Winner is the Judge, Aug 28th through Sep 4th

    • Winner is the Judge, Aug 28th through Sep 4th

      The Rules:
      Design a card (or possibly multiple cards) that meets the design constraint described below. The one that I like the best is the winner. You may submit multiple entries, but please be considerate of your fellow players and don't go too overboard. In the case of multiple entries, you will still receive one prize at most.



      In addition to any listed prizes, the winner then creates a thread for the next round, creates a new design constraint, and the game continues.



      Design Constraint:
      Design a ressource card or cycle, which you think could be added to the game.

      We had some very cool different ressources in Hex already, from Crackling Vortex through Primal Prism, Wells and Racial Shards to now Coins and Ice. Therefore I want to see your Ideas on new thinhs that are possible with Hex great Ressource system.

      Rating Criterias:
      The cards will be rated on the following criterias:
      - Balance (Is the card too strong or to weak; I want see cards that are neither, so no Bonus effect without a drawback.)
      - Simplicity (How much text is nessecary for the card; I personally like cards, which don't require a lot of text but still do something unique and could force difficult choices (for this contest propably mostly in deckbuilding.))
      - Personal Preference (Finally I will decide mostly by what effects I like most,the above should get you an Idea what that is though.) (I only added this point so I had three.)

      Rewards:
      First place will recieve a crackling Vortex and a Starsphere.

      Second place will get a Kismet's Curio and an Emperor's Shrine.

      Third place will recieve a complete playset of coins.



      Deadline:
      The contest ends on September 4th, propably at an early time of the day (atleast for america, since I'm fro europe, I'll make a post in this thread when the deadlines over so I suggest being finished on Sep 3rd). I'll then announce the winner and deliver all prizes soon after.




      Have fun and good luck!!!

      The post was edited 1 time, last by nqumyf: Prizes are added ().

    • Awakener's Shard
      Rare Resource
      Gain < 0 / 1 > and a charge.
      [DIAMOND] : You may void a troop from an opponent's crypt and gain its thresholds.

      Shard of Possibility
      Rare Resource
      [SAPPHIRE] : While this is in your hand, put a power counter on it when you draw a card and revert it when you play another resource.
      Gain < X / 1 > , where X is the number of power counters on this.

      Shard of Desperation
      Rare Resource
      Gain < 0 / 1 > .
      [BLOOD] : Fully replenish your temporary resources and pay 1 life for each resource replenished.

      Lightning Shard
      QUICK Rare Resource
      [RUBY] : Gain < 2 / 0 > and a charge.

      Gargantuan Shard
      Rare Resource
      Gain < 0 / 1 > and a charge.
      [WILD] : Reveal a random troop from your deck. If it has 4 or more [ATTACK] , gain <0 / 1>.

      The post was edited 4 times, last by GeneralVeers ().

    • Since we're gonna deal some more sets with arena's lore I came up with this cycle.

      Gladiator Stone
      Uncommon
      Gain [RUBY] or [WILD]
      0/1
      If you control a troop with Gladiator, target troop you control gets Gladiator 1.

      Wax Stone
      Uncommon
      Gain [DIAMOND] or [RUBY]
      0/1
      If you control a troop with Illuminate or a Candlekin , Illuminate 1

      Chaos Stone
      Uncommon
      Gain [BLOOD] or [SAPPHIRE]
      0/1
      If you control a troop with a bury effect, you may bury the top two cards of target opposing champion's deck.

      Transformation Stone
      Uncommon
      Gain [SAPPHIRE] or [WILD]
      0/1
      If you control a troop with a transformation effect, you may transform target troop you control into a random troop with cost +1.

      Blight Stone
      Uncommon
      Gain [BLOOD] or [WILD]
      0/1
      If you control a troop with a Deathcry, you may trigger the Deathcry of target troop you control.
      The Wardens of Entrath is a large, open to public community of Hex enthusiasts with a mission to help and support Hex players and content creators alike!

      Find us on our Discord server or website!
    • Draining Shard
      Rare resource
      Gain 0/1
      If you have not yet played a card this turn and have at least 2 temporary resources available, lose 2 temporary resources and gain 0/1.
      This warped fragment absorbed light, yet those who survived its effects were always the greater for their trials.


      Splintered Sapphire Shard
      Rare resource
      Gain 0/1. Gain [SAPPHIRE]
      [BASIC] While this is in your hand, (3) [SAPPHIRE] [SAPPHIRE] - Void 3 Splintered Sapphire Shards from your hand. Gain 1/1. Draw a card. Put 3 cards in play into their owner's hands.
      The power released when the splintered shard was reunited warped time itself, reversing its flow for all around.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

      Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • Ruby Pact
      Resource

      Gain < 1 / 1 >. Gain [RUBY] [RUBY] [RUBY] . Gain a charge.
      You get "At the start of your turn, lose [RUBY] ."



      Pact Shards - These shards help get multiple thresholds of a single shard early in the game, but at a significant cost for the late game. Each Pact shard gives an ability that will slowly drain your thresholds of that shard if the game goes too long. Playing one of these early and then getting stalled can mean that top-decks are uncastable because you lost all your thresholds.

      I have these flavored as you are making some sort of bargain for power, like a contract with a devil.
    • Eraia wrote:

      Draining Shard
      Rare resource
      Gain 0/1
      If you have not yet played a card this turn and have at least 2 temporary resources available, lose 2 temporary resources and gain 0/1.
      This warped fragment absorbed light, yet those who survived its effects were always the greater for their trials.


      Splintered Sapphire Shard
      Rare resource
      Gain 0/1. Gain [SAPPHIRE]
      [BASIC] While this is in your hand, (3) [SAPPHIRE] [SAPPHIRE] - Void 3 Splintered Sapphire Shards from your hand. Gain 1/1. Draw a card. Put 3 cards in play into their owner's hands.
      The power released when the splintered shard was reunited warped time itself, reversing its flow for all around.
      I love the flavour text. :thumbsup:
      The Wardens of Entrath is a large, open to public community of Hex enthusiasts with a mission to help and support Hex players and content creators alike!

      Find us on our Discord server or website!
    • Ok, Times up.
      It were few enough to make a statement to all of them so prepare for a wall of quotes:

      GeneralVeers wrote:

      Awakener's Shard
      Rare Resource
      Gain < 0 / 1 > and a charge.
      [DIAMOND] : You may void a troop from an opponent's crypt and gain its thresholds.

      Shard of Possibility
      Rare Resource
      [SAPPHIRE] : While this is in your hand, put a power counter on it when you draw a card and revert it when you play another resource.
      Gain < X / 1 > , where X is the number of power counters on this.

      Shard of Desperation
      Rare Resource
      Gain < 0 / 1 > .
      [BLOOD] : Fully replenish your temporary resources and pay 1 life for each resource replenished.

      Lightning Shard
      QUICK Rare Resource
      [RUBY] : Gain < 2 / 0 > and a charge.

      Gargantuan Shard
      Rare Resource
      Gain < 0 / 1 > and a charge.
      [WILD] : Reveal a random troop from your deck. If it has 4 or more [ATTACK] , gain <0 / 1>.
      I really like the Idea of these slow shards, which give you a shard-dependant bonus when you play them instead of a threshold.
      Some very cool and unique effects which fit the colors they're in, while forcing you to pay some good deckbuilding price.


      AxelDWater wrote:

      Since we're gonna deal some more sets with arena's lore I came up with this cycle.

      Gladiator Stone
      Uncommon
      Gain [RUBY] or [WILD]
      0/1
      If you control a troop with Gladiator, target troop you control gets Gladiator 1.

      Wax Stone
      Uncommon
      Gain [DIAMOND] or [RUBY]
      0/1
      If you control a troop with Illuminate or a Candlekin , Illuminate 1

      Chaos Stone
      Uncommon
      Gain [BLOOD] or [SAPPHIRE]
      0/1
      If you control a troop with a bury effect, you may bury the top two cards of target opposing champion's deck.

      Transformation Stone
      Uncommon
      Gain [SAPPHIRE] or [WILD]
      0/1
      If you control a troop with a transformation effect, you may transform target troop you control into a random troop with cost +1.

      Blight Stone
      Uncommon
      Gain [BLOOD] or [WILD]
      0/1
      If you control a troop with a Deathcry, you may trigger the Deathcry of target troop you control.
      A very neat cycle of uncommon shards, close to the old one's while sacrificing the charge for something else.
      I love the size of the effects.
      The Blightbark one's condition feels kind of awkward though, since you cant use the effect anyways without having a troop with deathcry.
      All in all very neat combination of the uncommon shards and the racial shards.

      faceremover wrote:

      Dinglehunt Shard
      Rare Resource
      Gain < 1 / 1 >.
      Each opposing champion summons a Dingler with "Deathcry - Each opposing champion gains a charge and draws a card."
      Gotta love the dinglers.
      Cool card for controll decks.
      Sweet effect, would like to see it played.
    • invinible wrote:

      Name: Power Transformer
      Rarity: Common
      Abilities: Can't be used unless you have at least 4 of the same threshold. Lose 4 of threshold of your choice that you have at least 4 of. Gain 1 of each of the other thresholds. Gain 1/1.
      Interesting card, seems hard to do something with it though, but it would be fun to play it in a mono color deck with Daarmak. Or do some Lixil shenanigans with it. :P

      Eraia wrote:

      Draining Shard
      Rare resource
      Gain 0/1
      If you have not yet played a card this turn and have at least 2 temporary resources available, lose 2 temporary resources and gain 0/1.
      This warped fragment absorbed light, yet those who survived its effects were always the greater for their trials.


      Splintered Sapphire Shard
      Rare resource
      Gain 0/1. Gain [SAPPHIRE]
      [BASIC] While this is in your hand, (3) [SAPPHIRE] [SAPPHIRE] - Void 3 Splintered Sapphire Shards from your hand. Gain 1/1. Draw a card. Put 3 cards in play into their owner's hands.
      The power released when the splintered shard was reunited warped time itself, reversing its flow for all around.
      Tilling the soil + a ressource, sign me up. Ramping for all shards is certainly interesting.

      Very cool Idea for the splintered sapphire, if you could use an unlimited amount of those it could be a lot of fun. without it seems kind of hard to pull off though.

      Arcanyx wrote:

      Ruby Pact
      Resource

      Gain < 1 / 1 >. Gain [RUBY] [RUBY] [RUBY] . Gain a charge.
      You get "At the start of your turn, lose [RUBY] ."



      Pact Shards - These shards help get multiple thresholds of a single shard early in the game, but at a significant cost for the late game. Each Pact shard gives an ability that will slowly drain your thresholds of that shard if the game goes too long. Playing one of these early and then getting stalled can mean that top-decks are uncastable because you lost all your thresholds.

      I have these flavored as you are making some sort of bargain for power, like a contract with a devil.
      Neat idea, certainly hit the flavor.
      Could be really cool cards if we get more threshold balancing. However if you can keep hitting your shards, those t3 7/7 mightsingers are gonna have sone fun. Or t2 copycats, t4 6/6 Matriarchs. Ohh god the more I think about it the stronger it gets. I mean, people ran Uzzu for this.
      Wow this is a sweet idea.
    • Ok so the rankings

      3. Place: Faceremover and his Dinglehunt shard.
      Cool simple concept, which makes a strong but imo fairly balanced card.

      2. Place: GeneralVeers with his thresholddependant bonuses.
      I just like the idea and espacially the effects of the sapphire and the wild shard.

      1. Place: Arcanyx with the pacts.
      See thought process above. :D
      It's really just how my thoughts went.