FRA 2.0 Review - Further Reflections

• Yes, the rewards are pretty terrible overall. Nothing like getting a perfect clear and getting a bunch of cards you already have tons of and have very little value and a piece of equipment or two that are garbage.

I have to say, making the FRA way harder and then making the rewards mostly trash was an interesting design decision....
    • KozHex wrote:

Yes, the rewards are pretty terrible overall. Nothing like getting a perfect clear and getting a bunch of cards you already have tons of and have very little value and a piece of equipment or two that are garbage.

I have to say, making the FRA way harder and then making the rewards mostly trash was an interesting design decision...
      But RNG is great for the game right? I think the value is in the gold acquired, anything else is a bonus.
    • New

VicMan wrote:

TheBlackCrypt wrote:

VicMan wrote:

The value is in the achievement

It's a game
      It's a free game
      You are not forced to pay for play
      Finish the Arena is an achievement, all the other stuff is just bonus
      Finishing the Arena is an achievement for the first 3-4 perfect clears for a given deck but after that?
      Finish with all champ ! (with different deck of course)That my personal challenge. I'm half way
      It's super cool that you have set yourself challenge and feel a sense of achievement when meeting that challenge :thumbsup:

I personally aren't interested in banging my head against the FRA 2.0 brick wall with all sorts of different decks, I have 2 that perform extremely well that I can use to farm gold if I get the urge, the only achievement left is to meet a dragon and beat it which I have done recently.
    • New

Only doing FRA 2.0 to meet the dragon and beat it, for farming gold there are way better ways. I am not sure about all the equipment that is in FRA 2.0 if it is worth it to farm for and also it sucks that the put again in more equips into it with set 8 release and i mostly get the stuff that was already in it. They should make the new stuff always drop more often then the old stuff.
    • New

Treasure wrote:

Only doing FRA 2.0 to meet the dragon and beat it, for farming gold there are way better ways. I am not sure about all the equipment that is in FRA 2.0 if it is worth it to farm for and also it sucks that the put again in more equips into it with set 8 release and i mostly get the stuff that was already in it. They should make the new stuff always drop more often then the old stuff.
      Unless you farm a currency, it is nearly always never worth it to farm for items if you value your time at all. In some scenarios, when you have the time, you can just play the content until you get your stuff. However, when you start looking at the value of the items and how much you make per hour farming a currency, you'll find that 99% of the time you are better farming the currency then buying from AH.

On the other hand, it tends to be false for very rare, very valuable items as they tends to get to a value threshold that would require dozens of hours of farming. Even then that might still be more efficient to farm currency than the actual item.

You only really need to "farm" for items when they are exclusives and non-tradable like sleeves and battleboards. Dragons from the FRA are certainly in that category.

Regarding DoW equipments dropping from FRA; I am fairly sure that the loot table isn't right. I have done dozens of runs and barely got any DoW equipments. My own sample on the overal is still small but there are a few equip we know should be dropping from FRA that never have been sold on the AH to this date. Best example I can give you is the Robo-Oil equipment for Robogoyle.
      @Twitch - @Twitter - @Youtube

"A Gall's fortune is sometimes good and sometimes bad, but always true."
    • New

Draconix wrote:

I'm constantly amazed that I play for fun. Seems such an odd outlier
      Well it's not that i don't enjoy the game it's i want to combine both having fun and some gains. :)

CoachFliperon wrote:

Treasure wrote:

Unless you farm a currency, it is nearly always never worth it to farm for items if you value your time at all. In some scenarios, when you have the time, you can just play the content until you get your stuff. However, when you start looking at the value of the items and how much you make per hour farming a currency, you'll find that 99% of the time you are better farming the currency then buying from AH.
      On the other hand, it tends to be false for very rare, very valuable items as they tends to get to a value threshold that would require dozens of hours of farming. Even then that might still be more efficient to farm currency than the actual item.

You only really need to "farm" for items when they are exclusives and non-tradable like sleeves and battleboards. Dragons from the FRA are certainly in that category.

Regarding DoW equipments dropping from FRA; I am fairly sure that the loot table isn't right. I have done dozens of runs and barely got any DoW equipments. My own sample on the overal is still small but there are a few equip we know should be dropping from FRA that never have been sold on the AH to this date. Best example I can give you is the Robo-Oil equipment for Robogoyle.
      Yeah that's pretty much experience i only farm gold as i have the urge to roll all my chests , and before it was to farm gold to be able to buy the kismet packs till i had the items i wanted, and i am sprinkling in some FRA 2.0 run's so i don't get to bored from farming. And yeah I must say the DOW equipments are very hard to get. :( I got only 2 common DOW equips til now. :(

The post was edited 1 time, last by Treasure ().

• New

CoachFliperon wrote:

I had all the commons and uncommon FRA equips, one missing rare and quite a few missing legendaries when the DoW equipment was added. I figured out the new stuff was about 10% extra in each rarity and after a lot of runs I have picked up 304 more equips, 29 being DoW. So they are showing up at about the rate I expected
    • New

Ilok wrote:

CoachFliperon wrote:

I had all the commons and uncommon FRA equips, one missing rare and quite a few missing legendaries when the DoW equipment was added. I figured out the new stuff was about 10% extra in each rarity and after a lot of runs I have picked up 304 more equips, 29 being DoW. So they are showing up at about the rate I expected
      Wait, you were able to get a Robo-Oil form the FRA? Do you have any metrics on how many runs you did to get most of them?
      @Twitch - @Twitter - @Youtube

"A Gall's fortune is sometimes good and sometimes bad, but always true."
    • New

Nope
      I've had 3 of the 8 rares, 5 of the 10 uncommons and 8 of the 10 commons (with 8 duplicates) plus quite a number of the legendaries I was missing (none of the DoW three). That has taken 88 runs - I've been spinning legendary chests to find out what you get, so have gone through a lot of gold

As I have already posted you get far, far more award troops than is any use and not enough equipment. The mechanism doesn't reflect the huge size of the equipment pool, and the difficulty of getting the final 10%