Revert the slaughtergear nerf

• Eraia wrote:

Wolzarg wrote:

actually run the list then tell me its s tier.
      I trust Nico. He is a better player than me and a far better judge of decks. If he says its S-Tier I have no reason to doubt him. Are you saying he's a liar? That seems awful rude of you.
      I am sorry but why do you give a $##$ if slaughtergears go back to how they were. They would not suddenly break fra 2.0. At worst it would make leveling characters with cts easier. If speed is how progression works with strongholds and az3 hex has a MUCH bigger problem then slaughtergears.
    • Wolzarg wrote:

Eraia wrote:

Wolzarg wrote:

I trust Nico. He is a better player than me and a far better judge of decks. If he says its S-Tier I have no reason to doubt him. Are you saying he's a liar? That seems awful rude of you.
      If he has actually tested the deck and deemed it to be S tier then i am calling him a Liar. If he however has not tested it and is going on the opinion of someone else as is the case for a lot of lists i do not. That said the tier list use some very arbitrary guidelines for its tiers which makes it less relevant. As stated previously that list also relies on a bugged interaction and doesn't utilize reaver making it not a slaugtergear deck but a blue copy deck more than anything.
      Even if they were only A-Tier... that would still make the cards playable. All I'm saying is 'unplayable' is a SEVERE exaggeration. If you want Hex to take your complaints seriously, you should be discouraging people from using such exaggerations yourself as well.

The cards are not 'unplayable'. They are still very much playable, and stronger than a lot of cards. If you consider them unplayable, I guarantee you you're simply not being creative enough with deckbuilding... or you're way too strict on what you consider 'playable'. If only S-Tier decks are 'playable', then maybe slaughtergears reaver fits that criteria, but so do 90+% of the cards in Hex. Probably 95+%.

Pandaemonium wrote:

Eraia wrote:

Wolzarg wrote:

I am sorry but why do you give a $##$ if slaughtergears go back to how they were. They would not suddenly break fra 2.0. At worst it would make leveling characters with cts easier. If speed is how progression works with strongholds and az3 hex has a MUCH bigger problem then slaughtergears.
      Because it's a waste of their time as a development team. We get so little of Hex's attention directed towards PvE as it is, and you want them to WASTE THAT by making more changes to a set of cards that maybe 5% of the population have. And a set of cards that WERE justifiably nerfed, but were probably just nerfed a bit more than was necessary.

It's a petty, selfish request. They could use that time making more options available for everyone by either buffing cards that ARE legitimately unplayable or by nerfing some of the OTHER real problems(like big spider, or terrormill)... or they could use that time designing more pve content/cards... but you in stead want them to use what little pve attention we get buffing a set of cards that are STILL playable, just not among the top tier of cards.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • We have reasonable demands having a balanced pve experience is also acceptable and in that case we want to see serious balance being pushed towards pve not just a single nerf to a medium powered deck.

This service announcement is brought to you by the bring back slaughtergear foundation.
    • Sethanon wrote:

During the weekend I was contemplating about buying Succumb to Madness or at least Forgotten Triolith to test in few new FA decks, then I remembered about Slaughtergear, reverted to playing standard mill deck and bought Demented Whispers instead...
      haha so true i did do exactly the same , did see 2 or 3 decks which should be as consistent then the mill deck i play , wanted to play a different deck so i looked up the cards i need for those and all decks had expensive pve cards in it like succumb to madness , forgotten triolith , cartomancy , so i checked the price and said to myself to expensive to take a risk they might get the slaughter gear treatment as those pve cards come from pvp chests and are very likely to also get nerved and have 0 value afterwards. So 0 platin into pve cards as I don't wan't to get screwed over a 2nd time.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Treasure ().

• Ouroboros wrote:

13 pages an 249 posts, never say they don't listen to their players...

Man, I tole meself I was gunna give up on complainin to them...
      Be careful to avoid mistaking someone listening to you for someone agreeing with you. They do read these posts, they proven that much over numerous occasions. Them not moving on the topic is their choice. Its not like they don't see the thread and at some point they will magically read it and revert the change. They know about the thread, they do listen and they chose not to revert the change.

The Wardens of Entrath is a large, open to public community of Hex enthusiasts with a mission to help and support Hex players and content creators alike!

Find us on our Discord server or website!
    • Well also a problem is them doing it and not dealing with any of the aftermath their choice had, they are still forcing in the only super powerful pve cards via pvp content and the pvp chests is the spot to get those most of them even only from chest spins. So that content is not even really pve content. So before the nerf I sold more often pve equip and cards now i can list a few 100 (different) of them and even at the cheapest price not a single one will sell in 48 hours, so AH is also pretty much dead for pve stuff.
    • Treasure wrote:

have 0 value afterwards
      Don't misrepresent the situation. It weakens your arguments.

Slaughtergear's cards still have value. Not quite as much as before and they don't sell often, but the crossbow sold for 600 plat recently, and there were 3 reavers sold for just shy of 2000 plat each today from what I'm seeing.(with prices of items sold ranging from 600 to 2000 over the past month)

People in this thread are so prone to extreme hyperbole regarding the cards that it's no wonder Hex isn't listening... 'they're useless' - hyperbole. 'they're unplayable' - hyperbole 'they're worthless' - hyperbole

People are far more likely to take you seriously if you represent the situation ACCURATELY and honestly. Don't exaggerate. Tell it how it actually is. Because trust me, Hex knows how it actually is, and they're not going to listen if you try to lie to them or exaggerate to trick them.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • I don't need to trick them they also have all the data needed , it's good to see that at least those pve items still sell at a decent price sometimes. My complaint was more they always mess up and give a weak excuse or a small treat and then they don't deal with the damage they have done and then step into the next mess with out ever changing their ways or how to handle it better and communicate properly or even preventing that the same thing happens again. The only thing they are weakening is their own credibility that's why a lot of people got reluctant to buy pve cards it's unsure what happens to the pve cards. They should have put a watchlist up for broken or not correctly working pve cards and then forgotten triolith should be on it so when you then nerf/fix it people would have been aware before it might be a big danger to buy those and then loose value afterwards. But seems I am asking to much to handle it properly.
    • Eraia wrote:

Treasure wrote:

have 0 value afterwards
      Don't misrepresent the situation. It weakens your arguments.
      Slaughtergear's cards still have value. Not quite as much as before and they don't sell often, but the crossbow sold for 600 plat recently, and there were 3 reavers sold for just shy of 2000 plat each today from what I'm seeing.(with prices of items sold ranging from 600 to 2000 over the past month)

People in this thread are so prone to extreme hyperbole regarding the cards that it's no wonder Hex isn't listening... 'they're useless' - hyperbole. 'they're unplayable' - hyperbole 'they're worthless' - hyperbole

People are far more likely to take you seriously if you represent the situation ACCURATELY and honestly. Don't exaggerate. Tell it how it actually is. Because trust me, Hex knows how it actually is, and they're not going to listen if you try to lie to them or exaggerate to trick them.
      I have given them just that i have stated plainly that the cards are not good enough to compete and that they were nerfed too harshly. This is true and i have also said that this ruins the experience for some people who were heavily invested in those cards. The value is pretty much unchanged from how it was before the nerf a minor downtick at worst and this can be attributed to the overall cooling down of the PVE market.

Saying people use hyperbole so ignore them is almost as ridiculous as assuming only hyperbole gets a response. Neither is true and while i agree that hyperbole should be kept to a minimum the hyperbole here is hardly lies it is words skewed by feelings. The feelings these people have for those cards that have been in a sense taken from them. It is no different from you wanting the old frostring back and stating things like its unbeatable or you have to play mill. That is hyperbole backed up by feelings neither of those facts are true but they both have hints of truth in them.