Pinned Campaign Adventurer's Guide | Decklist repository | Champions | Mercenaries | Ships

• CoachFliperon wrote:

It is also for situations like this that I am contemplating creating a group so that the most dedicated PVE players can have sneak peek of the lists before they become public. More on that in the upcoming weeks!
      This would be amazingly awesome! I don't know what it would take to have access on that list, but I would be willing to donate to the cause. :)
    • CoachFliperon wrote:

Nonetheless, as the game become bigger these things should be a bit less impact-full and/or over a shorter period of time. At least that is what I hope!

It is also for situations like this that I am contemplating creating a group so that the most dedicated PVE players can have sneak peek of the lists before they become public. More on that in the upcoming weeks!
      ---------------------------------
      If market is an issue you can buy them up yourself and give them away (after recouping costs) or resell and do something with the plat.
    • CoachFliperon wrote:

Just added a Pheteo's Gift Bury Budget list for Frost Ring Arena. All cards can easily be farmed from the campaign beside one cards from the new set!
      Even though Cronic Madness has appeared to spike in price recently, people might be able to get them relatively cheap by buying convocation 2016 packs and get lucky?! It's one of the first upgrades to the budget deck you posted that imo greatly improves milling and can make it a wincon when you don't hit any Phenteo's Gift.
    • what are you replacing for chronic madness.

this is a deck i found doing searching through tcg browser. very close to yours with a couple different choices thought on this vs the one you posted mainly why the cards you put in are stronger choices. for example saw no acorns(def budget), chronic madness(so so can argue budget or not), morsels instead you used jack hat, arcane focus, and tides. Just curious in those choices over the ones that dude made. not saying bad just curious why so i know whats better to run in long run.

hex.tcgbrowser.com/#!/deck=239080
    • TheDarkKnight wrote:

what are you replacing for chronic madness.

this is a deck i found doing searching through tcg browser. very close to yours with a couple different choices thought on this vs the one you posted mainly why the cards you put in are stronger choices. for example saw no acorns(def budget), chronic madness(so so can argue budget or not), morsels instead you used jack hat, arcane focus, and tides. Just curious in those choices over the ones that dude made. not saying bad just curious why so i know whats better to run in long run.

hex.tcgbrowser.com/#!/deck=239080

The budget build is an aggregation of what most players play without the chronic madness or other high end removal that usually comes with it. It is not a fully tested build though. The first thing I'd likely change tuning the deck is trading the Parrots into a set of Acorns. Acorns are VERY cheap to by and you never need more than 4.

Chronic madness is also not needed. I'm not even sure it is an optimal choice for the list either. When you are running Fever Bloom, you'd much rather have things like Cult or Lookout. Yes it is good when you draw more but you would likely remove a "bury" enabler to play it. You could remove the Parrots for Chronic Madness but the short testing I did with the list didn't give them the impression that it was missing out on Bury effect. In most scenario, what I wanted is more card draw to get to one of the four copies of Gift. I have won by pure bury many games just by having a single Lookout with a Fever Bloom in play as soon as turn 4-5!

Morsel with equip is one of these cards that sound good in theory but that in practice... it is a week bury card AND a week draw card. Losing the equip on Crackling Tide is also significant. Many times I have won games by protecting Lookout with it or just buying one or two more turns to survive long enough for the "bury" plan to be viable.

Again, all these comments made with small amount of testing. I would definitely play with the list, especially to get a good play experience with Morsel to be able to better judge the power level of the card in the context of the new arena.
      @Twitch - @Twitter - @Youtube

"A Gall's fortune is sometimes good and sometimes bad, but always true."
    • Hope everyone is having as much of a blast playing the new FRA as I have! The problem is that I'm especially limited on time this week so no Adventurer's Log and no additional videos for the near future.

Worked out some timing on the favorite archetype to clear FRA so far (Bury + Gift) and compared it to the tron build. They were very close in time for fights where there was minimum pressure. The Tron list gets the edge anytime the Bury list needs to rely on Phenteo's Gift however.

Short version of the story, if you have the Tron list or you are very hardcore about farming while doing prefects consistently, Tron is the way to go. Anyone that has a remotely limited budget should default to Bury Gift for now.

The Fateweave Gambit list is likely he fastest kill however, but don't expect consistent perfect runs with it. It can definitely clear most encounters in a minimum amount of time however!

If you have or see any list that might be faster, let us know!

• Good morning guys!

What a crazy couple weeks! Had barely enough time to follow up on Hex related things let alone playtest and theorycraft. However, something came out of the Frostheart update that I had to showcase. It is the new 1 card, Xocoy Elf warrior deck that has a guaranteed turn 2 kill in GMG. It is currently THE best gold farming deck for Hex. It is so good that dedicated farmers should be able to farm ONE PACK worth of gold per hour!

I know, crazy stuff! However, this is likely not going to be allowed for too long so if you are looking to farm gold, you most definitely want to look this week's Adventurer's log episode!
      Have fun and see you soon for a new update to the guide!

The post was edited 1 time, last by CoachFliperon ().

• New

Nicely done @CoachFliperon

I didn't watch the entire video, so not sure if you pointed that out.

As long as you stick with the elf warrior, using Hadrian as the third merc might be okay, as it speeds up your game by 1 round if you have 2 ruby ice in your opening hand.

Turn 1, Ruby Ice
      Turn 2, Ruby Ice; then charge power to ramp; if you have Xocoy, play it and win; if you have the War Machine, you are guaranteed to draw Xocoy right away and win.

Sure, that's a rather rare situation, but might still be somewhat interesting.

---

But in general, Human Warrior might be the way to go, as the buff on charge power and the additional merc slot are just too good. That would make Xocoy a 8-power, rage 7 troop with flight, speed, and steadfast, ready to go between turn 2 and 4. turn 3 and 4 (I forgot we lose the cost reduction of the level 15 elf).
    • New

TheGreatCulling wrote:

Nicely done @CoachFliperon

I didn't watch the entire video, so not sure if you pointed that out.

As long as you stick with the elf warrior, using Hadrian as the third merc might be okay, as it speeds up your game by 1 round if you have 2 ruby ice in your opening hand.

Turn 1, Ruby Ice
      Turn 2, Ruby Ice; then charge power to ramp; if you have Xocoy, play it and win; if you have the War Machine, you are guaranteed to draw Xocoy right away and win.

Sure, that's a rather rare situation, but might still be somewhat interesting.

---

But in general, Human Warrior might be the way to go, as the buff on charge power and the additional merc slot are just too good. That would make Xocoy a 8-power, rage 7 troop with flight, speed, and steadfast, ready to go between turn 2 and 4. turn 3 and 4 (I forgot we lose the cost reduction of the level 15
      Something to explore for sure!

• New

CoachFliperon wrote:

I'm a poooooooor, lonesome Xocoy... But I'm still farming much gold!

We did some theorycrafting on Xocoy last night... turns out we still have two viable "Lone Xocoy" build around and they are still competitive gold farming options!

Expect an Adventurer's Log episode on them very soon!
      Any chance you can post deck lists (plus mercs/talents) for both options? I think got the deck for the Elf Warrior version (36x Ruby Shards, 4x all Ice Shards, 3x Spectral Acorns, 1x Xocoy w/Minor Ruby of Zeal and Warrior's Major Orb of Berserking), but it'd be nice to make sure I got it all and to see what the other Xocoy deck was you were playing with (had limited time this morning at work to skip through the video).

Thanks for all the theory crafting. My gold balance really appreciates it!
    • New

I agree with there Permafrost but it's there to make t1 non-Ruby Ice,t2 Xocoy work (if you played ruby if your permafrost is just as good as a Ruby shard). It makes a very occasional no-ruby (would be 1 if it was Ruby) starting hand viable so not at all important if you don't have them but there's no downside if you do.

Taking Double damage to avoid the War Machine is ok but I think my preference for a general deck (not aimed at a specific dungeon) would be to have Swiftstrike and Rage gems. The rage more than makes up for the loss of gladiator (by the time you've swung more than once) and I believe war machine is not that big a problem.
    • New

I have found a minimal adjustment build that works post-nerf for farming purpose, as in I am designing it based on GMG solely.

Cards:
      39x Shards
      4x all Ices
      1x Xocoy(Double Damage Gem + Gladiator 1 Gem) which will be 6/5 when he's out

No acorn because I absolutely hate acorn in this deck. This deck is all about the starting hand mulligan until you have the 2TK(1x Ruby Ice + 1x Ruby Shards + no Xocoy) and if no, 3TK(any non-Ruby Ice). You really don't need deck trimming. What acorn does is making one card(or more) in your hand unknown, which IMO is very stupid. I am looking for Ruby Ice, I don't want to have an unknown in my hand that might not hit the Ice when I don't have one.

Mercs: Upgraded Spirit of Triumvirate, Sing'lar, Hawkor

Talent:
      hex.tcgbrowser.com/talents/#RW…laGlqbHBxd8OFw4bDh8OIw4k=

You don't need much aside from the essential. As we are going for Berserking, the Castle Wall is essential as a safeguard against early aggro.

Damage:
      4(Battle) + 13(Xocoy's first swing) + 13(Xocoy's first swing) = 30

How do you deal with Scutt's 32 HP? Easy. Swing once with your Mega-Bot for the at least 2 damage. I would also point out that for farming, you should be doing the three fights(better gold/minute than Scutt rush) that upgrades the Mega-Bot so you should have the 4/5 Mega-Bot by the time you get to Scutt and landing one hit with that thing isn't hard.
    • New

@Timlagor War machine is a problem because it makes 50% of your turn 1 fateweave not find Xocoy. Meaning that (1) your t3 Xocoy are more often and (2) your opening hand needs 2 Ice. Having half your games that could end in t2 end in t3 is kind of a big deal.

Swifstrike offers nothing in GMG because there are 0 SKyguard troops and the 1.1 flier has speed and is always exhausted from attacking during your turn.

@Goliathus Strictly a worse deck than what I posted above: Less chances for t2 Xocoy, less gold/minute gained (because at the very luckiest draws it can be as fast as the human one and still miss 3% extra gold that the human passive offers), less damage (default 30 compared to the human 34).
    • New

@Vroengard
      It's more of an alternative option for people who don't want to level up a human warrior and a lot of changes from the original, hence "minimal adjustment build".

Your deck does have much better stats on the things you mentioned but:

1. My Xocoy is 6/5 and Scrap Bomb-proof(if we ignore the extremely rare chance of double Scrap Bomb), that's not a big pro but a pro nonetheless.
      2. I find the 4 extra damage to be irrelevant in GMG, which is the current farming spot.
    • New

Goliathus wrote:

No acorn because I absolutely hate acorn in this deck. This deck is all about the starting hand mulligan until you have the 2TK(1x Ruby Ice + 1x Ruby Shards + no Xocoy) and if no, 3TK(any non-Ruby Ice). You really don't need deck trimming. What acorn does is making one card(or more) in your hand unknown, which IMO is very stupid. I am looking for Ruby Ice, I don't want to have an unknown in my hand that might not hit the Ice when I don't have one.
      I see this the other way around. Having acorns makes it so that you get more of what you need (whatever it is). There is enough redundancy in the list, not to mention a free mulligan, that having acorns in starting hand while also making the mulligan decision difficult should be extremely rare. You literally just need 2 ice (any) and 2 ruby shards to ensure the combo works. Any other cards in your hand are completely irrelevant (acorn or otherwise). From my limited testing so far, Acorns were just another card in the winning hands. However, when the first Ice backfires and I only had one, I was always glad to have Acorns around as they were strictly better than a Ruby shards when it mattered.

Either way, deck works fine regardless so have it however you like!

• New

I tried Vennen ranger. 61 cards in total. 1 Xocoy( minor Ranger's gem and major ruby for double damage ), 4 Ruby Ice, 8 other Ices, 3 Acorns and the rest Ruby Resources. At the talent tree you have to avoid banes and take Chew Toy, Bonded for Life and Improvised Firebomb. Mercs are Spirit of Triumverate, Corporal Hadrian and Clatterclank. This deck wins T2 or T3 max. If you hit Ruby Ice, it's T2, if not, it's T3. Our extra charges help our Unblockable Pet reach enough attack to help Xocoy. Xocoy uses mobilize on Chew Toy, Improvised Firebomb stalls opponent if we go for T3 and gives two more damage. Usually I do not rush to Scutt but I also do the optional encounters cause I find this path more profitable with this speed of deck, plus it lowers up our Mega Bot forbthose extra damage. The unlucky scenario, is Scutt to use Scrap Bomb but still we have our pet. To conclude, I prefer this build vs the classic Ranger Farming build cause I find it faster and I use less clicks. ***( for Scrap bomb scenario I think we can use that merc that gives +1atk+1def - I haven't got him - or we can use a second Xocoy for the next turn, but then we need Spirit of Triumverate upgraded)

The post was edited 2 times, last by AxelDWater ().