DEAR DEVS: Some must needed changes

• DEAR DEVS: Some must needed changes

G'day!
      I figured I'd make this thread as there are some things in the game that bother me that I think are important and somewhat trivial to change.

1.) The summoning sickness effect is not prominent enough

While you can tell when looking hard enough, the subtle effect currently used is just not good enough. In the above picture the hail hawk on the right is the one that just entered play. I suggest adding a black smoke looking glow effect around the cards that have summoning sickness or at least something that stands out a lot more.

2.) Selecting specific or groups of attackers when lots of things are on the board is super floobs

Yes, I was lazy and used the above screenshot (doesn't show many troops) to represent what I think would work well. Simply put... a selection box. You could make it so the player holds down ctrl and then draws their selection box to select several troops at once, of course the ability to select a specific group of troops and then do it again as needed or even just normally clicking cards would be a thing.

3.) Updated / new UI for creating/loading decks

This has been bothering me for a while and I've already suggested this change, but figured there is no harm to mention it again ;)

So this is what we currently have...

What I'd like to see is something like this...

On clicking new deck you would be presented with a similar dialog box to what we have now, but with the addition of a group box in which you can type into or select from a drop down button to pick from an existing group.

Then when loading a deck you would be presented with a new dialog, something like this...

Basically from here you are just selecting the group you would like to look at, then you can use something similar to what we currently have to view the list of decks in that group (as seen above, this too could use a bit of polish and also a back button to get you back to the group selection easily).

You would also want the ability to move decks between groups, this could simply be added to the current drop down menu we have...

So adding 'Change Group' or something here would work.

4.) Ability to send decks/deck lists to other players

Arkansaw mentioned this below and I liked the idea and wanted to highlight/expand upon it.

I think it would be great if we could send deck lists to players in the mail, then when they redeem the list they can now load it up as if they had created it. On top of that it would also be nice to be able to send the cards along with it as an option... this would be especially good for myself as a streamer as it would be awesome to be able to do giveaways of decks for new players that I could send at the click of a button :)

Anyway, that is just some of the things I wanted to bring up. Mainly in the hope the devs will notice, but I'd also love community feedback on these suggestions as well as other things you all think are much needed changes, the easier to implement the better!

Cheers

HAVOC
      :)

Twitch —— YouTube —— Twitter —— Steam —— Patreon

The post was edited 2 times, last by HAVOC ().

• The Troop Trauma effect has been a huge annoyance for a long time now. +10 to changing that to something actually noticeable ASAP. The other ideas are good and useful too. :)
      --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
      - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well
    • Ossuary wrote:

The Troop Trauma effect has been a huge annoyance for a long time now. +10 to changing that to something actually noticeable ASAP. The other ideas are good and useful too. :)
      It actually got worse than it used to be fairly recently...

I used to have no problems being able to tell new summons from old... but it was either the set 7 or set 6 patch changed SOMETHING and made it way harder.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Eraia ().

• I completely agree with #1. Not sure what the best solution would be for #2, maybe just to be able to select a 5group with one click would be enough. The whole deck selection ui is bad. Not sure we need grouping, but we at least need a search function, and then maybe a way to tag decks (which is similar to grouping) also to filter by deck type (fra, standard, immortal)
    • +1 for summoning sickness being unintelligible. I'd definitely be happier if it was better indicated, if there was some new icon introduced (maybe an icon of a bed, in red? :P) and also if the newly summoned troops didn't pile on troops able to attack and vice versa.

Regarding the last bit, I don't know if it was a change with Frostheart (intended) or a bug, but 1. changing the stack to 6 troops (it was 5 before, if I am not mistaken) and 2. making them pile on each other makes selecting the troops you want for either Attacking or Blocking a H U G E pain.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Vroengard: Typos ().

• Vroengard wrote:

+1 for summoning sickness being unintelligible. I'd definitely be happier if it was better indicated, if there was some new icon introduced (maybe an icon of a bed, in red? :P) and also if the newly summoned troops didn't pile on troops able to attack and vice versa.

Regarding the last bit, I don't know if it was a change with Frostheart (intended) or a bug, but 1. changing the stack to 6 troops (it was 5 before, if I am not mistaken) and 2. making them pile on each other makes selecting the troops you want for either Attacking or Blocking a H U G E pain.
      Protip if you right click on a card in a stack to zoom and then unzoom they will split up where you can select them better.
    • I still despise the stupid lines they have for attacking and blocking creatures because 1) it looks tacky as hell and 2) you have a group of some kind of tokens (birds,candles dreadlings etc) then they all end up stacking on top of each other and its hard to tell which you've selected to attack with and even worse its hard to tell which ones you've blocked with,so your pretty much screwed if your trying to block with one specific token,anyways I really wish they would change this. /end rant
    • Eraia wrote:

Ossuary wrote:

The Troop Trauma effect has been a huge annoyance for a long time now. +10 to changing that to something actually noticeable ASAP. The other ideas are good and useful too. :)
      It actually got worse than it used to be fairly recently...
      I used to have no problems being able to tell new summons from old... but it was either the set 7 or set 6 patch changed SOMETHING and made it way harder.
      Yeah I'm pretty sure it got a lot worse with the Set 7 patch. If you look at videos from about 1 month ago it was still okay, and I never personally had a problem before the Set 7 patch.
      Selling anything I have for 50% cheaper than HexPrimal or BattleShopper! More information in this thread, just send me a message!
    • The big one for me is attacking and combat - the simplest solution would seem to be having anything selected for attacks move to the left so that attacking are on the left and non-attacking are on the right. Then with blocking when you assign a blocker it should line up on the left and match off with the attacker it is assigned to - this would keep all the nice lines as short as possible and actually become useful since they would no longer overlap. Selecting from groups also becomes easier since as each thing is selected it move out of the group.

In a truly ideal world we would be able to move both ours and our opponents troops at will to line them up how we want but absent that this seems like the most beneficial automation to me. Each player under the ideal scenario would see the troops lined up as they selected regardless of any changes opponents make on their view.
    • I would like a new deck storing system too. However, i think the mentioned category system is too weak. I would use custom labels what you assign to your decks (more labels for a single deck), and then you can search\list decks by the help of the labels. For example you can add the following labels for a deck: ruby, aggro, PVE, dungeon, Kukatan.
    • King wrote:

There was a way to know which troop has summoning sickness?
      Not "there was". "There is". If you squint enough, you'll see that some troops are "foggy". If you look at the middle Hail Hawk and then the third Hail Hawk, the third one (the ready) has slighty more grey-ish blue colour in its empty text box. The board used in the example though is especially bad, since there's a general cloudy atmosphere over all cards.