Pinned Campaign Adventurer's Guide | Decklist repository | Champions | Mercenaries | Ships

• New

CoachFliperon wrote:

I see this the other way around. Having acorns makes it so that you get more of what you need (whatever it is). There is enough redundancy in the list, not to mention a free mulligan, that having acorns in starting hand while also making the mulligan decision difficult should be extremely rare. You literally just need 2 ice (any) and 2 ruby shards to ensure the combo works. Any other cards in your hand are completely irrelevant (acorn or otherwise). From my limited testing so far, Acorns were just another card in the winning hands. However, when the first Ice backfires and I only had one, I was always glad to have Acorns around as they were strictly better than a Ruby shards when it mattered.
      Either way, deck works fine regardless so have it however you like!
      My list only needs a single Ice to work. I have tried a version that needs both Ices. In that version, I would just mulligan until I have two Ices, and restart if I don't, because taking the chance with an 1 Ice hand is a waste of time IMO, acorn or otherwise. Personally, I prefer to see all 7 cards in my hand than to take a chance on a 6 + 1. At least with Ruby Shards, I can see and know I should mulligan right away and not bet on Kismet's feeling of me. With acorn, I can't know, and there's a bigger chance(even though it's like 60% vs 40%) it is going to fetch me another ruby shards anyway. As for it being another card in the winning hands, then it doesn't really matter if it's a ruby shard or an acorn, which to me further the idea that acorn isn't important in this deck.

That's just my opinion, I guess it is down to what kind of chance you prefer to take, I just prefer to have better mulligans.

AxelDWater wrote:

I tried Vennen ranger. 61 cards in total. 1 Xocoy, 4 Ruby Ice, 8 other Ices, 3 Acorns and the rest Ruby Resources. At the talent tree you have to avoid banes and take Chew Toy, Bonded for Life and Improvised Firebomb. Mercs are Spirit of Triumverate, Corporal Hadrian and Clatterclank. This deck wins T2 or T3 max. If you hit Ruby Ice, it's T2, if not, it's T3. Our extra charges help our Unblockable Pet reach enough attack to help Xocoy. Xocoy uses mobilize on Chew Toy, Improvised Firebomb stalls opponent if we go for T3 and gives two more damage. Usually I do not rush to Scutt but I also do the optional encounters cause I find this path more profitable with this speed of deck, plus it lowers up our Mega Bot forbthose extra damage. The unlucky scenario, is Scutt to use Scrap Bomb but still we have our pet. To conclude, I prefer this build vs the classic Ranger Farming build cause I find it faster and I use less clicks. ***( for Scrap bomb scenario I think we can use that merc that gives +1atk+1def - I haven't got him - or we can use a second Xocoy for the next turn, but then we need Spirit of Triumverate upgraded)
      Your Mega-Bot would have shielding if you do the mega-bot encounters so Scutt's Scrap Bomb, even all 4 in a turn, should not be of effect to you and your troop.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Goliathus ().

• New

AxelDWater wrote:

I tried Vennen ranger. 61 cards in total. 1 Xocoy( minor Ranger's gem and major ruby for double damage ), 4 Ruby Ice, 8 other Ices, 3 Acorns and the rest Ruby Resources. At the talent tree you have to avoid banes and take Chew Toy, Bonded for Life and Improvised Firebomb. Mercs are Spirit of Triumverate, Corporal Hadrian and Clatterclank. This deck wins T2 or T3 max. If you hit Ruby Ice, it's T2, if not, it's T3. Our extra charges help our Unblockable Pet reach enough attack to help Xocoy. Xocoy uses mobilize on Chew Toy, Improvised Firebomb stalls opponent if we go for T3 and gives two more damage. Usually I do not rush to Scutt but I also do the optional encounters cause I find this path more profitable with this speed of deck, plus it lowers up our Mega Bot forbthose extra damage. The unlucky scenario, is Scutt to use Scrap Bomb but still we have our pet. To conclude, I prefer this build vs the classic Ranger Farming build cause I find it faster and I use less clicks. ***( for Scrap bomb scenario I think we can use that merc that gives +1atk+1def - I haven't got him - or we can use a second Xocoy for the next turn, but then we need Spirit of Triumverate upgraded)
      I am so sad you didn't post this 1 hour earlier. I was in the process of recording this week's Adventurer's Log about all the shades of Xocoy and you sneaky post the literal best one so that I don't see it in time! X/

I made some adjustments but the Vennen Ranger is by far the most consistent of them all with about 2-3 more clicks per fights. I guess I'll have to record something just for it in the next few days!

I think the 12 ice shards could be refined, I didn't run this in the calculator just yet. Also, for talents, this is what you should go for: In short, Scattershot is miles better than Firebomb just because of the second fight (since your pet ensures at least 1 of the two 4/1 crush will die because of the mark) and the boss fight.

You didn't mention it but it still needs to be played "on the draw" every fight to be able to attack with the spider on your first turn. And with Scattershot + Overwatch, you are perfectly safe to do so in every encounter.

The beauty of the configuration is that between the spider and Xocoy you deal exactly 32 damage by turn two (on the draw) with a ruby shard which is Scutt's health! I just aggressively mulligan for Ruby Ice.
      @Twitch - @Twitter - @Youtube

"A Gall's fortune is sometimes good and sometimes bad, but always true."
    • New

CoachFliperon wrote:

AxelDWater wrote:

I tried Vennen ranger. 61 cards in total. 1 Xocoy( minor Ranger's gem and major ruby for double damage ), 4 Ruby Ice, 8 other Ices, 3 Acorns and the rest Ruby Resources. At the talent tree you have to avoid banes and take Chew Toy, Bonded for Life and Improvised Firebomb. Mercs are Spirit of Triumverate, Corporal Hadrian and Clatterclank. This deck wins T2 or T3 max. If you hit Ruby Ice, it's T2, if not, it's T3. Our extra charges help our Unblockable Pet reach enough attack to help Xocoy. Xocoy uses mobilize on Chew Toy, Improvised Firebomb stalls opponent if we go for T3 and gives two more damage. Usually I do not rush to Scutt but I also do the optional encounters cause I find this path more profitable with this speed of deck, plus it lowers up our Mega Bot forbthose extra damage. The unlucky scenario, is Scutt to use Scrap Bomb but still we have our pet. To conclude, I prefer this build vs the classic Ranger Farming build cause I find it faster and I use less clicks. ***( for Scrap bomb scenario I think we can use that merc that gives +1atk+1def - I haven't got him - or we can use a second Xocoy for the next turn, but then we need Spirit of Triumverate upgraded)
      I am so sad you didn't post this 1 hour earlier. I was in the process of recording this week's Adventurer's Log about all the shades of Xocoy and you sneaky post the literal best one so that I don't see it in time! X/
      I made some adjustments but the Vennen Ranger is by far the most consistent of them all with about 2-3 more clicks per fights. I guess I'll have to record something just for it in the next few days!

I think the 12 ice shards could be refined, I didn't run this in the calculator just yet. Also, for talents, this is what you should go for: In short, Scattershot is miles better than Firebomb just because of the second fight (since your pet ensures at least 1 of the two 4/1 crush will die because of the mark) and the boss fight.

You didn't mention it but it still needs to be played "on the draw" every fight to be able to attack with the spider on your first turn. And with Scattershot + Overwatch, you are perfectly safe to do so in every encounter.

The beauty of the configuration is that between the spider and Xocoy you deal exactly 32 damage by turn two (on the draw) with a ruby shard which is Scutt's health! I just aggressively mulligan for Ruby Ice.
      Thank you for the tips and info, I am gonna try it now. Also, by the way, have you noticed that the ruby ice always appears at the leftmost of hand, then Ruby resources, then Sapphire ice, then Wild ice, then Xocoy?? I did about 5 runs yesterday and it was always the same. The cards of the first hand seem to appear in alphabetical order which doesn't look so random. ?(

The post was edited 1 time, last by AxelDWater ().

• New

AxelDWater wrote:

Also, by the way, have you noticed that the ruby ice always appears at the leftmost of hand, then Ruby resources, then Sapphire ice, then Wild ice, then Xocoy?? I did about 5 runs yesterday and it was always the same. The cards of the first hand seem to appear in alphabetical order which doesn't look so random.
      The cards in your hand are always sorted by card type, cost, and - presumably, haven't really bothered to observe that - name. That is, unless you manually adjust your hand.