The more I FRA the more I this Reserves would be good

• Arkansaw wrote:

Campaign now can be cleared routinely with any class using Hawkor, or Elf Warrior Xocoy (T2). So except for people wanting to try new classes, Arena is still better for variety.
      except that Campaign can be completed with a massive variety of decklists and styles. Certainly the fasted gold comes from degenerate decks but you don't have to play like that.
    • Timlagor wrote:

Arkansaw wrote:

Campaign now can be cleared routinely with any class using Hawkor, or Elf Warrior Xocoy (T2). So except for people wanting to try new classes, Arena is still better for variety.
      except that Campaign can be completed with a massive variety of decklists and styles. Certainly the fasted gold comes from degenerate decks but you don't have to play like that.
      my current PvE menu looks like this:

normal campaign = fun (for new classes) + ok for gold
      twinked campaign in GMG = not fun + very good for gold
      arena = fun when you win + bad for gold + sometimes good for plat
      "Winning with terrormill is not fun? Try losing with it"
    • I have bought and played almost every deck that is "good" for FRA 2.0. There's only 1 that consistently finishes and frequently gets perfects -- Terromill.

Having only 1 deck that consistently finishes is not fun.

Making 1 deck that can address all of the cheating mechanics that the FRA champions get, is a tall order.

I'm not saying it should be easy, but it definitely could be improved.

RECOMMENDATION: Go in with 2 decks or 3 and then choose the deck for the champion. That way you could test two different decks, have a lot more fun, and not be stuck playing the same deck over and over.

I know some will complain about my idea, but what if the rewards were slightly lessened if you used an additional deck? Or maybe there's some other penalty.
    • My suggestion: Make an actually balanced version of FRA, copy the gold rewards to that and reduce the drop rate of rares a little bit, and give the legendaries a big drop on their drop rate.

Then instate the current version of FRA as some extra challenging mode with higher rewards. This would make reward farming possible with more than one deck while still keeping the bullshit version of FRA for whatever masochist likes that.
    • Vroengard wrote:

To quote just one recent post

SaintVicarious wrote:

As you've already been told about seven billion times, the campaign in HEX is a completely static experience.
      So a random encounter generator would address that. And then we have 1 guy saying "Yes, it would probably help" and 1 guy saying "No, it wouldn't". So, clearly, when the "We don't like FRA for its difficulty, we don't like Campaign for its predictabiility" can't decide what they really want, I think it's logical for the rest of us to not have understood either.
      As was pointed out, unless the rewards continue on, you're still just replaying something for no reason. I'd also argue that I'd want it separated from Campaign somewhat, as I like playing new decks, and don't want to have to constantly swap mercenaries/decks just to try something, given that we can only have four at once.

Also, this might come as a shocker, but different people have differing opinions sometimes.

Further still, you seem to be conflating consistency with difficulty, they're not the same thing. Most of the end content in AZ2 is difficult - it is all completely consistent. Armies of Myth 1/2/3 are easy - they are all completely inconsistent.

I still, for the life of me, cannot figure out why you want others to either play the exact way you dictate, or not play at all. I don't want them to chuck FRA2 - you like it, as do others. Leave it in for folks like you. But plenty of us want something back we already had in the game. Why that's such an offensive thought to you is beyond me.

Wolzarg wrote:

Campaign ring arena Hardly a replacement for the real thing but a small stopgap maybe you can enjoy it.
      Yeah, might give that a go tonight, see how it is. Still, feel like I'm trying to "fix" the game by playing around it, rather than having HEX Ent fix it properly.
      Never shift in to reverse without a backup plan.