HEX Bash Announcement

• While there is exactly zero chance that I will get to participate in the Hex Bash (both a matter of time an skill), I am very glad that we will not have a regularly scheduled constructed tournament that will define its own meta. The ladder meta is very different than other constructed tournaments, but the ones we had were either too casual (Arcanum Vault, FS weekly) or too few and far between (The Shard Cup) to really establish a constructed meta.
    • New

Airtron wrote:

122 Does seem a little low for the first time of the Hex Bash...
      Lots of factors

Constructed less popular then limited
      Wow factor passed already with the clash
      Lots of tournaments this weekend

Add to this the diminishing participation of constructed in general and you gave low turnout

This might end up being a 60-80 player tournament every week
    • New

Nnext saturday will be even less because of cup of fate and in 3 weeks or so we have the ccs.
      At that point i think we will see a switch of bash and clash in starting days

Also..scaling rewards is a good thing in principle. It doesnt really send out a good signal from the outside when those stretch goals for more rewards are never met and not even close. 200 is the first step...350 is the last. This week 122..next weekend around 100.
    • New

I would love to play in any of the big tournaments but having to set aside so many hours where half the time you don't even play is really hard for me and it's unfortunate because I would love all the amazing cards and boards

Like it was said many times, not. Everything is for everyone
    • New

Pandaemonium wrote:

Shinshire wrote:

haven't read only first page, here're my 2 cents:
      128- players at first 2-3 bashes dropping down to 64- after that, revamped in 2-3 months
      This man is a oracle. Please if you want more people give less top heavy rewards and lower entry fee (maybe make it asynch somehow).
      When people say the event is top heavy are they upset that the cash is going to 1-4th, or that 32 people are getting prizes? 32 players means over 10% of the field is getting prizes - that doesn't seem very top heavy.

I don't understand people saying $7 is a high entry fee. It costs the same as it costs to draft to play for a great prize. It costs less than going to see a movie at the theatre. It costs less than going out to lunch. It costs less than most forms of entertainment in 2017 that only last half as long as an event you can play all day.
    • New

JeffHoogland wrote:

Pandaemonium wrote:

Shinshire wrote:

128- players at first 2-3 bashes dropping down to 64- after that, revamped in 2-3 months
      This man is a oracle. Please if you want more people give less top heavy rewards and lower entry fee (maybe make it asynch somehow).
      When people say the event is top heavy are they upset that the cash is going to 1-4th, or that 32 people are getting prizes? 32 players means over 10% of the field is getting prizes - that doesn't seem very top heavy.
      I don't understand people saying $7 is a high entry fee. It costs the same as it costs to draft to play for a great prize. It costs less than going to see a movie at the theatre. It costs less than going out to lunch. It costs less than most forms of entertainment in 2017 that only last half as long as an event you can play all day.
      I totally agree with you Jeff. But I want to point out that is not completely true where I live (France) Because it take my saturday night and even if I have the sunday for rest it still hard, I mean with the time. I would be glad to have an event that start at 9AM where I live.
      I must say it's better than the clash ><.

Even if i don't participate today I'm glad to know that there is a constructed tournament I can do if I want time to time.
      And $7 is very low for participation

Good job Hex :thumbup:
    • New

Jest curious...how do the door prizes work?

Do you see that you got one when the final standings window comes up, or do you not find out until the Twitter report(which I think will come out Monday)?

Jest askin!

*******EDIT***********

Nevermind!

Found the info on the clash page...

Sez they send you an in game mail.
    • New

I only played for 3 rounds in the HEX Bash. Was fun getting to pit my deck against some of the better decks.

I hope these casual tournaments (Clash, Bash, 5shards, Arcanum, etc) stay even though the turnout may not be ideal. I just like that the entry fee is so cheap/free that I couldn't care less about forfeiting when I don't want to play anymore. I understand the time commitment can be daunting and the prize structure is unforgiving for the 85% of you, but maybe consider why you are playing HEX. HEX sort of remind me of the time when I was little where I would just enter random promotional tournaments of card games I had no clue how to play. Didn't care for the game, prizes or promos. Just wanted to play because I thought it would be fun. That's what HEX is to me. Though, I also have like 26 hours in a day, so I'm a bit biased when it comes to how people spend their time.
    • New

Pandaemonium wrote:

Shinshire wrote:

Less top heavy rewards sounds awful, you shouldn't be rewarded cash prizes for being mediocre. And to repeat other players, if you can't afford $7 you have other problems and should probably worry about those.
    • New

It's not about being able to afford it it's about whether someone thinks the entry fee is too high or not. There is a very distinct difference. You can be of the opinion to find the entry fee perfectly acceptable yet still not be able to afford it.
      "Ignorant beliefs are stains upon the mind."
    • New

JeffHoogland wrote:

Do people think draft is too expensive? That costs the same as this.

For perspective - this event costs 1/3rd as much as similar events on MTGO. In fact - it costs less than even playing a friendly league on MTGO does.

You should not bother trying to rationalize a very good point. Because some Hex players keep taking as a referential point f2p CCG due to the fact Hex is a bit ambivalent with the PVE side of the game and the PVP side of the game.
      In their mind they think HS or whatever but not MTGO to evaluate Hex accecibility

This is the biggest misunderstanding between the game and a very vocal part of the player base. And this is a issue which hold back the game by the way.
      I don't say the PVE part of the game is the coal nut of the game... well yes I just did...