ImprovedHexMarket - New HEX third-party tool?

• ImprovedHexMarket - New HEX third-party tool?

Hi, I think is time to stop coding and share with you the tool I'm developing, to know if it's from interest for the community or not.

ImprovedHexMarket it's an interesting tool without an original name. The idea is to have centralized in one place the BUY and SELL orders from BUYERS/SELLERS with an "easy" way to track offers.

In next screenshoot you can see the main dahsboard where you can see WTB offers an WTS offers. It shows quantity of items requested as the price unitary and currency requested.
      Right now available Currencies are Platinum, Gold and Real Money.

You can choose wich type of offer you want to place in the system, and the data required for the offer as currency, quantity needed, and unitary price.

The process is as follows. Player A places a BUY offer of 4x Psychic Ascension for 200plat/each, for example.
      Player B is interested on selling under this price, and press on Wanna COD buttoin of the offer. A transactions is requested and ask for validation for player A.
      Player A enter on it's profile and see under it's offers, the request.

Once Player A validates the transaction, Player B receives an email with item name, quantity, COD value, and IGN of player A to send an ingame mail.
      Once Player B receives the COD, he/she can enter on the transaction and rate the buyer, delivery time and so on...

Player A put a sell offer, and Player B is interested on this offer. Just press COD ME button and a notification to Player A is sent with data needed to send a COD ingame.

System is developed with real money transactions in mind too. But obviously only as a directory of sales, and nothing more. This way, packs sellers, for example, can put SELL offers of packs with the price he wants to sale. System allows both players to communicate and once transaction is done, rate the player.

WHY?

With this system, sellers and buyers has a shared place where "all" transactions are done, and AH has some limitations. If I want to buy a "Psychic Ascension" I go there and see possible sellers offers, or put my BUY offer. If somebody wants to sell, can check for BUYers offers, or put a SELL offer.

My Doubts
      My main idea is that to allow to create new offers based on IRL currency, player must have several succesfully ingame transactions, but I don't have idea right now how to control fake reviews.

Under Development/Planned features

Bulk creation of offers based on Wishlists from TCGBrowser.

Ideas
      Sellers Stores.

I would like to know if this could be of interest of the community, and suggestion about what MUST HAVE features do you think are needed.
    • Do you have a recommandation system?
      I.e. i want to trade my cards to player B for his cards. i sent him the cards, he sent his. Now I vote player B 5 stars. However, I sent Player C my cards for his cards. But never received his cards he scammed me, now I place a 1star recommandation so no other player can get scammed.
    • Yes and no.
      There are a recommendation system, BUT right now WTT is not implemented. The main reason is what you say. Is something very dificult to control, and system has no idea of your collection. With SELL or BUY you can control with COD and expiry dates, but with Trade you can't control this kind of transactions.

It's the same with IRL money. You can put a transaction and be scammed, and all you can do is bad review to this user, but, how to avoid the fake good reviews?
      This is one of the problems I see of my initial idea. You can't create IRL money offers in the system until you are GOOD reviewed by the community, but I don't know yet how to avoid fake reviews.

If you have some idea about this, I can implement it.
    • What about a strictly collection-based system that only works based on your account data from HEX' API? I think that way a locking mechanism could be built for a third-party site like this one that prevents selling things you do not actually have or are already trading with somebody else. This of course might be a bit less comfortable than a purely in-client trading system, but it would be sort of safe.

Anyway, the only way non-auction house trading is implemented correctly imo is in games like Path of Exile. Third party tools do the job of procurement and allow communication between players. They provide platforms for sale discovery through game APIs and only provide pre-rendered text messages to copy-paste into chat. At that point you just chat with people.
      hexsales.net - Analysis and visulization of auction house data
      api.hexsales.net - API used for hexsales.net
      HexDB - Game asset API for cards, sets, equipment, etc.

E-mail: me@maximumstock.net
    • nolo wrote:

What about a strictly collection-based system that only works based on your account data from HEX' API? I think that way a locking mechanism could be built for a third-party site like this one that prevents selling things you do not actually have or are already trading with somebody else. This of course might be a bit less comfortable than a purely in-client trading system, but it would be sort of safe.

I thought too about this, the problem is it needs an extra step for users (a new line in api.ini, and so on) and extra coding, and not sure if it's worth do it, but I have it on my features document to study.

nolo wrote:

Anyway, the only way non-auction house trading is implemented correctly imo is in games like Path of Exile. Third party tools do the job of procurement and allow communication between players. They provide platforms for sale discovery through game APIs and only provide pre-rendered text messages to copy-paste into chat. At that point you just chat with people.
      I don't understand sorry. This is how this works. Idea is to centralize BUYers and SELLers in one place instead to get thread post buried, or spamming trade channel. This works when you are offline. Just work as a mall for contact between two parties, but the real "job" is done manually by players ingame. You have to think that this idea born as a Marketplace mainly based to BUY and SELL with IRL money. When I want to buy packs with IRL money, I can talk with my contacts and/or search in forums. Before my main contact was not online, I was more than a week without finding anybody selling packs. With this system you just have to enter, filter, and contact with SELLER. Same if I'm being the buyer, I put an offer to BUY packs under some price, and you, being the SELLER, see my BUY offer, and contact with me because you are interested. It's a "bidirectional" system to search/ask for BUYers<->SELLers
    • Canter wrote:

Poodigne wrote:

One can review another only if they have traded. Like on. Ebay
      Yes, is how it works, but I can create 2 accounts and create transactions between them. This is one of the reasons BUYers and SELLers names are hided
      Couldn't that easily be circumvented by the person setting a very specific price to buy/sell a card?

He can easily find out which other accounts are "his" by say putting PA as 231 plat. Once that shows up, he just "buys" it from himself, and voila, he can keep doing that to buff ratings with himself.
      There was a signature here. It's gone now.
    • Darkwonders wrote:

Canter wrote:

Poodigne wrote:

Yes, is how it works, but I can create 2 accounts and create transactions between them. This is one of the reasons BUYers and SELLers names are hided
      Couldn't that easily be circumvented by the person setting a very specific price to buy/sell a card?
      He can easily find out which other accounts are "his" by say putting PA as 231 plat. Once that shows up, he just "buys" it from himself, and voila, he can keep doing that to buff ratings with himself.
      Exactly, this could be another exploit, for this reason I say I don't know right now how to create a "trusted valoration" system.
    • Canter wrote:

Darkwonders wrote:

Canter wrote:

Poodigne wrote:

Couldn't that easily be circumvented by the person setting a very specific price to buy/sell a card?He can easily find out which other accounts are "his" by say putting PA as 231 plat. Once that shows up, he just "buys" it from himself, and voila, he can keep doing that to buff ratings with himself.
      Exactly, this could be another exploit, for this reason I say I don't know right now how to create a "trusted valoration" system.
      Yeah. Must be difficult. Best of luck to you!
      There was a signature here. It's gone now.
    • Canter wrote:

nolo wrote:

What about a strictly collection-based system that only works based on your account data from HEX' API? I think that way a locking mechanism could be built for a third-party site like this one that prevents selling things you do not actually have or are already trading with somebody else. This of course might be a bit less comfortable than a purely in-client trading system, but it would be sort of safe.
      I thought too about this, the problem is it needs an extra step for users (a new line in api.ini, and so on) and extra coding, and not sure if it's worth do it, but I have it on my features document to study.

nolo wrote:

I don't understand sorry. This is how this works. Idea is to centralize BUYers and SELLers in one place instead to get thread post buried, or spamming trade channel. This works when you are offline. Just work as a mall for contact between two parties, but the real "job" is done manually by players ingame. You have to think that this idea born as a Marketplace mainly based to BUY and SELL with IRL money. When I want to buy packs with IRL money, I can talk with my contacts and/or search in forums. Before my main contact was not online, I was more than a week without finding anybody selling packs. With this system you just have to enter, filter, and contact with SELLER. Same if I'm being the buyer, I put an offer to BUY packs under some price, and you, being the SELLER, see my BUY offer, and contact with me because you are interested. It's a "bidirectional" system to search/ask for BUYers<->SELLers
      Oh I'm sorry then, my bad. Apparently I didn't get it right away. If you built it like poe.trade then there is obviously no definitive need for anything i wrote above. Good luck with your endeavour!
      hexsales.net - Analysis and visulization of auction house data
      api.hexsales.net - API used for hexsales.net
      HexDB - Game asset API for cards, sets, equipment, etc.

E-mail: me@maximumstock.net
    • I don't like the AH and so am very interested in your project. My suggestion would be instead of having a list of buy and a list of sell offers, instead do BID/ASK in a way similar to how steam does its trading cards (basically all the offers at the same price stack). Your proposed system would work better for real currency or trades, but I think bid/ask is superior for ingame currency transactions because trust not an issue with CODs
    • GeneralVeers wrote:

I don't like the AH and so am very interested in your project. My suggestion would be instead of having a list of buy and a list of sell offers, instead do BID/ASK in a way similar to how steam does its trading cards (basically all the offers at the same price stack). Your proposed system would work better for real currency or trades, but I think bid/ask is superior for ingame currency transactions because trust not an issue with CODs
      Can you explain me what BID/ASK mean?
      Main Idea is to not have auctions. I wouldn't like to "replace" AH. It's mainly focused to make easy IRL money trading. I don't know how steam trading cards works.
    • So some people want to sell, and others want to buy, right? The way you propose is you show a list of everyone who wants to buy, and another list of everyone who wants to sell.

With Bid/Ask, you have one list of how many copies of an item are for sale at each price, and another with how many are wanted at each price, and are given the option to either fulfill someone elses bid/ask, or to post your own.

Herofall
      Bid
      6 @ 600p
      10 @ 612p
      10@650p

Ask
      5@ 580p
      7 @ 573p
      25 @ 550p
    • GeneralVeers wrote:

So some people want to sell, and others want to buy, right? The way you propose is you show a list of everyone who wants to buy, and another list of everyone who wants to sell.

With Bid/Ask, you have one list of how many copies of an item are for sale at each price, and another with how many are wanted at each price, and are given the option to either fulfill someone elses bid/ask, or to post your own.

Herofall
      Bid
      6 @ 600p
      10 @ 612p
      10@650p

Ask
      5@ 580p
      7 @ 573p
      25 @ 550p
      And what happens if an item has several bids at the same price, wich priority to use for contact? Time?