Kismet Packs feel bad

• ReluxTheRelux wrote:

Transience wrote:

As far as I know Belgium is looking to ban games that have lock boxes
      Is not really about banning them, but classifying then as gambling which would raise their ratings to 18+.
      I'm not sure how it works in Belgium but in The Netherlands if they become classified as gambling they would be banned because The Netherlands has no system for permits for online gambling games so they are all currently illegal in the market and offering them could result in sanctions.

Age ratings really aren't the thing in our country as they are across the pond and I believe that goes for most European mainland. It's extremely hard to legally maintain for consumer goods and especially if the goods are digital, and besides the public doesn't give a fuck either. Alcohol and Tobacco are the exceptions but I'm pretty sure that age restriction is doing very little there, certainly compared to other measures.
      "Ignorant beliefs are stains upon the mind."
    • I like the idea of limited with packs against AI. However, I would be in favour of doing special PVE set/packs (which of course can also include pvp commons/uncommons) to do that. Less chances to cannibalize PVP limited modes and gives a distinct separate income stream that is directly attributed to only PVE where people can either use the mode or just buy the packs to open them.
    • Well I hope Belgium and the Netherlands act then so that that loot box non sense would stop, one of my biggest gripes with hex is the need to spin chest to get pve loot so i am forced to be a pvp player and also spinning chest is horrible value, at least on the kismet packs they did change the cost to buy them quite fast but never acted on the problem with the chests. I am still not happy with the kismets packs the one pve thing that is game play relevant the merc is super hard to get (3rd rarest roll). I had to spend all my gold on kismet packs and since ages i had no gold left to spin chests , and i didn't upgrade a single merc even that i almost play daily there is not enough gold for me (account level is capped at 100 so played a lot) to spin my chests or upgrade my mercs, before the kismet packs i could at least spin my chests. :(
    • Wolzarg wrote:

These are all choices you are making its not like hex taxed pve by adding those packs you buy them or you don't.
      No but the kismets packs are forced as they are only short time there , the other stuff i can wait for ever and if i care enough or i would find it's more important i could use my gold on that. I am not happy with short time the kismet packs are sold , the gold price is now better but the time they didn't touch. And you do this or you don't do this is like the mother of all arguments and doesn't change anything and that's not a discussion or constructive.
    • @Treasure I wouldn't worry too much about getting all the items immetadily from the kismet packs as if I recall correctly the packs will come back on a later date. That's why I haven't been active in collecting everything from the packs but more or less prioritized on things with what I wanted to get.

But of course that is just silly me and I probably don't share the "must get everything" mentality which many of the people playing Hex surely have (power to you) :thumbsup:
    • Talekith wrote:

@Treasure I wouldn't worry too much about getting all the items immetadily from the kismet packs as if I recall correctly the packs will come back on a later date. That's why I haven't been active in collecting everything from the packs but more or less prioritized on things with what I wanted to get.

But of course that is just silly me and I probably don't share the "must get everything" mentality which many of the people playing Hex surely have (power to you) :thumbsup:
      Yeah well I stopped getting everything when they started to hand it out like no tomorrow the sleeves and the AA cards. Like every small thing now has it's own worthless AA's or hard to get sleeves, sleeves are 0 value can't be sold, and AA cards turned into the same no one buy's them except some whales the first day. So I try to only collect game play relevant stuff which i can actually use, but after the slaughtergear nerf even pve cards lost value in my eyes so they did already ruin the game for collectors a lot so i am less and less collecting which is strange for collectible card game but whatever. :)
    • Treasure wrote:

Talekith wrote:

@Treasure I wouldn't worry too much about getting all the items immetadily from the kismet packs as if I recall correctly the packs will come back on a later date. That's why I haven't been active in collecting everything from the packs but more or less prioritized on things with what I wanted to get.

Yeah well I stopped getting everything when they started to hand it out like no tomorrow the sleeves and the AA cards. Like every small thing now has it's own worthless AA's or hard to get sleeves, sleeves are 0 value can't be sold, and AA cards turned into the same no one buy's them except some whales the first day. So I try to only collect game play relevant stuff which i can actually use, but after the slaughtergear nerf even pve cards lost value in my eyes so they did already ruin the game for collectors a lot so i am less and less collecting which is strange for collectible card game but whatever. :)
      Hex this is how people feel about the slaughter nerf take note.
    • Talekith wrote:

They've used words like 'gone for good' several times when talking about Kismet packs. I don't think they're ever coming back.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • Eraia wrote:

Silvanos wrote:

In general, much closer to the 500-2000p range you are asking for than the 4000-8000 range you say will hurt the game.
      Um... we have 3 items total under 2k in that listing. Yep totally a majority in the range I consider healthy. Totally.
      Ya know, I think I might need to block you. You misinterpret everything I say, and at this point I'm beginning to think it's intentional.

I've never asked for "PVE-acquired items that are simultaneously valuable, powerful, and high drop-rate." - what I've said is that they've gone TOO FAR to the OPPOSITE EXTREME. There's a threshold at which point the drop rate is TOO LOW to be healthy. They've crossed that. Simple. I don't want them to make the droprate 50%. But adding another 2 or 3% to the droprates(and taking that % away from the most common items) will make it feel much more obtainable, drop the price down a notch, but not make it have no value at all.

It's about a middle ground.

Realistically, more and more people are givingu p on buying Kismet packs from what I'm reading. Next set I'm probably just going to buy enough until I get the merc and stop. That should cut out a good 300-400 thousand gold I spend on the things, and mean I spend less time on the game farming for it. But I guess that's what we want... people to NOT WANT TO BUY THESE THINGS.
      Claiming I misinterpret you while simultaneously mis-quoting me. I didn't say they were in the range, I said they were much closer to the "healthy" range than the "unhealthy" range, and pointed out they can often be had for much cheaper. Even still, 3 items in the "healthy" range and only 1 in the "unhealthy" range. If you adjust the Pack 1 equipment to the current cost of packs (ie. divide it in half), there are 4 items in the "healthy" range, 0 in the unhealthy range and a majority that is close to what you said was "healthy". And another example that signals the long-term trend of these very rare PVE items is not towards 8k, but towards 1k.

And yes, you have asked for all of those things from PVE at some point or another in the forums. We've had this very same debate about your feelings that PVE players are second-class citizens because they are at the whims of whatever PVP players want to buy, and you have said they should make valuable PVE items to help address that. Here are valuable PVE items and you are complaining that they are too valuable. If they aren't rare, they aren't valuable. Like I said, I don't even care what the drop rate is, I just can't stand reading all your contradictory posts that make assertions, treat them as fact, and then back them up with hyperbole and cherry-picked data.

i.e., I'm sure that if you are aware of studies that show "for every person who is willing to vocalize a complaint, there are usually anywhere between 5 and 20 times that many people who were thinking along the same line who simply didn't bother to vocalize it" then you are also well aware that most people who are fine/happy with something don't bother to go online to post about it. I'm sure that you know this, but somehow it got left out of your analysis...