble Outriders have, "When this attacks, it gets +[ATTACK] equal to this troop's [DEFENSE] this turn."

3x Spearcliff Cloud Knight

2x Hero of Legend

2x Ardent Officer

4x Chimera Guard Defender
      equipped with Outrider's Clutch (Trinket): Your Chimer Guard Defenders instead have, "Deploy - Warriors you control get 'When this attacks, it gets +[ATTACK] equal to this troop's [DEFENSE] this turn.'"

Actions: (4 cards)

4x Form Ranks
      equipped with Steel Treads (Feet): Your Form Ranks instead have, "Troops you control that share a class with you get +2/+2."

Constants: n/a

Equipments:

[HEAD] Gladiator Helm: Your Arena Regulars have, "When you use a champion charge power, this deals 2 damage to each opposing champion."

[TRINKET] Outrider's Clutch: Your Chimer Guard Defenders instead have, "Deploy - Warriors you control get 'When this attacks, it gets +[ATTACK] equal to this troop's [DEFENSE] this turn.'"

[CHEST] Ardent Chestplate: Your Ardent Recruiters have, "When another Ardent troop enters play under your control, this gets +1/+1."

[GLOVES] Gauntlets of the Tireless Watch: Your Protectorate Defenders have, "[RUBY]: Deploy - This deals 2 damage to target opposing troop. [SAPPHIRE]: Deploy - Draw a card."

[FEET] Steel Treads: Your Form Ranks instead have, "Troops you control that share a class with you get +2/+2."

[WEAPON] Patrician's Sword: Your Noble Outriders and Empowered Noble Outriders have, "When this attacks, it gets +[ATTACK] equal to this troop's [DEFENSE] this turn."

Mercenaries:

Mother Beatrice - At the start of the game, 4 random actions in your deck get Illuminate 1.

Shayulsia - At the start of the game, three random troops in your deck without Skyguard get Skyguard.

Substitutes:

If you would like a more stable resource draw, replace Hero of Legend first because they seem to do the least for the deck.

Enter the Ring is a possible replacement for Form Ranks --> 1. gives more weight to ruby thresholds 2. Escalate Gladiator is really strong on trained troops 3. Card becomes stronger in the longer encounters. However, I prefer Form Ranks because as a warrior, you don't want fights to be lasting for a long time in the first place, Form Ranks only costs 1 resource, and the boots equip for +2/+2 and Mother Beatrice giving you a body for chump blocking makes incredible value for 1 resource, and the +[DEFENSE] on your turn plays into the Chimera Guard Defender and Noble Outrider synergy. That being said and it's obviously up to your preference, the real reason why Form Ranks is in the deck is because of Mother Beatrice's party passive. If you don't have Mother Beatrice, you're probably better off replacing Form Ranks with something else such as more cheap costed warriors to increase the number of Trained troops in your deck.

Strategy:

Drop warriors, swing face, kill opponents before they kill you. Other notes...

Hitting face with Battle (champion charge power) will force your opponent to discard a card and gives all of your troops +1/+1 for a turn (which is even crazier with Chimera Guard Defender and Noble Outrider mechanics). However, Battle can also be used as removal.

Noble Outrider and Protectorate Defender doubles as removal on a body. Decks that go wide will murder you if you don't keep the board state under control. Keep in mind that each instance of combat damage is increased by 1 because of Berserking (warrior passive from skill tree).

If you already have the thresholds that you need, consider gaining a sapphire threshold with Royal Herald to potentially get a card draw off of Protectorate Defender.

Boiling Blood (from warrior skill tree) also accounts for the extra damage from Berserking (warrior passive from skill tree). Don't forget to add in the extra +1 damages when planning.
    • Class: Ranger

Talents

Tier 1

• Pet Training: Ferocity
      • Pet Training: Shared Exercise
      • Ranged Expertise: Overwatch
      Tier 2
      • Pet Treats
      • Lay of the Land
      • Eye of a Sniper
      Tier 3
      • Ranger Class Gems
      • Every Piece of the Animal
      • Barrier Vines
      Tier 4
      • 2x Survival Skills
      • Bonded for Life
      • Pet Training: Sic 'Em!
      Resources (21)
      • 2x Diamond Ice
      • 2x Sapphire Ice
      • 4x Well of Purpose
      • 4x Carloth Cobblestone
      • 4x Diamond Shard
      • 1x Ruby Shard
      • 4x Sapphire Shard

Troops (29)
      • 3x Cosmic Flashpaw
      • 3x Protectorate Defender (Major Sapphire of Clarity)
      • 4x Ardent Recruiter
      • 3x Llama Herder
      • 2x Highlands Magus
      • 3x Ardent Crusader (Ranger's Minor Orb of Knack)
      • 3x Lady Cassandra (1x Major Sapphire of Clarity / Ranger's Minor Orb of Knack; 2x Major Diamond of the Seraph / Major Diamond of Fate)
      • 2x Royal Halberdier
      • 3x Town Crier
      • 3x Brilliant Tactician

Actions (7)
      • 3x Cosmic Calling
      • 4x Consult the Talon

Artifacts (3)
      • 3x Spectral Acorn

Equipment:
      Head: Cosmic Warbonnet (Cosmic Flashpaw)
      Chest: Ardent Chestplate (Ardent Recruiter)
      Gloves: Gauntlets of the Tireless Watch (Protectorate Defender)
      Feet: Bog Walkers (Highlands Magus)
      Weapon: Royal Halberd (Royal Halberdier)
      Trinket: Ring of the Queensguard (Lady Cassandra)

Mercenaries
      • Clatterclank
      • Sekki
      • Katsuhiro
      • B.E.B.O.

Details
      I've always wondered whether Cosmic Flashpaw is a good card. For a chest PVE legendary it just seemed so... unexciting. Then one evening I was tinkering with a Ranger D/R aggro deck (you know, usual aggro stuff), and it was so bland and boring that I'd decided to try something new and finally gave Flashpaws a try, seeing how Human Ranger has advantage over other races/classes because of its ability of going wide very early via pet, vines and the Royal Lion Keeper (btw, for some reason this card isn't Ardent which is a bloody shame).

Ok, back to them Flashpaws. Shortly put, they finish games like nobody's business due to the Cosmic Warbonnet effect, which gives all your troops an automatic ability to exhaust random enemy troops on diligence. The bigger your board, the more chances you have to exhaust every single enemy troop and swing for the fences. The strategy is rather sound and quite easily achievable even in two shards, but I still wanted another win condition and an extra oomph for the deck, so I'd decided to add Brilliant Tacticians for that sweet, sweet synergy. All in all, it came together rather nicely.

Mobilize is the name of the game in this deck. Mobilize everything and everyone, bend the knees, go wide and then slam Cosmic Flashpaw and/or Brilliant Tactician to power through enemy hordes. During the course of this you nearly always have some decisions to make, be it threshold juggling or optimal resource management. And this right here is the main reason I like this deck. It just feels so... fluid. It feels like everything matters, and everything is contributing towards that victory screen.

But enough lyrics for now. Let's get to bullet points.
      • Main objective is playing Tactician into Flashpaw into swinging. It is very possible to do it early on (as early as t2 Tactician into t3 Flashpaw) with a good enough hand;
      • The curve is very low for the sake of early board presence. Running two full sets of cost reduction gems is rad;
      • Equipped Halberdiers let you chain Mobilizes using as little resources as possible;
      • Highlands Magi are purely for flavor (and for occasional spotlights with powerful inspires). They are human, they provide an early body and they have fairly powerful equipment. Cosmic Flashpaw also competes for the spot, but their equip isn't that strong in this particular build. If needed, you can switch Highlands Magi with General's Tents and then use Feet of the Flashpaw to draw your entire deck for a massive swing later on, but I find that to be a rather redundant line of play in the current PVE;
      • Lady Cassandra is your best friend, because it provides nearly everything you need in terms of thresholds; she just makes everything so much easier. You can run Royal Heralds for additional fixing (once again, replacing Highlands Magi), but so far I didn't have much trouble with thresholds;
      • Clatterclank and Katsuhiro are a standard I-Am-Going-Second package because I am really fond of t2-t3 charge power activation, and going second usually allows you to immediately use your pet to kill something on the board; you can replace Katsuhiro with something with more flavor (like Corporal Hadrian) if you want to;
      • You can easily tinker with Survival Skills to lower your health a bit for B.E.B.O.; health usually isn't a problem;
      The deck is fairly consistent with t4-t5 kills. Higher roll hands easily kill opponents on t3. I haven't yet seen a t2 kill, but it likely would require an insane hand along with Fertile Ground. I'd cleared most of usual suspects with this build, but haven't tried Mad Aradam yet.
      Joke is a very serious thing.
    • Class: The Lord of the Light Cleric

Talents

Tier 1
      • Enhance Blessing: Life Essence
      • Hale
      • Affinity: Cleric
      Tier 2
      • Aura Aspect: Good Karma
      • Healing Aura
      • Unlock: Divine Altar
      Tier 3
      • Child of the Right Hand
      • Blessed Birth
      • Diligent Study
      Tier 4
      • Armed Against the Darkness
      • Cleanse
      • Premonitions
      Resources (21)

• 2x Diamond Ice
      • 2x Ruby Ice
      • 4x Well of Conquest
      • 5x Diamond Shard
      • 8x Ruby Shard

Troops (15)
      • 3x Kindling Skarn
      • 3x Obsidian Cyclops
      • 4x Scion of Lyvaanth
      • 3x Lyvaanth
      • 3x Lumagoth

Actions (21)
      • 2x Scorch
      • 3x Light the Votives
      • 3x Guidance
      • 3x Pyre Ceremony
      • 4x Runic Candescence
      • 4x Wax Dawn
      • 2x Fire with Fire

Artifacts (3)
      • 3x Spectral Acorn

Equipment:
      Head: Wax Doffed Cap (Wax Dawn)
      Chest: Cyclops Spiked Shoulders (Obsidian Cyclops)
      Gloves: Kindling Gauntlets (Kindling Skarn)
      Feet: Waxed Wingtips (Lyvaanth)
      Weapon: Conservatory Candle Stick (Lumagoth)
      Trinket:

Mercenaries:
      • Scion of Uruunaz
      • Sekki
      • Mother Beatrice
      • Tafford the Tireless

Details

You know that it would be untrue
      You know that I would be a liar
      If I was to say to you
      Girl, we couldn't get much higher

Come on baby, light my fire
      Come on baby, light my fire
      Try to set the night on fire
      Try to set the night on fire
      (The Doors, "Light My Fire")

And that's basically it.

Well, maybe not entirely.

Ok, ok, you've got me, there is more to this deck than catchy lyrics. Still, there's some truth to what Morrison was singing in regards to this particular build: if anything, getting higher is what this deck is good at. Like, much much higher.

First of all, why Cleric? One, it's flavorful. As a Cleric, it is your duty to bring down the wrath of the light onto your enemies. Two, it's very pragmatical, because there's nothing like going off with a Scion of Lyvaanth by chaining blessings one into another. This synergy adds on its own adds a viable win condition to your arsenal of win conditions - something that other classes won't have.

Speaking of win conditions: basically any troop in this deck on its won can win you a match provided that you have something to support it, be it multi-casting with Scion, and/or wide board for Lumagoth or Cyclops. The only win condition working from an empty board is Lyvaanth who usually wins on his own, but he isn't too fast all by himself. Kindling Skarns are mostly for their utility: they are 1-drops, their Gloves equipment is great, and occasionally they can even grow into a somewhat of a threat.

The premise is simple: you go wide -> you go tall -> you swing for lethal. Usually with alpha strike. Usually overkilling by A LOT. Theoretically, Candlekin decks can be all about proper math and surgical killing of your opponent, but ain't nobody got patience for that. In reality, you go wide until you have clearly too many Candlekin, and then just win with whatever enabler is in your hand.

Tidbits:
      • I am running Scorch over Flamelick mostly because I don't like Flamelick in this deck (it feels too clunky), and Scorch not only synergizes with Sekki, but also allows for early defense against some x/1 troops in dungeons;
      • Scion of Uruunaz is hardly a common mercenary, but he's awesome in this build. Lyvaanth on t4 (t2 with Pyre Ceremony onto some poor soul) and lifedrain is great;
      • If you don't have any of the suggested mercenaries, consider Khafra as a replacement. His resource reduction buff is random and sometimes can hit only one target, but having 2-cost Scions of Lyvaanth provides great tempo boost (Scions are the only viable targets for the buff);
      • Don't be too hasty with your Blessings/Acorns if you can use them to go off later in the match to buff Skarns or utilize Scion of Lyvaanth;
      • Blessings of Immortals are nice, but you don't have much support for them, so benefits are rather rare. I can see switching Hale and CotRH/Life Essence with BoI if you are up for it;
      • Fire With Fire is for copying Lumagoth and Cyclops. It's a nice interaction when it works, and a dead card when it doesn't. Usually it is not much of a problem, but you can use this slot for something else if you want to (like Kiss of the Princess, the card is legit nice).
      The deck is rather consistent, but it requires a few turns to go off, so its speed is hampered. I am usually winning on t5 +/-1 with occasional t3 wins.
    • Let me introduce you to Bishop Brennan, the meanest of all clerics.
      It's a mono diamond cleric deck with a very strong human cleric theme.

Class: cleric

Talents:
      • Enhance Blessing: Life essence
      • Hale
      • The Righteous Path
      • Healing Aura
      • Fortitude
      • Blessed Birth
      • Unlock: Shrine of Briggadon
      • Premonitions
      Decklist:

Resources x 22:
      • Diamond Shard x 14
      • Diamond Ice x 4
      • Mentor's Keepsake x 4
      Troops x 20:

• Adamanthian Scrivener x 3
      • Righteous Paladdin x 4
      • Pious Paladdin x 4
      • Ethereal Healer x 4
      • Devout Crusader x 3
      • Righteous Vanquisher x 2
      Actions x 6:

• Guidance x 3
      • Inner conflict x 3
      Constants x 3:

• Holy Ascension x 3
      Artefacts x 9:

• Spectral Acorn x 3
      • Cerebral Jackhat x 3
      • Deployment Order x 3
      Equipment:

• Head: Ascended Crown (Holy Ascension)
      • Trinket: Sigil of Grace (Righteous Paladdin)
      • Chest: Chest of Electrical Force (Cerebral Jackhat)
      • Gloves: Pious Plate Gauntlets (Devout Crusader)
      • Feet: Ethereal Coated Boots (Ethereal Healer)
      • Weapon: Sceptre of Nightmares (Inner Conflict)
      Mercenaries:

• Tafford the Tireless (+2 blessings)
      • Aethynia (at the start of the game, gain 1 health for each troop in your hand)
      • Count Davian (at the start of the game, gain 1 health for each troop in opposing hands)
      • Sekki (if you have a blessing or spectral acorn in opening hand, draw a card)
      Details:

This is the old school human cleric based on life gain and making your righteous paladins huge, with one difference: Devout Crusader is now the star! Not only does it get much bigger than Righteous Paladin, but the boons it gets can make him go through defences, thanks to flight and crush.

The victory conditions are:
      - Kill your opponents with huge paladins OR
      - Transform into a paragon of righteousness and press for damage each turn

There is also a substitution that leads to another victory condition: Replace Ethereal Healers with Eternal Youth + equip (and another Righteous Vanquisher) and play Eternal Youth when you reach 200 health. I personally prefer keeping the ethereal healers, super useful against agro decks when it just pops out of nowhere.

Other key cards:
      - Mentor Keepsake, a very good card in mono color decks, you can get your devout crusader out on turn 3.
      - Inner conflict + Equip not only renders a troop useless, it also can make it destroy other troops if you're lucky enough.
      - Cerebral Jackhat + equip goes well in this deck because you can discard either your holy ascensions if you have more than one in hand, or your ethereal healers which can come back to play from the grave.
      - Divine Altar: If you get it out early, nothing can stop you.

It is not the fastest of decks, it's a cleric after all, but except for Mad Aradam (which is possible but rare and needs a perfect opening hand), it can beat any other deck consistently.
    • Humans was my first race i picked up in the campaing and i think cleric was the best choice for me.
      i mean, i played human priestress in wow for many many years, so i hadnt really another option to choose i think:D

Class: Cleric

Talents:
      • Enhance Blessing: Life Essence
      • Enhance Blessing: Empowered
      • Hale
      • Healing Aura
      • Blessed Birth
      • Cleric Class Gems
      • Affinity Cleric
      • The Righteous Path
      Decklist:

Resources:
      • 23x Diamon Shards
      Troops:

• 2x Glorious Pegasus
      • 3x Adamanthian Scrivener
      • 4x Ardent Recruiter
      • 4x Righteous Paladin
      • 3x Radiant Physician
      • 1x Daugther of the Poet
      • 3x Mesa Totemist
      • 3x Devout Crusader
      • 2x Righteous Vanquisher
      Actions:

• 3x Totem Trap
      Constants:

• 1x Incatation of Rightenousness
      • 2x Soul Marble
      • 1x Battle Chant
      • 1x Decree of Banishing
      • 1x Solitary Exile
      • 1x Rally of Kings
      • 1x Holy Ascension
      • 1x Frostlock
      Artifacts:

• -none-
      Equipment:

• Rider's Glorious Headpiece for Glorious Pegasus
      • Sigil of Grace for Righteous Paladin
      • Ardent Chestplate for Ardent Recruiter
      • Marble Cutting Handguards for Soul Marble
      • feet - none
      • Totem Crush Maul for Mesa Totemist
      Mercenaries:

• Khafra
      • Tealwing
      • Mother Beatrice
      • Sir Tafford

Details: This Deck uses the standard Cleric Strategy: Play troops with lifegain, gain health and get value out of this!
      For this you have 2 sorts of paladins that buff themselfs with every single point of lifegain and the pegasus that gives you many many valors if unchecked. And the Mesa Totemist that buffs even your Scriveners to X/1 Monsters :D
      Nearly every troop you play have lifegain and even the ressources gives you 1 health when playing. Not to mention the blessings!

With so much lifegain and steadfast for your troops you have no problems with aggro enemies, just take the damage and gain the life back next turn with attacking, buffing your troops until they are bigger than the enemie ones.

Some tools for evasion (Daughter of the Poet, Pegasus + equip, shrine of briggadon and devout crusader buffs) helps to finish games with gummed boards.

The Rest of the deck ist built around the radiant physician for some card draw, thats the reason we play nearly all constants only as one-offs.
      some buff your troops, some remove strong cards from the oppenents board. and you only need 2 of them plus your starting constant from the talents (healing aura) for drawing cards with your physician :)

The Mercs helps you by reducing mana costs or gives you some chumpblockers for free.
      the extra blessings from tafford are helping to get some blessings in the starting hand fro drawing more cards before the game begins!

I like the deck, you can easily farm kukatan and GMG with this deck consistently and often relativly fast for a cleric :)
      Dinglers are the best race on Entrath!
    • Class: Warrior

Talents

Tier 1:
      • Affinity: Warriors
      • Warlord: Agility
      • Training: Combat
      Tier 2:
      • Warlord: Parrying
      • Unlock: Warlord War Machine
      • Warlord: Concussive Strikes
      • Reinforcements
      • Training: Deployment
      Tier 3:
      • War Preparations
      • Training: Tactics
      • Enhanced Training Regimen
      Tier 4:
      • Blacksmithing

Resources (21)
      • 4x Well of Purpose
      • 4x Carloth Cobblestone
      • 9x Diamond Shard
      • 4x Sapphire Shard

Troops (35)
      • 4x Queensguard
      • 3x Her Majesty, Queen Grace
      • 3x Protectorate Defender (Major Sapphire of Clarity)
      • 4x Warparty Guide
      • 4x Ardent Recruiter
      • 2x Royal Herald
      • 1x Princess Victoria
      • 3x Noble Outrider
      • 3x Ardent Crusader (Minor Diamond of Fate)
      • 2x Scion of Lyvaanth
      • 3x Lady Cassandra (Major Diamond of the Seraph / Minor Ruby of the Arena)
      • 3x Town Crier

Actions (4)
      • 4x Heroic Echo

Equipment:
      Head: Guiding Headcover (Warparty Guide)
      Chest: Ardent Chestplate (Ardent Recruiter)
      Gloves: Gauntlets of the Tireless Watch (Protectorate Defender)
      Feet: Ballroom Slippers (Her Majesty, Queen Grace)
      Weapon: Patrician's Sword (Noble Outrider)
      Trinket: Ring of the Queensguard (Lady Cassandra)

Mercenaries:
      • Gax, the Sly Roller
      • Khafra
      • Nogg Nogg
      • Mother Beatrice

Details
      This deck is fairly simple. The only thing that requires attention are thresholds to activate Queensguards. You really want to get D/R/S before anything else. Other than that, the strategy is to flood the board with growing troops and then swing towards victory.
      Most of the deck components are pretty self-explanatory, so I'll just give a bit info on outliers:
      • Scions of Lyvaanths are alternate win condition for situations when there's an opportunity to go really wide; they also provide chump blockers while we are advancing on the board;
      • Heroic Echoes copy troops along with their buffs, so if you cast on a buffed Recruiter, you'll get a buffed Recruiter in your hand;
      • Don't waste Echoes on something other than Recruiters/Queensguard/occasional Protector (in that order);
      • Queen Grace makes Noble Outriders an easy empowered cast;
      • Don't hoard the charges. You'll have plenty. In fact, in one of the builds I was seriously considering dropping the talent with battle cost reduction;
      • I mostly didn't take upper tier talents, because you can't get to them efficiently enough without dropping a lot of useful tricks or taking Old War Wound and such (a single Old War Wound on turn 2 or 3 makes the deck much, much slower, so I didn't bother with going there at all);
      The deck is very consistent and can be outright explosive when discounts hit the right troops.
    • Paladins and Pegasus - a Human Cleric deck

Tier 1
      Enhance Blessing: Life Essence
      Blessing of the Immortals
      Hale
      The Righteous Path
      Tier 2
      Enhance Blessing: Empowerment
      Aura Aspect: Good Karma
      Healing Aura
      Tier 3
      Discipline of the Mind
      Blessed Birth
      Tier 4
      Premonitions

Resources: (20 cards)
      4x Diamond Shard
      5x Sapphire Shard
      4x Wakuna Coins
      3x Shard of Purpose
      4x Well of Purpose

Troops: (21 cards)
      3x Thunderfield Seer
      4x Glorious Pegasus
      3x Daughter of the Poet
      4x Righteous Paladin
      3x Hero of Legend
      3x Lady Devonshire
      1x Archmage Wrenlock

Actions: (13 cards)
      3x Mindcall
      3x Arcane Focus
      3x Guidance
      4x Lanupaw's Sight

Artifacts: (6 cards)
      3x Spectral Acorn
      3x Triolith

Equipment:

Head for Glorious Pegasus: deploy - random ardent troop in hand gets flight.
      Chest for Glorious Pegasus: when a valorous troop you control attacks, this gains lifedrain.
      Trinket for Righteous Paladin: gain health equal to damage dealt to it.
      Gloves for Archmage Wrenlock: deploy - action from your crypt into hand.
      Weapon for Forgotten Tiolith: discard 3 to put directly into play.
      Feet for Lady Devonshire: at start of turn add a random action to your hand.

Mercenaries:
      Katsuhiro - extra charge on draw
      Mother Beatrice - 4 actions in deck get Illuminate 1.
      Tafford - 2 extra blessings
      Clatterclank - extra charge via blessed birth.

Strategy:

This deck wins on giant creatures enhanced by either your valors or blessings.

Until then, you gain life and grow your creatures faster and faster each turn, throwing out blessings and growing lifedrainers the whole time.

Early charges / blessings are important for the mid to late game strategy, hence the Merc picks.

Lady Dev (extra good with valors and blessings) puts you in overdrive.

The Triolith jumpstarts the whole process, accelerating like mad while also filling your crypt.

Overall, the deck gains health and provides early, fairly meaty troops so fast that it is quite resilient. It's not *fast* per se, but then again, cleric decks usually aren't fast... just very very reliable. Mad Aradam is the hardest matchup by far, but can be beat by adding a little fluff (Gust Mages, Defiant Totemists, Transmogrifades, etc.).

The post was edited 1 time, last by faceremover: Had the wrong Shard and Wells - fixed now. ().

• When Mages Attack - a Human Mage deck

Tier 1
      Unlock: Spell Sprites
      Spry
      Affinity: Mages
      Tier 2
      Learn Spell: Teleknesis
      Learning
      Open Mind
      Worldly Knowledge
      Secret Knowledge
      Self Knowledge
      Tier 3
      Learn Spell: Chaos Missle
      SP x2

Resources: (21 cards)
      8x Ruby Shard
      3x Sapphire Shard
      4x Scrios Coins
      1x Ayotochi Coins
      1x Shard of Innovation
      4x Well of Innovation

Troops: (28 cards)
      3x Thunderfield Seer
      3x Stalagmage
      3x Highlands Magus
      3x Ashwood Minstrel
      3x Exalted Professor (+1 off action)
      1x Lord Bernard (+1 off action)
      3x Runeweb Weaver
      3x Voice of the Ashwood
      3x Matriarch of Flames
      3x Nagaan Lapidary (double damage)

Actions: (7 cards)
      3x Crushing Blow
      4x Conceal

Constants: (1 cards)
      1x Forgotten Forge

Artifacts: (3 cards)
      3x Spectral Acorn

Equipment:

Head for Matriarch of Flames: When a mage attacks create a random ruby action.
      Chest for Stalagmage: mages that come later get Diligence - deal 2 to enemy champion.
      Trinket for Exalted Professor: produced actions get cost -1 when you play a mage.
      Gloves for Runeweb Weaver: other mages have flight
      Weapon for Ashwood Minstrel: revert when this deals combat damage.
      Feet for Highlands Magus: cost -1.

Mercenaries:
      Spirit of the Triumvirate - 3x flight *and* speed, heck yeah!
      Hoo'vis O'Shearskin - even more speed (2x on troops that don't already have it)
      Ashahsa - even more flight (2x on troops that don't already have it)
      Clatterclank - extra charge from sprites

Strategy:

This deck puts pressure on quickly with lots of little threads each hopefully Stalagmage'ing and coming in for early damage.

Flight and speed from mercs along with Crushing Blow help keep the team attacking consistently.

The deck then wins either by:
      - using Conceal / Runeweb Weaver for all those little threats to evade in for the last bit of damage OR
      - off card advantage from Exalted Professor / Matriarch... perhaps followed by a big Lapidary hit.

The rest of the deck is designed to support those strategies... through mana acceleration, like from Ashwood Minstrel or his big brother Voice of Ashwood or card drawing from the likes of Thunderfield Seer or Sir Bernard.

Using your spellpoints wisely is important here because you have lots of tools available to you. If you need to smooth out your draws, do it, but starting with an 8 card hand should help. Otherwise, stash up points for a final assault, bouncing the big blockers and missle'ing down the rest.

Alternatively, spec'ing talents for the Magic Barrier (in place of the extra card) is a great way to ensure you make it to the long game... at which point a Lazgar's Vengeance provides a excellent counter to swarms or really any deck trying to slow you down.

The post was edited 1 time, last by faceremover: Added a bit on Lazgar's Vengeance to the strategy section. ().

• Class: Mage

Talents:

• Openmind (2)
      • Knowledge is Power (2)
      • Wordly Knowledge (1)
      • Secret Knowledge (2)
      • Affinity: Mages
      • Self knowledge (2)
      • SP buff
      • SP boon
      • Mage Class Gems (1)
      • Guardian Golem (2)
      • Golem Graft (1)

Decklist:

Resources:

• 8x Sapphire shard
      • 6x Diamond Shard
      • 1x Mentor’s Keepsake
      • 2x Scrios Coins
      • 1x Well of Purpose
      • 2x Diamond Ice
      • 2x Sapphire Ice

Troops:

• 2x Gust Mage
      • 1x Cerulean Sage
      • 1x Lord Benjamin, the wise
      • 2x Exalted Proffessor
      • 2x Hoarfrost Magus
      • 2x Cerulean Mentalist
      • 2x Prestidigitator
      • 1x Wrenlock’s Appretice
      • 3x Wizard of the Silver Talon
      • 2x Mystic Naturalist
      • 3x Spirit of Retribution
      • 2x Captain’s Parrot

Actions:

• 3x Heroic Echo
      • 1x Totem Trap
      • 2x Mindcall
      • 3x Bring to Justice
      • 1x Parallel Realities
      • 2x Consult the Talon

Constants:

• 2x Hilltop Monastery
      • 1x Illusory Form
      • 1x Orders From High Command

Artifacts: NONE

Equipment:

• Eyes of Infinite Outcomes (Head)
      • Commander’s Brooch (Trinket)
      • Heroes Armor (Chest)
      • Owlmaster’s Glove (Gloves)
      • Spectral Ambush Boots (Feet)
      • Staff of Ice (Weapon)

Mercenaries:

• Tealwig
      • Clatterclank
      • Elder Mistsong
      • Jusicus Elderberry

Details: I’ve build this deck with the cards I own. So it’s probably not the best possible deck or the optimal one. It’s just the first deck I made in Hex and my love for mages and control decks flows through the deck. The idea is simple. With all the actions you get from Valors you’ll be able to use your abilities as a mage more frequent and aggressive. Floatin the board with wizard and especially Wizard of the Silver Talon will be your wincondition most of the time. Hoarfrost Magus reverts your golem and Captain’s Parrot. There are probably better mercs aswell, but just like the cards these are the ones I own and it works. I hope you enjoy the deck most of all, and thanks for reading this.

Khaelen/Maelthiir
    • Decklist: Sockets abound
      Race/Class: Human Ranger

Telents:
      Pet Training: Ferocity (2)
      Ranged Expertise: Leg Shot (1)
      Ranged Expertise: Overwatch (1)
      Ranged Expertise: Scattershot (2)
      Eye of a Sniper (1)
      Pet Treats (1)
      Lay of the Land (0)
      Pet Treats (1)
      Ranger Class Gems (1)
      Every Piece of the Animal (1)
      Bonded for Life (2)
      Pet Training: Sic' Em! (2)
      2x Survival Skills

Resources: (25 cards)
      2x Diamond Shard
      2x Ruby Shard
      2x Sapphire Shard
      1x Well of Life
      1x Well of Retribution
      4x Well of Conquest
      4x Well of Progress
      4x Well of Innovation
      4x Wakuna Coins

Troops: (28 cards)

3x Sentry of Nulzann
      3x Emsee, Etcher of Nulzann (major ranger +3/+3)
      3x Protectorate Defender (major red double damage)
      1x Blamsmith (minor red swiftstrike)
      3x Nagaan Lapidary (major white flight & swiftstrike)
      4x Spirit Bound Vicar (minor white +0/+2)
      1x Grimskull Tactician (minor red gladiator)
      3x Dark Heart of Nulzann (minor ranger -1 cost, Major blue -1 cost)
      3x Animus of Nulzann (major 1x blue -1 cost, 2x red charges equal to power )
      3x Forgotten Monarch (minor red gladiator, major white -2 cost when drawn)
      1x Mad Robomancer (minor ranger -1 cost, major blue action)

Actions: (3 cards)
      3x Crackling Tide

Artifacts: (4 cards)
      3x Spectral Acorn
      1x Altar of Nulzann

Equipements:
      [HEAD] System of Nulzann: Your Animus of Nulzann have "Deathcry - Create a random socketable card you meet the thresholds to play and put it into your hand".
      [TRINKET] Fragment of Memory: Your Forgotten Ancients have "Your socketed troops have +1/+1".
      [CHEST] Bulwark of the Impenetrable: Your Protectorate Defenders instead have, "Deathcry - up to one target other troop you control gets all socketed powers of this, then put this in your deck."
      [FEET] Tidal Boots: Your Crackling Tides have cost -1.
      [WEAPON] Nulzann's Malicious Injector: Your Sentries of Nulzann have, "[EXHAUST] --> A random socketed card in your hand get cost -1."

Mercenaries:

Clatterclank - At the start of the game, if you have more cards in your deck than each opponent, gain a charge.
      Katsuhiro - At the start of the game, if you lost the flip, gain a charge.
      Xarhax - At the start of the game, gain a random threshold.

Strategy:

This deck takes advantage of the bonkers-good Ranger gems together with it's marks-for-everyone Hound pet.

In addition to the standard suite of Attack and +charges mercs, Xarhas's initial threshold allows for the suite of Wells rather than slow resources to keep the 3-color-splash-2 mana base on track.

Otherwise, the deck focuses on it's many game-ending bombs like Emsee, Protectorate Defender (with equip), Dark Heart (for 3), or the Animus... getting them out reliably and fast.

The ranged and pet talents augment the whole strategy with disruption and continuous pressure.
    • Hello dear Hexers,

Class: Warrior

Talents:
      • Fury
      • Berserking
      • Boiling Blood
      • Affinity:Warriors
      • Warlord:Agility
      • Warlord:Parrying
      • Warlord:Strength
      • Warlord:Concussive Strikes
      • Weight
      • Training:Combat
      • Reinforcements
      • Training:Deployment
      • Training:Tactics
      • Enchanced Training Regiment
      • Blacksmithing
      • Old War Wound
      Decklist:
      Resources:
      [*]Diamond Shard x 5
      [*]Ruby Shard x 5
      [*]Mentor's Keepsake x 4
      [*]Permafrost x 3
      [*]Well of Conquest x 4
      [/list]Troops

• Ardent Recruiter x 4
      • Spirit of Retribution x 3
      • Shield Trainer x 3
      • Ardent Officer x 4
      • Arena Regular x 3
      • Wartorn General x 3
      Constants:

• Arcane Alacrity x 3
      • Might makes Right x2
      Actions:

• Burn x 3
      • Crackling Boon x 3
      • Guidance x 3
      • Pyre Ceremony x 3 (may switch with Crackling Bolt or Magma
      • Zap x 3
      Artifacts:
      • Entrath Settlers x 2 (this is optional, may switch with Might Makes Right)*
        *the switch can be made to avoid shardscrew and to exploit Carloth Grain for health and the mighty Wrathwood Lumber for it's 3 charges
      Equipment:
      • Spirit Strike Scarf > Head > Spirit of Retribution
      • Ring of the White Tower > Trinket > Shield Trainer
      • Ardent Chestplate > Chest > Ardent Recruiter
      • Conflagration Handguards > Hands > Burn
      • Spectral Ambush Boots > Feet > Spirit of Retribution
      • Officer's Axe > Weapon > Ardent Officer
      Mercenaries:
      • Spirit of Triumvirate
      • Clatterclank
      • Katsuhiro
      • Khafra OR Nogg Nogg
      Details:

The strategy. We begin our game with our charge power ready to use and even though we always play second we hit the opponent with 4 damage to the face and he discards a card. From that point the game is simple. We can use Ardent Recruiter to play more troops and make him bigger, Arena Regular to deal damage to the opponent for every resource or troop we play, plus with Arcane Alacrity our actions also deal extra damage. If you noticed some of our actions grant us a charge so there is extra damage again, plus Crackling Boon can give us some saving lifepoints. Wartorn General helps us grow our troops and himself, spend any remaining resource points and grant us actions to paly along our Arcane Alacrity. Ardent Officer also buffs greatly our troops until our next turn. On the defence (and offence) Spirit of Retribution helps us deal with attackers and heals us up. Shield Trainer is there to boost defence and occasionally protect a troop of ours against harm. Of course every troop is a warrior, so the charges do not stop coming. Pyre Ceremony and Might Makes Right help our game to explode, but sometimes I replace them as mentioned above for the sake of fun. Guidance is there to help us avoid any unnecessary Kismet's tricks on our shards. Blacksmithing talent is very useful here, as we can play a Burn or a Shield Trainer or an Ardent Officer from the top of our deck, something that may often help to achieve victory. Forgot to mention the Mentor's Keepsake resource which helps us speed things up, and Permafrost just in case Kismet is persistent. :P That's all from me. I hope you enjoy playing :)
      The Wardens of Entrath is a large, open to public community of Hex enthusiasts with a mission to help and support Hex players and content creators alike!

Find us on our Discord server or website!
    • Class: Cleric

Talents:
      • The Righteous Path
      • Hale
      • Fortitude
      • Aura Aspect: Animation
      • Healing Aura
      • Blessed Birth
      • Premonitions
      Decklist:

Resources:
      23 Total
      • 4 Diamond Ice
      • 1 Sapphire Ice
      • 10 Diamond Shards
      • 8 Sapphire Shards
      Troops:
      22 Total
      • 3 Adamanthian Scriveners
      • 3 Engrossed Bibliophiles
      • 3 Initiate of Wax
      • 4 Righteous Paladin
      • 3 Chimera Guard Officer
      • 3 Sister Cynthia (Weapon)
      • 3 Devout Crusader (Gloves)
      Actions:
      3 Total
      • 3 Cosmic Calling
      Constants:
      9 total
      • 3 Orders from High Command (Trinket/Armor)
      • 3 Daybreak (Boots)
      • 3 Book Smarts (Helm)
      Artifacts:
      3 total
      • 3 Spectral Acorn
      Equipment:

• Reading Glasses (Book Smarts makes 10 Tomes of lore on deploy instead)
      • Commander's Brooch (Diamond/Sapphire threshold: Orders from High Command gets cost -1 at end of turn in hand or deck)
      • Politician's Garb (Orders from High Comand summons 2 humans that share a class with you instead of 1)
      • Pious Plate Gauntlets (Devout Crusader instead gets +1/+1 for each cleric you have and a random boon each time you gain health)
      • Treads of the Advent Dawn (Daybreaks give 2 health instead)
      • Dauntless Staff (Sister Cynthia gets +1/+1 for each human you control)
      Mercenaries:

• Mayor Galway (Random troop in your starting hand gets a deathcry that makes a constant that does 1 damage to enemy champ at start of your turns)
      • Sister of the Herd (3 Random resources in your deck give 2 health when played)
      • Tafford the Tireless (2 Extra Blessings in your deck at start of match)
      • Tealwing (Two of your constants summon a Birdeaucrat when played)

Details: This deck can flood the board with constants or clerics fairly easily. Cleric is fairly resilient naturally and a lot of the cards in here make things even easier. Going wide is easy and a number of cards here make you big at the same time. Digging for an Orders or Bibliophile may be the main focus of the deck, but they aren't absolutely needed to get the game won. Copy the Birdeaucrat constants when you get a chance. Have considered putting in Heroic Echo to double up on choice clerics (Engrossed Bibliophile or Devout Crusader mainly) but haven't gotten around to testing it out yet. If you manage to dig Shrine to Briggadon those large troops (Devout Crusader, Righteous Paladin and Sister Cynthia) become monsters that crush (literally) opposing armies!

Good luck and happy hunting!
    • As the deadline has now passed, here are the following decks that have been submitted (that I think meet the requirements at first glance with some leeway - let me know if I've missed something or made an error):

Clerics:
      Mages:
      Warriors:
      Rangers:
      (So many Clerics, heh)

~~~

Please do not edit your submitted decks as deadline has passed. Feel free to post your thoughts of the decks above and rate them.

Thanks to everyone who participated and the Vennen Bounty has started as well!
      HEX Support | HEX CoC | HEX T&C

Twitch | Steam | HEX Furs Telegram | Sterling Starwatcher