The more I FRA the more I this Reserves would be good

    • Wolzarg wrote:

      so blatantly boring he could missclick and miss attacking for 3 full turns and still win. What is the point of that shit just make it farmville click every 30 minutes on a fucking cow to recieve gold and pve cards why have any challenge at all.
      This is sadly true.

      Hex legit might be better off putting some far off node on AZ that is a damn Entrath movie theater where you went in and watched ads in exchange for gold similar to Twitch bits.

      Hex would actually profit while those people who mindlessly farm GMG with Xocoy or whatever broken deck garnering no enjoyment whatsoever while watching Netflix or whatever else would have to do a lot less clicking.

      win-win :)
    • MealyMouth wrote:

      Wolzarg wrote:

      so blatantly boring he could missclick and miss attacking for 3 full turns and still win. What is the point of that shit just make it farmville click every 30 minutes on a fucking cow to recieve gold and pve cards why have any challenge at all.
      This is sadly true.
      Hex legit might be better off putting some far off node on AZ that is a damn Entrath movie theater where you went in and watched ads in exchange for gold similar to Twitch bits.

      Hex would actually profit while those people who mindlessly farm GMG with Xocoy or whatever broken deck garnering no enjoyment whatsoever while watching Netflix or whatever else would have to do a lot less clicking.

      win-win :)
      There's no reason to be toxic. Clicking 'resolve' on thirteen spiders vying to kill the AI's Llama isn't all that exciting either. Many of the encounters in FRA 2 are vastly improved and that's great. Many of the encounters are either overturned or overpowered (or both). That makes only a small number of decks using only a few broken cards or mechanics serviceable. If I wanted my play experience to include picking one of 5 viable net decks I could go play Hearthstone.
    • Eraia wrote:

      They do share the same cap.

      And as to the rest of your comment, if you offer a form of the game that isn't pvp, you're going to get players who are simply 100% not interested in pve. That is a fact.

      WoW is 'one game', yet there are millions of people who do no pvp ever. And there are probably similar amounts who JUST pvp. And then there are those who do both. And none of those are 'doing it wrong'.
      I'll have to check tonight because I was pretty sure my XP bar would stop filling while I was playing the Campaign but then one game of COnstructed would award XP.

      Of course you're gonna get players that are 100% not interested in PvE. The question is if they'll be going around saying the game is shit because it doesn;t pander to their preferences.
    • There's a massive difference between Reserves letting you make limited tweaks to your deck to adapt to specific enemies and whole new decks that can be brought in to annihilate them.

      To improve against Hogarth: Spirit of Retribution usually buys you time (expect that to get restricted to D decks soon)
      Against Reaper: Adaptatron can do a lot of work -there may well be better options but you're looking to for something that survives the wipe or refills the board (Wildlife?)
    • Vroengard wrote:

      Of course you're gonna get players that are 100% not interested in PvE. The question is if they'll be going around saying the game is shit because it doesn;t pander to their preferences.
      That's exactly why both sides of the game need to be able to stand strong. So that the people who don't care about pvp are satisfied with the pve and the people who don't care about pve are satisfied with pvp. This is one place this game should take inspiration from MMOs. Both WoW and FFXIV offer robust pve and pvp playstyles that allow people to play what they want to and still feel like they're getting a complete experience.

      But the exp you get from pve once the bonus runs out is small, so while the bar does fill, it does so very slowly. I believe it's 50 per pve win and 200 per pvp win which is probably why it seemed like it wasn't filling.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

      Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • ShinGuard wrote:

      These games both amuse and frustrate me. 0-3 GG. Not really sure how reserves are going to fix that.
      Periwinkle Elite is one of the encounters almost universally agreed to be a 'problem'... even a lot of the people who like things as they are agree that Peri Elite is... silly.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

      Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • Eraia wrote:

      ShinGuard wrote:

      These games both amuse and frustrate me. 0-3 GG. Not really sure how reserves are going to fix that.
      Periwinkle Elite is one of the encounters almost universally agreed to be a 'problem'... even a lot of the people who like things as they are agree that Peri Elite is... silly.
      I find Elite Periwinkle to be the most inconsistent. If you kill the 1/4 that starts in play and Periwinkle has no ramp or no 5-drop, it's basically a free win. On the other hand, if Periwinkle plays double Crocosaur early on, any troop-based strategy basically loses on the spot.
    • Vroengard wrote:



      You want to be able to play cards? Have you tried them in the Campaign? I'm sure the deck will fare better there. And I'm pretty sure that you know it, now the question becomes why you ignore the fact. If, for example, I wanted to take this deck minus the artifact in Immortal, and I did bad, what would the community say when I asked for a total nerf of all future PvP cards so their respective power levels all flatline and we're able to play anything with exactly 50% win rate? How awesome would that deck variety and viability be?
      As you've already been told about seven billion times, the campaign in HEX is a completely static experience. You have one opponent to focus on, you know exactly what's coming, you have to work to get a new Mercenary if you want to try a new pairing... It has almost nothing to do with FRA, and it never has. Now this isn't new information - I know as a fact people have explained this to you already. It's not fun to build a whole new deck around completely predictable content.

      People are even OK with the challenge aspect. I like having to work for the wins against tough opponents, I like having to rethink my strategies against different encounters, I even like the Boss & Elite ideas. What I don't enjoy is being told "Don't bother with Spidermill, you can't use that. Ooh, or lifegain-based Cleric. Oh, might as well turf your swarm-based Shin'Hare deck while you're at it."

      If you do, hey, good on you. I actually hope they keep a masochist mode or something for the "hardcore Henry's" out there, because I think everyone should be able to have an "endgame" that's fun to them. But they've currently taken the "fun, random experimentation" FRA and utterly killed it, which is something many of us enjoyed.

      Your last line is a complete strawman, so I'm not even going to bother addressing it, as I'm sure you're well aware that's not what people are asking for. There's some wiggle room between "let me win every encounter" and "force me to use fast or Terrormill decks".
      Never shift in to reverse without a backup plan.
    • SaintVicarious wrote:

      Vroengard wrote:

      You want to be able to play cards? Have you tried them in the Campaign? I'm sure the deck will fare better there. And I'm pretty sure that you know it, now the question becomes why you ignore the fact. If, for example, I wanted to take this deck minus the artifact in Immortal, and I did bad, what would the community say when I asked for a total nerf of all future PvP cards so their respective power levels all flatline and we're able to play anything with exactly 50% win rate? How awesome would that deck variety and viability be?
      As you've already been told about seven billion times, the campaign in HEX is a completely static experience. You have one opponent to focus on, you know exactly what's coming, you have to work to get a new Mercenary if you want to try a new pairing... It has almost nothing to do with FRA, and it never has. Now this isn't new information - I know as a fact people have explained this to you already. It's not fun to build a whole new deck around completely predictable content.
      People are even OK with the challenge aspect. I like having to work for the wins against tough opponents, I like having to rethink my strategies against different encounters, I even like the Boss & Elite ideas. What I don't enjoy is being told "Don't bother with Spidermill, you can't use that. Ooh, or lifegain-based Cleric. Oh, might as well turf your swarm-based Shin'Hare deck while you're at it."

      If you do, hey, good on you. I actually hope they keep a masochist mode or something for the "hardcore Henry's" out there, because I think everyone should be able to have an "endgame" that's fun to them. But they've currently taken the "fun, random experimentation" FRA and utterly killed it, which is something many of us enjoyed.

      Your last line is a complete strawman, so I'm not even going to bother addressing it, as I'm sure you're well aware that's not what people are asking for. There's some wiggle room between "let me win every encounter" and "force me to use fast or Terrormill decks".
      I know i said it condescendingly last time but seriously would it make people a bit more happy to have a random encounter generator for the campaign map?
    • Wolzarg wrote:

      I know i said it condescendingly last time but seriously would it make people a bit more happy to have a random encounter generator for the campaign map?
      ............................. really? That's your response to people asking for a randomized end-game for their campaign characters?

      No. It wouldn't. Because most of the encounters on the campaign map have 0 rewards after first completion AND are absurdly easy. The few overworld maps that are not absurdly easy are puzzle encounters like AoM6, Gallows, etc. that are COMPLETELY broken if you don't have a deck catered perfectly to them.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

      Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • Eraia wrote:

      Wolzarg wrote:

      I know i said it condescendingly last time but seriously would it make people a bit more happy to have a random encounter generator for the campaign map?
      ............................. really? That's your response to people asking for a randomized end-game for their campaign characters?
      No. It wouldn't. Because most of the encounters on the campaign map have 0 rewards after first completion AND are absurdly easy. The few overworld maps that are not absurdly easy are puzzle encounters like AoM6, Gallows, etc. that are COMPLETELY broken if you don't have a deck catered perfectly to them.
      I clearly wasn't asking you since you will just find something to cry about. If you had a gold laying goose you would complain about the price of its fucking fooder.
    • Wolzarg wrote:

      I clearly wasn't asking you since you will just find something to cry about. If you had a gold laying goose you would complain about the price of its fucking fooder.
      Well that was unnecessary.

      I'm sorry that I shot down your terrible idea with logical criticism that you couldn't counter forcing you to your last resort: personal attacks.

      That was wrong of me. I shouldn't have backed you into a corner with your arch-nemesis: logic.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

      Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • To quote just one recent post

      SaintVicarious wrote:

      As you've already been told about seven billion times, the campaign in HEX is a completely static experience.

      So a random encounter generator would address that. And then we have 1 guy saying "Yes, it would probably help" and 1 guy saying "No, it wouldn't". So, clearly, when the "We don't like FRA for its difficulty, we don't like Campaign for its predictabiility" can't decide what they really want, I think it's logical for the rest of us to not have understood either.
    • Eraia wrote:

      Wolzarg wrote:

      I know i said it condescendingly last time but seriously would it make people a bit more happy to have a random encounter generator for the campaign map?
      ............................. really? That's your response to people asking for a randomized end-game for their campaign characters?
      No. It wouldn't. Because most of the encounters on the campaign map have 0 rewards after first completion AND are absurdly easy. The few overworld maps that are not absurdly easy are puzzle encounters like AoM6, Gallows, etc. that are COMPLETELY broken if you don't have a deck catered perfectly to them.
      It's a game. Free. They don't have to reward you in any case for playing. Having gold in the Arena is a bonus. If I want to farm gold I go in the campaign.
    • VicMan wrote:

      It's a game. Free. They don't have to reward you in any case for playing. Having gold in the Arena is a bonus. If I want to farm gold I go in the campaign.
      And I didn't complain about the arena rewards... the only thing I've commented on that subject is that they're too backloaded. But that's not part of this discussion...

      What I, at least, want when I state a 'non-static campaign experience' is a place I can go in stead of just mindlessly grinding dungeons to PROGRESS in the game. So I would expect rewards comparable to a dungeon, but with a more dynamic experience attached to it.

      A somewhat similar analog from a different genre would be something akin to Diablo 3's greater rifts.

      Once you start a rift, your party, cards, and equipment are locked. The rewards are based on the challenge level, but are comparable to those you'd earn in other game modes. The experience is randomized, but still challenging.

      Obviously, that's not a perfect analog, but that's the basics. A randomized, somewhat challenging experience for campaign characters. Because the campaign is far too static.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

      Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • SaintVicarious wrote:

      Wolzarg wrote:

      I know i said it condescendingly last time but seriously would it make people a bit more happy to have a random encounter generator for the campaign map?
      Probably. At the moment my Vennen and Necrotic characters have already hit level 15, and have seen every encounter. There's nothing else to do.
      Campaign ring arena Hardly a replacement for the real thing but a small stopgap maybe you can enjoy it.