Kismet Packs feel bad

    • Timlagor wrote:

      no it's the fact that the prices for desirable generated by the mechanics they have put in place greatly exceed the desirability ..while these items are simultaneously hard to sell which is quite the trick

      Also the consequent disappointment in every other outcome even when those contents are priced above the cost of the pack.
      You just keep saying this, but it's not true. The prices do not exceed the desirability. There is minimal supply and more demand, so the price is higher than you want it to be. Welcome to collectibles. Yes, there is AH inefficiency, but that is not the fault of Kismet Packs, and is generally not as bad on high priced items, because it's worth the time to list them.

      I've sold and bought several of these equipment, so they do sell if you are willing to buy/sell them at the market rate. If you insist that their "real" value is some number that no one ever lists them for, then you are unlikely to ever get one.

      Similarly, the 2% drop rate for each equipment means that (on average) if you open 50 packs you are going to get 1 of each equipment. Yes, I'm well aware that it's WAY more packs than that to have a 95% confidence that you will open one. This would suck terribly if this was a CCG, luckily it's not. I've opened 40-60 packs of each Kismet set and I'm right around 8 equipment opened. Some packs I got 0-1 equipment, some I got 3-4. I sell the extras and buy the ones I'm missing.
    • Sukebe wrote:

      didnt they say that they wanted legendary equipment to be very rare and difficult to get? didnt they say that they felt they would likely be some the most valuable things in the game?

      It seems to me that they have succeeded at their goals with the Kismet packs. Overall, this is something I am very happy about. Sure I get annoyed when I don't get what I want from the packs but when I get a rare piece of equipment I love it all the more.
      I've said in the past I'd like to have unlimited free ice cream. I literally have that now at my job and hardly ever take advantage of it because I don't want to become morbidly obese. I also said I'd like to make six figures a year. I do, now, but I also pay about half my salary for rent and utilities because of where I live to make that much.

      You can say you want something without knowing all of the consequences of it. I don't think @HEXCoryJones would have said "I want to make a system that, due to rarity of a few of the items you get from a pack, would lead to players/consumers feeling bad about buying those packs." But that's been one of the consequences of achieving the goal of having Legendary equipment being so chase-y.

      And, given the chase items are PVE-only items, it's compounded by the lack of progress on PVE this year. Why should I buy plat to spend on the AH for PVE-only items when PVE support has been shoved to the back of the bus? If PVE were actually a "thing" and generating excitement, I could see the demand justifying the high prices. But it's not. And my ability to justify putting money into the Hex Economy becomes less and less given the minimal incremental benefit I'd get for it from doing so. This is my personal cost-benefit calculation, but the higher the cost, the more likely others will come to the same result. . . and I'm quite sure "Having people put less platinum into our economy" was not a consequence Cory and crew wanted. But having this super chase equipment usable for a section of the game that's not gotten much love of late is doing that (at least for me and, based on this thread, for others as well).

      So, the question becomes does Hex want to stick with their original intent of having chase-y Legendary equipment (especially time-limited ones from the Kismet Packs) given the consequences of that decision? Personally, I hope not, but we'll see.
    • Timlagor wrote:

      Do I really need to point out you contradicted yourself utterly?
      Oh did I? Pardon me then, or maybe I did not say it clearly enough?
      Let me clarify it for you.

      All things in the world have value because we give it value.
      The value we give it is because of it having scarcity.
      It has meaning for us in someway, because we give it that.

      When words or things precious to us become "Normalized",
      We tend to take them for granted, become complacent, feeling entitled.
      Wisdom would be to guard ourselves, and keep being appreciative of these things.

      So though we can open our mouths and speak the words I love you until we are Willy Nilly.
      Most individuals choose not to, we do not say it to everyone, every minuet of everyday.

      We give these words scarcity, because they have meaning to us.

      As everyone is an Individual, we all have our own frame of reference, from which what we value comes from.
      Thus when it comes to value vs price. In anything from anytime in anyplace.

      The value of something for each individual is different the same as the desire to achieve it.
      The Price they are willing to pay for it, the sacrifice they are willing to make for it.

      So you saying x and your opinion about the value of something, does not need to reflect how value is for someone else.
      Thus that is subjective not set in stone, I have been trying to show you this.
      Feelings are not facts.
    • I mean what you are essentially saying tim is that if they would only print more money you could get paid more at your job and afford more things. This is not how an economy works especially with collectibles. You also say they are arbitrarily scarce which isn't true either there is nothing arbitrary about a infinite amount at a cost. The clash and bash AAA are a arbitrarily scarce resource on the other hand but there are very few complaints about them.

      If you can exchange infinite money or infinite time for infinite rare drops it is not arbitrarily scarce.
    • Dylan wrote:

      Sukebe wrote:

      didnt they say that they wanted legendary equipment to be very rare and difficult to get? didnt they say that they felt they would likely be some the most valuable things in the game?

      It seems to me that they have succeeded at their goals with the Kismet packs. Overall, this is something I am very happy about. Sure I get annoyed when I don't get what I want from the packs but when I get a rare piece of equipment I love it all the more.
      I've said in the past I'd like to have unlimited free ice cream. I literally have that now at my job and hardly ever take advantage of it because I don't want to become morbidly obese. I also said I'd like to make six figures a year. I do, now, but I also pay about half my salary for rent and utilities because of where I live to make that much.
      You can say you want something without knowing all of the consequences of it. I don't think @HEXCoryJones would have said "I want to make a system that, due to rarity of a few of the items you get from a pack, would lead to players/consumers feeling bad about buying those packs." But that's been one of the consequences of achieving the goal of having Legendary equipment being so chase-y.

      And, given the chase items are PVE-only items, it's compounded by the lack of progress on PVE this year. Why should I buy plat to spend on the AH for PVE-only items when PVE support has been shoved to the back of the bus? If PVE were actually a "thing" and generating excitement, I could see the demand justifying the high prices. But it's not. And my ability to justify putting money into the Hex Economy becomes less and less given the minimal incremental benefit I'd get for it from doing so. This is my personal cost-benefit calculation, but the higher the cost, the more likely others will come to the same result. . . and I'm quite sure "Having people put less platinum into our economy" was not a consequence Cory and crew wanted. But having this super chase equipment usable for a section of the game that's not gotten much love of late is doing that (at least for me and, based on this thread, for others as well).

      So, the question becomes does Hex want to stick with their original intent of having chase-y Legendary equipment (especially time-limited ones from the Kismet Packs) given the consequences of that decision? Personally, I hope not, but we'll see.
      there is no system in existence that won't lead to people feeling bad. tim, and I assume you, feel bad because you feel you shouldn't have to spend so much to get all the items in the kismet packs. I would be sad if none of the kismet pack items sold for more than 1k plat (as supply and demand would mean that they would be much easier to get)

      nothing can make everyone happy. You being unhappy does not make their current choices wrong. If you don't like the current kismet packs don't buy them. I love them so I will keep buying them, or at least the parts in them.
    • Sukebe wrote:

      there is no system in existence that won't lead to people feeling bad.
      Of course not... you can never truly please everyone. However, I feel that making pve tools available for people to play with will lead to more people being happy than giving them a 0.0001% chance of something worth 500 dollars.

      The item being so unobtainable will only lead to new player retention issues. The majority of potential players are not going to be interested in 40 dollar pieces of equipment.

      I've already had someone I tried to introduce to the game see a mindsnatch raven and quit because of the cost of it+equipment. The guy was looking for a card game that offered good value for his time and money, but felt that that was simply an unhealthy rarity level.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

      Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • Largashbur wrote:

      I do not share the sentiment either, I think drop rates are perfect. We want chase items to collect and Kismet packs are at the perfect place for this.
      You must be right. I must be wrong. Sorry for voicing my dislike for how things are set up. Shall I message you next time I want to post my opinion and feelings? Or simply not post at all? Just want to choose whatever's convenient for you.
    • Dylan wrote:

      Largashbur wrote:

      I do not share the sentiment either, I think drop rates are perfect. We want chase items to collect and Kismet packs are at the perfect place for this.
      You must be right. I must be wrong. Sorry for voicing my dislike for how things are set up. Shall I message you next time I want to post my opinion and feelings? Or simply not post at all? Just want to choose whatever's convenient for you.
      This is not what I wanted to say with my post. I just think that HexEnt should know that there are not only voices that are supporting this idea but that there are also the ones who like the system is right now. Basically, I don't want them to decide to make changes to the system based on the opinion of 3 people while others do not voice their opinion.
    • Largashbur wrote:

      I do not share the sentiment either, I think drop rates are perfect. We want chase items to collect and Kismet packs are at the perfect place for this.
      And when it scares players off, are you happy with that too? Because I know a few players who tried the game and it was the Kismet pack system that drove them away.

      To me personally, a limited time only chase PvE item costs 10 bucks in plat. Not 50-80. And that's what these items are going to cost down the line at current droprates... and that is NOT healthy.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

      Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • Eraia wrote:

      Largashbur wrote:

      I do not share the sentiment either, I think drop rates are perfect. We want chase items to collect and Kismet packs are at the perfect place for this.
      And when it scares players off, are you happy with that too? Because I know a few players who tried the game and it was the Kismet pack system that drove them away.
      To me personally, a limited time only chase PvE item costs 10 bucks in plat. Not 50-80. And that's what these items are going to cost down the line at current droprates... and that is NOT healthy.
      if kismet packs drive them away then they would not likely have stuck around long anyway. this is a trading card game. one that the ceo and head honcho has said will have hard to get items that are both desirable and hard to get.
    • Eraia wrote:

      Largashbur wrote:

      I do not share the sentiment either, I think drop rates are perfect. We want chase items to collect and Kismet packs are at the perfect place for this.
      And when it scares players off, are you happy with that too? Because I know a few players who tried the game and it was the Kismet pack system that drove them away.
      To me personally, a limited time only chase PvE item costs 10 bucks in plat. Not 50-80. And that's what these items are going to cost down the line at current droprates... and that is NOT healthy.
      I'm with Eraia here its perfectly sensible i my self left magic when i realized i couldn't buy a play set of moxes and lotus for 15$
    • This Topic is actually about an underlying matter, Something unconscious as a pattern really.

      It's see in many problems around the world.

      X Makes me feel bad, so it must be a problem, the meanie, my foe.

      It is about being in command of your own feelings, or your own mind.
      A lot of people are not being told or taught this.
      It is the very reason it pops up in everything everywhere.

      When something happens to you, you alone determine what it's effect on you will be.
      If you calm and clear your mind you can take hold of it.
      You can say I do not want to feel this way.
      Or is this truly about this subject the way I feel?, or is it something else that is frustrating me?

      When you say X makes me feel bad, you are giving power to that X to make you feel bad.
      You are then not taking command of your own mind, and not doing so your feelings will take control of you.

      If you are letting you feelings go Willy Nilly Your going from Impulse to impulse.
      The X makes me feel bad, you will encounter everywhere.

      X happens, Y person not looking nice at me, I am not getting Z enz.

      Soon you will be building a personal reference in which everyone and everything is the Meanie or making you feel bad.
      So then this must be so, because I feel X about it.

      You can make yourself go nuts with this. Going in circles X makes me feel bad, y and Z.
      They must be all against me, wanting to be meanie to me. Or it is a system of meanies designed for meanies.

      Your mind makes chemicals based on the patterns you behave.
      You are not just yourself in your body, you are a living universe filled with millions of mini lifeforms.
      Your mind will put you in a chemical Mix which it considers give the most stability at that time to coups with anything you have experienced.
      Because how you are feeling has effect on all the little ones inside you.
      This is why it is hard to break out of patterns, or develop new habits.

      I am not saying this to Hurt feelings, I am saying this so you can stop the hurt yourself, and stop hurting yourself.
      X makes me feel bad, has everything to do with this.

      I say this because I love this game, and because I care.
      I am selfish like this.

      To many games get bogged down because of peoples feelings running amok.
      Then they will try and keep up with those people who are going Willy Nilly.
      Which in turn ruins great games.

      Calm down, listen to calming music and melody without text for a while.
      You will see what I mean. :)
    • Wolzarg wrote:

      Eraia wrote:

      Largashbur wrote:

      I do not share the sentiment either, I think drop rates are perfect. We want chase items to collect and Kismet packs are at the perfect place for this.
      And when it scares players off, are you happy with that too? Because I know a few players who tried the game and it was the Kismet pack system that drove them away.To me personally, a limited time only chase PvE item costs 10 bucks in plat. Not 50-80. And that's what these items are going to cost down the line at current droprates... and that is NOT healthy.
      I'm with Eraia here its perfectly sensible i my self left magic when i realized i couldn't buy a play set of moxes and lotus for 15$
      And that's the reason, why no one plays Magic anymore nowadays. (Don't know if your comment was ironic. Mine was ;))

      The comment, that something drives players away, comes up in nearly every discussion, when someone wants something to be changed to their liking. Kismet packs (that make up such a small portion of the game) cannot be the sole reason that people leave the game. If they would even endure being slaughtered in the ladder or keep grinding trough PVE.

      I like Kismet packs the way they are, cause I'm lucky. If luck was evenly ditributed, we wouldn't need an AH and could make HEX a CCG anyway. (I know that this is exaggerated, but don't we all like exaggerations in this forum to solidify our opinions?)