FRA 2.0 Review - Further Reflections

• CoachFliperon wrote:

To add to @NicoSharp’s post, one of the biggest issue we are facing right now when tryig to create budget lists is that the great majority of the equipment comes from PVP via chests. This makes it so that a ton of equipment for C/U cards sells higher than a good PVP rare card. On top of that, many of the core U cards are from sets that already have rotates out, and two more sets are retiring soon. This is a major hurdle in creating budget decks.

I would really like to see a way for us to procure retired set equipment other than chests. There are many ways to do it but the one I’d like the most would be some kind for crafting system. Make it so that you can craft “account bound” C/U cards and equips from retired sets. Make it so that we need to “break” a big numbers of C/U to even just craft one so that farming C/U cards in the campaign or FRA becomes a good strategy.

One of many ideas! Keep them coming!
      This is a really good idea of what crafting could be used for: Rebuilding cards and equipment that is no longer being printed.
    • CoachFliperon wrote:

To add to @NicoSharp’s post, one of the biggest issue we are facing right now when tryig to create budget lists is that the great majority of the equipment comes from PVP via chests. This makes it so that a ton of equipment for C/U cards sells higher than a good PVP rare card. On top of that, many of the core U cards are from sets that already have rotates out, and two more sets are retiring soon. This is a major hurdle in creating budget decks.

I would really like to see a way for us to procure retired set equipment other than chests. There are many ways to do it but the one I’d like the most would be some kind for crafting system. Make it so that you can craft “account bound” C/U cards and equips from retired sets. Make it so that we need to “break” a big numbers of C/U to even just craft one so that farming C/U cards in the campaign or FRA becomes a good strategy.

One of many ideas! Keep them coming!
      I am not generally into account bound cards or equips but this seems like a pretty good idea regardless. I would like to see pvp common/uncommon cards require the breaking of pvp cards to get the materials and pve cards and all equipment require the breaking down of pve cards and equipment.

This way even the worst of the pvp commons and uncommons would have at least some value to people as materials to craft the commons and uncommons from previous sets that are no longer in the store.
    • New

Ilok wrote:

One issue I have with FRA is the reward system

I have 70+ of some of the FRA reward troops, and just need 3 legendaries to have 4 of every troop
      So what I want to get at the end of a run is equipment

I've just done a near perfect run and got one uncommon equipment plus lots of troops - totally worthless
      It would be good if you had some control over what mix you won.
      Just had a perfect run and was hoping for a piece of legendary equipment - nope, masses of troops and one uncommon equipment
      So annoying
    • New

Ilok wrote:

Ilok wrote:

I have 70+ of some of the FRA reward troops, and just need 3 legendaries to have 4 of every troop

I've just done a near perfect run and got one uncommon equipment plus lots of troops - totally worthless
      Just had a perfect run and was hoping for a piece of legendary equipment - nope, masses of troops and one uncommon equipmentSo annoying
      Yet FRA isn't meant to be farmed, go figure...
    • New

Hey, just wanted to say that after like 200+ runs of fra since the new version came out, I finally met Zakiir and lost in a quick and brutal fasion.

Here we go for 200 more rounds to find the scaly bastard again.

My blood is salt and my body is brimstone btw.
      Awaiting the Doomwalker's arrival in Entrath since the Beta.

" Honey, where's my chaos key ?
      - Have you searched in your chaos coat ?
      - Shoot I left it in the chaos car... "

... Still be waiting for a while it seems ...
    • New

Olfff wrote:

Hey, just wanted to say that after like 200+ runs of fra since the new version came out, I finally met Zakiir and lost in a quick and brutal fasion.

Here we go for 200 more rounds to find the scaly bastard again.

My blood is salt and my body is brimstone btw.
      I met him early, and got seared. Then I almost stabilized. Then I got seared again.

You're not alone.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • New

TheBlackCrypt wrote:

Ilok wrote:

Ilok wrote:

Just had a perfect run and was hoping for a piece of legendary equipment - nope, masses of troops and one uncommon equipmentSo annoying
      Yet FRA isn't meant to be farmed, go figure...
      they said it was not meant to be farmed for gold...they never said it wasn't supposed to be farmed at all. not to mention the difficulty of getting some things is likely because cory has said from the very beginning he wants people to work for the harder to get stuff. that means either farming or trading
    • New

Interesting

Card trading is in my DNA - I spent 14 years dragging trade folders to Magic tournaments
      I put a thread up re trading FRA rares which has turned out well, but only four players got involved in trading. Do people tend to auction spares rather than swap them?

As far as working for the "harder to get stuff" goes I had about 400 copies of common FRA equipment but had none of 11 of the 120. They all get hard to get when you have most of them

PS another perfect FRA run which couldn't be more different - 4 common equipment, 2 uncommon and a rare
    • New

Card trading is just so unsupported by the official that most people would just auction spare. Like, there isn't even a head-to-head trading window or option to do that thing. COD item-to-item trade requires trusting the other side fully which is hard between two random strangers.
    • New

Goliathus wrote:

Card trading is just so unsupported by the official that most people would just auction spare. Like, there isn't even a head-to-head trading window or option to do that thing. COD item-to-item trade requires trusting the other side fully which is hard between two random strangers.
      Something so inherent to a tcg that *still* isn't in game despite people asking since alpha. Or perhaps it's absent to encourage plat purchase and AH activity...

edit: Where is the ability to un-EA cards, something else that has been asked for and is easy to implement.

The post was edited 1 time, last by TheBlackCrypt ().

• New

Goliathus wrote:

I just trade once and I must say I prefer sell or buy, with the trade chat) than trade, it feel more safe.

It's true that they can implement that
    • New

KozHex wrote:

Airtron wrote:

Damn, the art is amazing in this set.

Also, PvE cards are missing from full set spoiler. :/
      They never show the PvE cards as part of the full spoiler for some reason. I wish they would
      They now have a very good one. A good portion of the player base can't play or see PVE cards.

They SHOULD however preview the PVE stuff within the set as soon as they do the full spoiler. There is absolutely no reason not to. Just need to do it on a separate article to avoid creating confusion with the console players.
      @Twitch - @Twitter - @Youtube

"A Gall's fortune is sometimes good and sometimes bad, but always true."