Chat stuck at whisper

• Chat stuck at whisper

New

This is prolly more "user error" or lack of knowledge than a bug, but on opening my in game chat it is always on the whisper tab and I have to go to the left side menu to pick general chat (which used to be default)

It's pretty annoying, any thing I can do to reset it?

I have a note to type /s for Hex chat bug, but it does nothing...

Also when I try to whisper (like to a noble to ask it gives me a failure message.)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Ouroboros ().

• New

No buddy?

(Itsa still annoying!)

Heck,while Imma here not gittin qwestions answered...Where/how do you quit a tourney?

The 10 min popup sez "Return to the lobby"
      That's a pretty odd term as nothing is labeled as a lobby...

The forfeit button is the only one I see and that dun sound like a good idea...

The post was edited 1 time, last by Ouroboros ().

• New

Tried repairing files, did not fix it.

So i guess itsa actual bug !

I was figgering it was some kinda option or setting I was missin...

On rethinkin the lobby thing, I guess itsa kinda obvious as there is really no place else to go...

Fun fact: You were the Noble I was trying to ask about it while I kept gittin those "whisper failed" messages.
    • New

Ouroboros wrote:

On rethinkin the lobby thing, I guess itsa kinda obvious as there is really no place else to go...

Fun fact: You were the Noble I was trying to ask about it while I kept gittin those "whisper failed" messages.

I'm not online 24/7 sadly, you can always check which NOBLE is online currently on chat by asking on general or help chat. If it says whisper failed there's a reason why it failed: either you typed name wrong or the person you're trying to reach is offline.

Can you try to record chat being on default on whispers? That's only way I can try to help.
    • New

Shinshire wrote:

Ouroboros wrote:

if what you did was just typing "/s" and pressing enter, then try inputting "/s "
      That note was from I think the first year of Hex, I don't even remember the "chat bug" I was experiencing...I jest stuck it in there in case that was somehow pertinent info.

I was jest hoping doing /s and trying to whisper the Noble about it would reset things. (I know they were online as I saw em typing!)

Anyhoo, that jest gave me the "Whisper failed message".

Is EXACT capitalization, etc required?

I remember trying a couple different versions of NOBLELixil wit no success.
    • New

Ouroboros wrote:

Shinshire wrote:

Ouroboros wrote:

if what you did was just typing "/s" and pressing enter, then try inputting "/s "messages fail if the other player is offline
      That note was from I think the first year of Hex, I don't even remember the "chat bug" I was experiencing...I jest stuck it in there in case that was somehow pertinent info.
      I was jest hoping doing /s and trying to whisper the Noble about it would reset things. (I know they were online as I saw em typing!)

Anyhoo, that jest gave me the "Whisper failed message".

Is EXACT capitalization, etc required?

I remember trying a couple different versions of NOBLELixil wit no success.
      Read reply above,(exact campitalization is not needed) also if you tried to reach to me 5 hours ago, I most defo was not online ^^

This might help you a bit =)
    • New

NOBLELixil wrote:

Ouroboros wrote:

I'm not online 24/7 sadly, you can always check which NOBLE is online currently on chat by asking on general or help chat. If it says whisper failed there's a reason why it failed: either you typed name wrong or the person you're trying to reach is offline.

Can you try to record chat being on default on whispers? That's only way I can try to help.
      Ack!
      Ye snuck that in there as I was typing #7...As mentioned there you were online ((During the Bash this was))
      {I fully expect it was my lack of typing skills as to why the whispers kept failing}

Whatcha mean by record ?
      Like twitch or something??

I am hoping if i can git off one successful whisper, that it mite "reset" to global being the default.
      Will try that tonight.

Thanks fer the replies ya'll!
    • New

Ouroboros wrote:

NOBLELixil wrote:

Ouroboros wrote:

Ack!Ye snuck that in there as I was typing #7...As mentioned there you were online ((During the Bash this was))
      {I fully expect it was my lack of typing skills as to why the whispers kept failing}

Whatcha mean by record ?
      Like twitch or something??

I am hoping if i can git off one successful whisper, that it mite "reset" to global being the default.
      Will try that tonight.

Thanks fer the replies ya'll!
      Well then for sure you must have mistook my name.

Easier way to reach people is by clicking on their profile picture on chat and press whisper.

And by record to have any program that can record your screen (game) and then upload it on youtube or something like that =) just so I can see why you can't have chat on default because no one else has reported this so far