Pinned [CLOSED] Campaign Adventurer's Guide | Decklist repository | Champions | Mercenaries | Ships

• Lasciele wrote:

Thanks, that really got me started. I'm pretty bad at deck building so far, the AH was pretty rough (no Painbreeder or skitter of the arachnid, but I do have Chronic Madness, Exarch of the Egg and Zin'xith Silk so I did some quick substitutions along with throwing in a Phenteo the Brood Priest I had laying around.
      I just sent you a couple Painbreeders and Skitters to get you started. :)
    • Super budget Baxoth of Korru deck: hex.tcgbrowser.com/#!/deck=195879

If you've done the beginning of the Vennen campaign 4 times, you can probably get the whole deck for less than 300 platinum. If you were lucky with your packs (got some Dream Spiders in the Tranquil Dream dungeon...), you can get it for even less.
      It struggles in the great machine graveyard and relies a little bit on luck against the last 2 encounters of Devonshire Keep, but it can beat every other dungeon consistently.
    • So, I'm looking for some card tips.

I'm trying to build a 100-card singleton Shin'hare deck for campaign. The deck can only contain 1 copy of each card, except for standard resources. I've dubbed the work in progress 'Snowflake Bunnies'. ^^

Obviously, I'm not looking for power but for fun and roleplay. Yet, the deck does have to perform well enough to be able to beat most PVE battles, at least in a reasonably low number of attempts.

I haven't decided on a champion yet. It's going to be either Shin'hare cleric or Shin'hare mage. I already have a Shin'hare Warrior campaign running. (edit: I guess ranger is now possible as well, haven't looked at that class yet). A mercenary is also an option, although I don't know which one. I am not very knowledgeable about those yet.

I've already selected most of the bunnies that I want in the deck as well as the resources, but there are about 15 to 25 slots open for other cards and I'm wondering how to use these slots to full potential and still be a little thematic. Does anybody have a good idea for this? I could of course go for a bit of wild ramp and a bit of blood removal and sacrifice to make the deck stronger but i'm wondering if there is some system that I can abuse that fits this deck or for power cards that act similar to what cards like exiled bard and tale of destiny do for unique troops or blessing the fallen for inspire troops. That sort of thing. I'm still pretty new to the game so I may not be aware of all the existing niche cards.

Any idea is welcome. :)

edit: this is the current deck draft. Some bunnies probably will be removed after consideration but I think i've got all of the good ones at least.

hex.tcgbrowser.com/#!/deck=202401
      "Ignorant beliefs are stains upon the mind."
    • Had some fun making up this (admittedly pricey) Thonia deck: hex.tcgbrowser.com/#!/deck=203386

Tomeseeker is an MVP of the deck and getting her early is huge. Wrenlocke is good as well to help with the draw engine. And, with Dream Dance in play, as long as you keep drawing Shards, your 2 cost Troops (Like Tomeseeker, Anarchist and Scallath) are effectively free.

Additional notes:
      - It's expensive. It's also got 85 cards in it, so feel free to drop Bogberg, The Crowd Roars, Crackling Vortex, and Bird o' Plenty if you don't have them. If you have them, keep them in. Having a big deck is actually good to prevent you from decking yourself (which is a serious possibility if you do something like play Bogberg with a handful of actions)
      - MVPs are Forbidden Tomeseeker, Scrap Rummager, and Archmage Wrenlocke.
      - Shift Tomeseeker's ability onto Scallath. Unblockable damage that grows as you draw cards is kinda crazy.
      - If you've got charges and want to draw cards, use your charge power on Crazed Rummaging, Gain Ground, Soothsaying and Dream Dance (in increasing order of priority).
      - Wrong Turn's great against whoever their annoying guy is. Don't be afraid to use your charge power on a resource early to accelerate into Wrong Turn to get rid of some big guy who was on the field early.

It takes a bit of re-thinking to play the deck, but once you do it's fun and combo-licious. I'm sure there are improvements that can be done, but it's been crazy fun for me so far. I've played it with Thonia unleveled, but having her leveled would make using her Charge powered even more awesome since it'll cause your opponent to discard cards as well allowing you to a) gain resources, b) gain health, or c) draw cards.
    • TheDarkKnight wrote:

all the non diamond etheral decks like the davian ones would not be viable anymore maybe remove them from list to keep it up to date?
      I need to spend a few hours cleaning up the lists there. Also, lots of lists are not up to date. I'll start adding the patch number for each list, that way it should be clear which ones are updated or not. Maybe add a "last reviewed" date as well. Either way, I'll be going through all lists soon.

Also, expect new gameplay content related to the lists in the guide on my Youtube channel in the very near future. Got a new project in motion that should provide even more value to the Guide!
      @Twitch - @Twitter - @Youtube

"A Gall's fortune is sometimes good and sometimes bad, but always true."
    • To add support to this guide, I may start adding bounties that can be claimed for people who come up with deck lists for non-existent or lacking combinations.

Most likely for peer-reviewed and optimal/farming (general) decks similarly to Frost Ring Arena decks.

I feel like PvE theorycrafting needs more of a kick-start. I don't have an ETA yet as I'm still thinking on how best to approach this with this concept though.
      HEX Support | HEX CoC | HEX T&C

Twitch | Steam | HEX Furs Telegram | Sterling Starwatcher
    • Kami wrote:

To add support to this guide, I may start adding bounties that can be claimed for people who come up with deck lists for non-existent or lacking combinations.

Most likely for peer-reviewed and optimal/farming (general) decks similarly to Frost Ring Arena decks.

I feel like PvE theorycrafting needs more of a kick-start. I don't have an ETA yet as I'm still thinking on how best to approach this with this concept though.
      That would be much appreciated and awesome! There are still many things to explore in PVE right now. More so, theoretically next big release will be PVE related, hopefully not too far off. My goal is to get at least two lists going for each mercs ( a free form one and a budget one ) and classes combinations at max level before we get the next PVE patch going.

So much to do, so little time!

• Speaking of new projects, I put together a very "rough" pilot to what I'll be starting to produce on a regular basis.

Since it would be PVE content, I figured this would be the perfect place to get a few of Hex finest to "proof read" or rather "proof watch" this pilot.

In short, I'll be creating two parts videos presenting PVE lists. The first part will be presenting the champion/mercenary used (powers, passives, talents, etc.), the party members you want to use and finally the deck list with its equipment. The second part would be a run through the "highest" dungeon released at the time or a relevant play session with the deck (boats would obviously be played on the Alachian Sea!). I'll also be making sure to credit whoever created the list and maybe even have their word or a short appearance perhaps later down the road once my production pipeline going well.

For the purposes of this pilot, I used the Thonia list I've been recently using to level up my characters that were not level 15 yet. Please keep in mind that the videos don't include any intro/title/splash screens/outro/etc. Just want to get your feedback on the format and to know if presenting the deck in this manner would make sense to you guys.
      Let me know what you think and how you would prefer to see/watch/digest this kind of content!

• CoachFliperon wrote:

Speaking of new projects, I put together a very "rough" pilot to what I'll be starting to produce on a regular basis.

Since it would be PVE content, I figured this would be the perfect place to get a few of Hex finest to "proof read" or rather "proof watch" this pilot.

In short, I'll be creating two parts videos presenting PVE lists. The first part will be presenting the champion/mercenary used (powers, passives, talents, etc.), the party members you want to use and finally the deck list with its equipment. The second part would be a run through the "highest" dungeon released at the time or a relevant play session with the deck (boats would obviously be played on the Alachian Sea!). I'll also be making sure to credit whoever created the list and maybe even have their word or a short appearance perhaps later down the road once my production pipeline going well.

For the purposes of this pilot, I used the Thonia list I've been recently using to level up my characters that were not level 15 yet. Please keep in mind that the videos don't include any intro/title/splash screens/outro/etc. Just want to get your feedback on the format and to know if presenting the deck in this manner would make sense to you guys.
      Let me know what you think and how you would prefer to see/watch/digest this kind of content!
      For those of us who don't really watch videos, could we also get a link to the deck?
    • Things are coming along well for the video series! Was able to make progress on an opening sequence for the videos. For someone who just started to learn video editing last night I'm fairly pleased with the result.

If things continues to go that well, I may even be ready to start the series next week.

Here is a sneak peek!

• CoachFliperon wrote:

Speaking of new projects, I put together a very "rough" pilot to what I'll be starting to produce on a regular basis.

Nice Deck, i'm trying a budget version playing Mindwrack Sorcerer + head eqip in place of the bride

Nice vieo too, will help a lot inexperienced player to figure what decks do and how to play them
    • Coach - I really like the Thonia content - I was able to watch both videos. I think you could do a bit more tweaking to the list, 1) to make it more budget friendly, yet explosive, and 2) to fix the playables slightly.

My suggestions for 1) +4 Mindwrack (as Gray mentioned above) - 4 Bride
      My suggestions for 2) -2 Blood Shard, +2 Spectral Acorn; -4 Blood Favor, +4 Arachnophobia or +4 Crackling Torment with Feet equipment(making it 2 cost and you can choose the card from their hand) - Strangle doesn't really seem like the perfect fit either, but in terms of farming dungeons, I can see why you prefer to prioritize the heavy removal options with Bride.

What you are doing is very commendable and ambitious. Thank you. I know how time consuming it can be to update and create content like this!