[CLOSED] Campaign Adventurer's Guide | Decklist repository | Champions | Mercenaries | Ships

• Oh my... I think I went full dark side again...

First run was 2-3-2-2-4-2... So many turn two wins! It is a small sample so your results may vary but by Kismet this iteration is fun to play!

Its not as fast as Red Ranger but there seem to be no end to the amount of abuse we can generate from Thonia!

The Wardens of Entrath is a large, open to public community of Hex enthusiasts with a mission to help and support Hex players and content creators alike!

Find us on our Discord server or website!
    • I've been gathering stuff to play this deck. Once I get the Locket of Lost Memories (last missing piece at level 2) I'm good to go. My Champion Arachbold and his spider Button (cute as) have already cleared Crayburn Castle and are currently awaiting my guidance somewhere on the Howling Plains.

I will be playing all of the campaign though, not skipping quests. Once I'm finished I'll then be using them as a major farming deck.

Thanks for all the hard work you've put into this.
      "Ignorant beliefs are stains upon the mind."
    • Transience wrote:

I've been gathering stuff to play this deck. Once I get the Locket of Lost Memories (last missing piece at level 2) I'm good to go. My Champion Arachbold and his spider Button (cute as) have already cleared Crayburn Castle and are currently awaiting my guidance somewhere on the Howling Plains.
      I will be playing all of the campaign though, not skipping quests. Once I'm finished I'll then be using them as a major farming deck.

Thanks for all the hard work you've put into this.
      Always glad to see that this content is useful! For the directive I'd say just play it and have fun! There are tons of quests and a lot of great challenges along the way. Keep in mind that the Big Spider build is very focused, so it is going to struggle vs specific encounters. If you see that the build doesn't answers these challenges very well, don't hesitate to start experimenting or ask questions here :)

The Wardens of Entrath is a large, open to public community of Hex enthusiasts with a mission to help and support Hex players and content creators alike!

• Well, I already have a decent amount of experience with the campaign. I finished AZ1 twice (doing everything) and am halfway through AZ2. So, I'm pretty sure I'm going to be fine. I'll bring in some merc help for the offbeat encounters.

I just wanted to build a really good farming deck + champion for the future and this one seemed one of the best. I was going to do the human warrior deck first that plays Ethereal Healer without diamond threshold but that doesn't work anymore. :p
      "Ignorant beliefs are stains upon the mind."
    • I went far into the dark side, then I took the red pill and jumped straight down the rabbit hole into Kismet's Dreamland and somehow I ended up with this iteration of Thonia's list...

Not sure what to call it, but the average turn win for this one is just insane! Here are the turn win results for the last 5 GMG runs I just did:
      1. 2-1-2-2-2-2
      2. 4-1-2-1-2-3
      3. 2-2-1-2-2-2
      4. 2-2-3-2-1-1
      5. 2-1-2-1-1-2
      As you can see, we're now getting regular first turn wins! And turn two is definitely the average.

About the list; I've included 2 Zodiac Divination that should be replaced with Tidal Eddy. I wasn't able to find two more on the AH this morning.

It is also the most complicated list I've had to pilot so far. Having a lot of fun with it. But you need to be careful if you play it, I ended up burring myself a few times on turn 1 and 2 because I was not careful enough when I was "going off".

Take it for a spin and let me know what you think! I'm close to being done fine-tuning it so expect it to be added to the guide soon :)

The post was edited 1 time, last by CoachFliperon ().

• Nice results! But I guess we shouldn't be surprised since any deck that can cycle like this one AND generate enough resources to play the Crowd Roars turn one would be pretty explosive. But then Crowd Roars is arguably broken...

My current build is averaging turn 3 wins. It doesn't ever seem to get a turn 1 win, but turn 2's are pretty frequent.
    • I've tried the prior two lists (not most current from Coach).
      The scariest thing with the bogberg/rummaging versions is being seriously scared of decking. The addition of cosmic totem makes sense. It would be pretty nice to consider 3-4 expensive quick troops or big quick actions to make better use of discarded resources at the end of turns... Maybe the Sapphire Flashpaw?

I tried Thonia in Kraken dungeon, which was not a good test for the 4 later encounters. They have much more health, and can negate / remove part of your deck, so decking out becomes a consistent threat. If Kraken dungeon is considered for running with Thonia, I'd play 2 Cosmic totems.

I'm glad you've moved away from Stingy Jack, I'm not sure about others, but if you hit a trick or treat at the end of your turn after having to discard, the game will permanently lock.

Oh, and one big card forgotten, if we are going the Ruby/Sapp route is Dream Dance plus feet equipment. It may be better than the Gain Ground with feet, because we would then have permanent discard on troops, and it's a way to get lady cass back for sometimes that crucially needed threshold for bogberg.
    • Yeah, I considered Cosmic Totem myself, but with my version I don't deck myself unless I'm careless anymore. After accidentally decking myself a couple of times, I learned when to hold what I have and just pass the turn. But with the Gobbler, that would probably be harder.

It funny you mention the quick stuff because I've thought about that too with all of the resources you can sometimes end a turn with. I actually have been running Sylviana as one of my mercs just to give one of my troops quick. It's not much, but it helps. Putting the Brides back in kind of hurt that strategy since they can get the quick. I'm probably going to take those back out because they really don't do that much.

I'm trying to avoid using the Crowd Roars because I get tired of abusing the same cards over and over, but it will obviously speed the deck up for more consistent turn 2 wins, and maybe some turn 1's, so maybe I'll just hold my nose and do it, lol
    • When I was testing this morning I wasn't giving the game full attention (and was burrying myself to defeat a decent amount). However, at soon as I started to pay attention it didn't happen anymore. The Cosmic Totem has been replaced with another Tide Eddy.

The Crowd Roar! is just a minor role player here. Its main use is to try and "gold fish" your way out of a bad mulligan. Most of the time, if you play it before the "end turn phase" you just end up nullifying the combo.

This new list plays very differently than the ones before. The goal is to end a turn with Crucible in play and more than 10 cards in hand. If you do you just win the game on the spot.

@NicoSharp I went away from Jack because of the bug. If it wasn't freezing the game, I'd likely try switching Roar for Jack. Dream dance is not what this last build needs. Hard to play cards that cost 2 that doesn't draw at least 2 on the spot. I'd likely be looking at Fuel the Fire if I'd be trying to grow the number of actions in the list.

Also, I went through a couple iterations of the list very fast. The shard base has to be given some serious thoughts now that I have a working prototype.

• Tryed the deck for one run, it can reliably kill on turn 2-3 my score was 3-3-2-1-2-2 but at least the first time i take a bit of time to chose what to do and to make the right chose.

I'm not a big fan of Crazed Rummaging since all the time i play it with Hand of the Black Crucible in hand i discard it, i may consider adding a couple of Rise Again (also good for damage).

I don't feel Dream Dance is the right addition to the deck.

Shard base is a bit of a mess, but Shard Prism and Lady Cassandra AA help a lot.

in the end it feel like it miss something to be real a top deck.

What about a couple of Walking Calamity? 10 damage and chance to redraw it don't look bad.
    • Graydeath wrote:

Tryed the deck for one run, it can reliably kill on turn 2-3 my score was 3-3-2-1-2-2 but at least the first time i take a bit of time to chose what to do and to make the right chose.

I'm not a big fan of Crazed Rummaging since all the time i play it with Hand of the Black Crucible in hand i discard it, i may consider adding a couple of Rise Again (also good for damage).

I don't feel Dream Dance is the right addition to the deck.

Shard base is a bit of a mess, but Shard Prism and Lady Cassandra AA help a lot.

in the end it feel like it miss something to be real a top deck.

What about a couple of Walking Calamity? 10 damage and chance to redraw it don't look bad.
      After a few runs you should be able to get to 1-2 average and sometimes 3+. Sequencing makes or breaks the deck, and the lines are very complex. That is why I'm having fun with it. It feels like the more I play it, the better it gets. There is a very high ceiling for rewarding a player's skills on this one.

Crazed Rummaging is the big payout for the deck, I would not run the list without it. Even when it removes Crucible from your hand it puts you ahead by a fair margin none the less.

I like the Calamity plan. There might be a way to generate an infinite or near infinite loop with it to significantly crank up its damage output. I'll try to see if I can figure this one out.

• I'll do some testing with Dream Dance - you can even put Crazed Rummaging on top, and redraw it with any other card draw. I feel like it's mechanic is being slightly undervalued with equipment, but I'll do the dirty to see if it's useless or not. Good list and ideas, Bogberg with Clarity equip will likely be a beast, even though I haven't had a chance to test it yet.
    • CoachFliperon wrote:

This new list plays very differently than the ones before. The goal is to end a turn with Crucible in play and more than 10 cards in hand. If you do you just win the game on the spot.
      Yeah, that's what I've been saying since I originally posted this deck shell. I was posting about the "drop the Black Crucible and end the turn for the win" since the beginning. I mean, I know you're the famous Coach and all the, but give is little guys a little credit here and there too ;)
    • KozHex wrote:

CoachFliperon wrote:

Yeah, that's what I've been saying since I originally posted this deck shell. I was posting about the "drop the Black Crucible and end the turn for the win" since the beginning. I mean, I know you're the famous Coach and all the, but give is little guys a little credit here and there too ;)
      I have no problem giving credit where it is due don't worry. This one is shaping up to be the fruit of a nice collaboration from the fine players in this thread :)

Will be streaming while working on a new iteration of the list in about 10 min!

• Alright guys, this is it! I don't think I can squeeze much more out of Thonia for tonight!

We ended up with a list that had 75% win rate on turn 1 and more than 90% for turn two and lower! This is definitely getting nerfed one way or another before we get our hands on the next PVE content! Enjoy it while it lasts!

Improvement lefts to be done would be to somehow make it so that it takes less clicks to get the combo going. Will be working on adding a proper entry, along with the other Thonia builds that were submitted somewhere tomorrow.

• I've found that something somewhat consistently makes Crimson Clarity behave oddly--I believe it may be related to Cassandra providing threshold, but more likely it seems to be if you use Thonia's resource discard to gain resources. Even if you have a ruby threshold and sufficient resources, Crimson Clarity in-hand don't show as playable when you're in a phase that should otherwise be able to play basic actions.
    • Blackwood wrote:

I've found that something somewhat consistently makes Crimson Clarity behave oddly--I believe it may be related to Cassandra providing threshold, but more likely it seems to be if you use Thonia's resource discard to gain resources. Even if you have a ruby threshold and sufficient resources, Crimson Clarity in-hand don't show as playable when you're in a phase that should otherwise be able to play basic actions.

If you are using the Crimson Clarity equipment, it requires a target in your hand. This is a primary reason to switch from that equipment to the gobbler goggles instead.