Why PS4?

• schild wrote:

Portensio wrote:

1st : True but that does not mean people don't play on console. YOur giving your opinion. not facts.

2nd: Everyone thinks Ipad will bring so much people. What you fail to consider is 1- When HS released the Ipad version, their sales shifted. It did not increase sales it just shifted them. What you WANT is not what HEX needs. They need new blood. The market of CCG is full on Ipad and probably empty on ps4. 2- your wrong assuming consoles are not hot..they are still very hot and growing
      ¯\_(⊙︿⊙)_/¯
      mmos.com/news/hearthstone-mobile-revenues-passes-pc-revenue
    • Blackwood wrote:

Dralon wrote:

I still have yet to see a confirmation that 'cross platform compatibility' means our PC collection will be fully available to use on PS4 game and purchases of cards through PS4 store will be available to use on PC client.

Also how will we accomplish the actual linking of our PC account to the PS4 - I don't play through the steam client.
      I would wager that it's just cross-play, so that the two platforms can play against one another, but it's likely to be an independent collection system.
      that would be horrible. Anyone that invested in PS4 won't keep its ps4 foreever. When ps9 comes out. what he lost everything.
    • Portensio wrote:

Gregangel wrote:

So nobody to answer why no campaign in the PS4 client ?
      Multiple reasons i think
      1st- UI udate on campaign is necessary

2nd: Limiting this to PVP or a small AI is the best thing. Keeping it simple to attract players.
      I think a complete revamp of pve is why it is not coming to ps4. If you want the game to be successful on ps4, offer more casual friendly tournaments with less top heavy rewards.
    • Blackwood wrote:

Dralon wrote:

I still have yet to see a confirmation that 'cross platform compatibility' means our PC collection will be fully available to use on PS4 game and purchases of cards through PS4 store will be available to use on PC client.

Also how will we accomplish the actual linking of our PC account to the PS4 - I don't play through the steam client.
      I would wager that it's just cross-play, so that the two platforms can play against one another, but it's likely to be an independent collection system.
      That wouldn't make much sense. Creating a new economy just for PS4 while they participate in the same $ tourneys. Also, the AH would be very empty and with no P2P trading, it would make getting the singles you want part very tedious.
    • Just to make it clear, I don't have a problem with this uh, development in Hex. I think it's cool.

I just find it really f'ing strange and I don't fully understand the line of thought that brought us here.

If it's a stopgap to mobile than neat, a low-effort byproduct. I just suspect that's not the case.
    • Blackwood wrote:

Portensio wrote:

that would be horrible. Anyone that invested in PS4 won't keep its ps4 foreever. When ps9 comes out. what he lost everything.
      Presumably it would be linked to the PSN account which would migrate between systems, but I suppose we'll see what happens with hex five console iterations from now.
      I know but i mean, i went from a ps3 to an xbox one. that means i would of needed to rebuy a ps4 just to continue to play this game that i put lots of money in. Horrible idea.

Same thing if someone goes from console to PC. he will never be able to switch
    • Portensio wrote:

schild wrote:

Portensio wrote:

1st : True but that does not mean people don't play on console. YOur giving your opinion. not facts.

2nd: Everyone thinks Ipad will bring so much people. What you fail to consider is 1- When HS released the Ipad version, their sales shifted. It did not increase sales it just shifted them. What you WANT is not what HEX needs. They need new blood. The market of CCG is full on Ipad and probably empty on ps4. 2- your wrong assuming consoles are not hot..they are still very hot and growing
      ¯\_(⊙︿⊙)_/¯
      mmos.com/news/hearthstone-mobile-revenues-passes-pc-revenue
      You have any data that's not based around the specific release of the product?
    • Funktion wrote:

Rendakor wrote:

I don't get this at all. It seems like there are tons of things that could have been done to grow/improve Hex that would be easier and/or generate more players.
      Elaborate.I talk about this a lot, so I'm curious to hear what you think the biggest 2-3 things they could do to bring in new players are.
      Mobile support and more casual formats (EDH, Pauper, kitchen-table mode) would be my biggest 2.
    • Port to PS4 is alright. It'll probably bring in new players. I don't know if many console users will sit through a session of HEX though. As far as the whole allocating resources into this instead of x, I'm pretty neutral to it all. Any progress is seen as great to me. It's all a stepping stone in the great scheme of things. Sort of like a grocery list. It's all necessary and one is not necessarily more important than the other. That's what I think anyways.
    • There is nothing wrong with ps4, but Hex needs to do much better to succeed on a video game platform where it will be judged as a video game first and card game second, otherwise the reception is not going to be any better than the mixed reviews on Steam. Hopefully the dueling pit would be designed to address the queue time issue on the existing platform.
      "Winning with terrormill is not fun? Try losing with it"
    • Thoom wrote:

Gregangel wrote:

why the article have been deleted?
      Because Sony.
      (See the edit to the opening post)
      What a fail lol

Portensio wrote:

Blackwood wrote:

Portensio wrote:

Presumably it would be linked to the PSN account which would migrate between systems, but I suppose we'll see what happens with hex five console iterations from now.
      I know but i mean, i went from a ps3 to an xbox one. that means i would of needed to rebuy a ps4 just to continue to play this game that i put lots of money in. Horrible idea.
      Same thing if someone goes from console to PC. he will never be able to switch
      Do you understand me now?
    • Sony is behind this? That's good news also, maybe we'll see some actual marketing after all!

I don't have any actual data. I'll be happy with any changes that will bring new players to the game. If HXE believes that this move goes towards that (and I don't believe they got into such an investment of time and money without any facts behind), then that's enough for me for now.

(Yes, I'm in the "also edh" team too, but one thing doesn't neglect the other, if Hex is not implementing some sort of casual mode, it surely doesn't have anything to do with this announcement)
      Twitter: @Plotynus