Pinned Campaign Adventurer's Guide | Decklist repository | Champions | Mercenaries | Ships

• Transience wrote:

Where can I see what upgrades I have chosen for my ship?
      While playing?
      Go back to port or play a game and work out what benefit you are getting.

For a decklist?
      Look for a comment/description.
      Mostly people seem to like the Crew options (look for 1cost rares and 2cost uncommons; possibly 1-ofs and maybe off-shard).
      Otherwise does the deck want/get a lot of charges and therefore need the Mast? Does it lack air cover if you don't get free skyguard?
      If none of the above then probably Cannon
    • Good news everyone!

Finally had enough time to get the new video series started: Adventurer's Log! I'm going to use it to review list submissions for the Adventurer's Guide in more details!

The first 4 episodes will be lists that I submitted myself, but after that I'll be choosing lists from the guide directly. My goal is to give more information on how to play them and also to give some more credit to the deckbuilders of Hex PVE.

I'm releasing the first 3 episodes on the opening week. As of next week, I'll be releasing a new video every week!

I'll be adding the links to the video in the OP shortly but here are the first 3 ones:

Make sure to let me know which entries of the guide you'd like to see in an upcoming video!

Cheers!
      @Twitch - @Twitter - @Youtube

"A Gall's fortune is sometimes good and sometimes bad, but always true."
    • Good news everyone!

Just finised the latest update. Added the 7 new entries that were pending along with links to the first 3 episodes of the Adventurer's Log!

Next objective will be to cover last month's Coyotle Bounty with the winning entries.

As you will have also noticed, I already hit the character cap of the first Mercenary post. I'm currently working with the fine folks at http://wiki.hex4newbies.com to see if we can integrate list inventory there to have a more persistent medium. Don't worry, we're still keeping the discussion here but I think adding the inventory to a wiki would be very good as well.

Stay tuned!

• Kismet has only just granted me a Thonia, so I'm a little late to the party, but which of the Thonia decks here (and their classifications as Farming T1 or whatever) are correct post-nerf? I'm finding it hard to work out whether any of them are still supposed to be good farming decks now, or whether they are all out of date because of the nerf. Any ideas?
    • Knightmare wrote:

Kismet has only just granted me a Thonia, so I'm a little late to the party, but which of the Thonia decks here (and their classifications as Farming T1 or whatever) are correct post-nerf? I'm finding it hard to work out whether any of them are still supposed to be good farming decks now, or whether they are all out of date because of the nerf. Any ideas?
      T1 is a deck killing on Turn 1 on average. Anything marked that way is pre-nerf.

My guess is all of these lists were made pre-nerf, but the mono blood lists are probably the closest to viable now. Thonia is not really an engine anymore as much as just a bonus for hitting the AI with a discard effect.
    • Angmar wrote:

Knightmare wrote:

Kismet has only just granted me a Thonia, so I'm a little late to the party, but which of the Thonia decks here (and their classifications as Farming T1 or whatever) are correct post-nerf? I'm finding it hard to work out whether any of them are still supposed to be good farming decks now, or whether they are all out of date because of the nerf. Any ideas?
      T1 is a deck killing on Turn 1 on average. Anything marked that way is pre-nerf.
      My guess is all of these lists were made pre-nerf, but the mono blood lists are probably the closest to viable now. Thonia is not really an engine anymore as much as just a bonus for hitting the AI with a discard effect.
      If that's the case (which it probably is) could we get the pre-nerf lists removed, or at least clearly marked that they were designed for the previous incarnation of Thonia?
      I'd like to find a deck that works well with the current Thonia, and at present I can't work out if any of the ones listed here are appropriate.
    • Knightmare wrote:

I do need to do a cleanup on the Thonia lists but the short answer is that you should go mono ruby agro right now. The fact that you can guarantee 4 resources on turn 1 is a very big deal, even more so if you have access to The Crowd Roars! AA.

But what you want to do is use the very strong ramp power to just play a ton of stuff during first turn to kill your opponent quickly. That means you are not likely to play anything with double thresholds. Ruby has a ton of great options for it. You can even play Mama Yeti on turn 1 if you want with her :D

• CoachFliperon wrote:

Timlagor wrote:

The decklists are much appreciated but a link in the list to the post they were submitted would be very useful since the tcgbrowser entry tends not to say anything about the deck
      I had them for a while but since we switched to the "old/new" forums most of them were dead so I only kept the tcg.browser link. Still, a great majority of the original tcg.browser lists have descriptions about the deck. I don't like to point to forum posts for the most part since its often more of an evolving discussion than just some kind of manual for the submissions.
      I do agree though that having some more detailed information on how to play the deck and what cards are mandatory/interchangeable would be best.
      I finally got around to posting my updated Twocoy deck with (excessive) notes on strategy. Of note is that in 100 Great Machine Graveyard runs with the updated list, my wins took an average of 1.77333 turns, with wins by turn two 96.5% of the time and wins by turn one 26.4% of the time.

I kept the TCGBrowser link the same, so no modification needed there, but I did notice that my deck is classified as Casual instead of Farming, and I think it's safe to say that it's a Farming deck. =)
      "A storm of madness approaches these shores; let us meet it with a tempest of our own."
    • Angmar wrote:

Sekki looks interesting. I think this is where I'll start with a control deck focused on winning with Bride.

hex.tcgbrowser.com/#!/deck=229403

Equips are both for bride, feet for stalker of marbaras, chest for mindsnatch raven, weapon for oni assassin (the copycat's in the attached are the assassins).
      I see I am not the only one who started to brew right away!

I went toward a different approach however. (ninja training should be Oni Assassin and Chill Swiftpaw Trickster *with both equip), the goal is to have 3 sapphire thresholds by turn 2 to enable free Trickster for protection and then to just farm blood threholds by playing sapphire cards! Bride + Trinket with Chronic Madness as a late game / alternate win condition for when the agro doesn't work. Oni Assasin is another catch all removal that also serves as a Bride enabler. Party should be Clatterclank + B.E.B.O. Sekki should definitely be upgraded! Sekki's Catjitsu should be available to use on turn 3 most games.

Can't wait to get some testing done! I foresee a lot of creative builds with this one (Looking at you The Crowd Roars! AA)

The post was edited 3 times, last by CoachFliperon ().

• Timlagor wrote:

Khafra is a very wide palette of options for deckbuilding ..and no one is sharing.

Slamvolt and Rakishani are also missing but might be easier to throw together
      Rakshani has a lot of potential, but we're missing some key pieces to making him great. Or rather, I should say we'll be getting them in the Oni Kismet pack. I intend to see what I can build with him once they're out.

Slamvolt is pretty good with Diligence troops, but I haven't found anything particularly devastating yet.
    • This is a Sister of the Herd deck I played through the campaign with.

hex.tcgbrowser.com/#!/deck=200086

Basically you will want to get a Dream Stag on the board then use the Howling Brave, Chloro, Sister's one shot power or even egg hunt to power up the cards in your hand. It's also possible to get 5 wild thresholds on turn 2 and play a Mightsinger.

Oh and here is my Hawkor deck, it's budget and runs pretty fast ending games around turn 3-4 usually. I've used this deck against all encounters in the campaign, even the challenge ones. Actually this deck performs very well against the bogberg encounters.

hex.tcgbrowser.com/#!/deck=210544

The post was edited 1 time, last by Studebaker ().