Revert the slaughtergear nerf

• They don't have to undo the nerf, just lessen it. They can keep it so replicator can't hit itself, and let the equipment buff a little bit more for each other one so after about 2-3 gears on the field you're back to their old strength. Early game burst potential is lowered while late game performance is maintained.
    • Shake the table often or hard enough and something will fall down.

Regardless, as Corey noted in his update (6.30.17), they acknowledged that they could do a better job at communicating changes to overly powerful PVE cards. I imagine they learned from the reaction of the community and will not repeat it in the same manner. Though, to clarify, this was related to nerfs not unnerfing.
    • Pandaemonium wrote:

Are you for the nerf, if so why. Slaughtergears was not the fastest deck in campaign and I am not sure it will be in fra 2.0. The nerf hit the pve whales like me, which should not be taken likely. Moreover, there is zero communication before or after the nerf, that is piss poor customer service.
      I hadn't played the slaughtergears myself. I've never hated the slaughtergear (which I can only prove by saying that I've made exactly 0 posts regarding them in any forums). I've had a Reaver once, and a Slaughtergear's Advanced Technology, but I sold them both when I was convinced I'd not be able/willing to get the rest of the set. I've seen the Campaign and FRA lists that had Slaughtergear as multiple S tier decks. I've seen PvE content creators use Slaughtergear decks to showcase how to beat PvE content (YT: Nicosharp, My Hot Stream, SeriousBusinessGames) and, even worse, it was often thrown around like it was nothing and not the most expensive deck. And I've seen on Reddit veterans say "Slaughtergear is the best PvE deck, but it's really expensive so I don't really suggest going for it" to people asking about the game.

I don't know if it was "the fastest". Even if we take your word for that, it was a set of cards that could be jammed into any race/class and many (most?) mercenaries. There is no comparison between that and Vennen ranger, ONE SINGLE race/class combination. I personally don't think it's healthy for the game to have their best PvE cards being sold at 35$ per copy, and their equipment being at whatever price (don't actually remember what I sold mine for). The nerf hit those that had invested in multiple copies more than it did the mere whales. The merchants. And they have known that this might happen when they invested in this risky business. I also don't think that there even had to be any communication beforehand, since HXE has always reserved the right to change PvE cards and equipment at their discretion and whenever. In fact, if there was a tip prior to the change, I'd even say it'd be something punishable by law, since we've all heard cases where companies have warned part of their high shareholders that something's gonna go down and that they should sell their shares, in order to minimize their losses and move the loss to others, and have subsequently ended up convicted of that.
    • Vroengard wrote:

Pandaemonium wrote:

Are you for the nerf, if so why. Slaughtergears was not the fastest deck in campaign and I am not sure it will be in fra 2.0. The nerf hit the pve whales like me, which should not be taken likely. Moreover, there is zero communication before or after the nerf, that is piss poor customer service.
      I hadn't played the slaughtergears myself. I've never hated the slaughtergear (which I can only prove by saying that I've made exactly 0 posts regarding them in any forums). I've had a Reaver once, and a Slaughtergear's Advanced Technology, but I sold them both when I was convinced I'd not be able/willing to get the rest of the set. I've seen the Campaign and FRA lists that had Slaughtergear as multiple S tier decks. I've seen PvE content creators use Slaughtergear decks to showcase how to beat PvE content (YT: Nicosharp, My Hot Stream, SeriousBusinessGames) and, even worse, it was often thrown around like it was nothing and not the most expensive deck. And I've seen on Reddit veterans say "Slaughtergear is the best PvE deck, but it's really expensive so I don't really suggest going for it" to people asking about the game.
      I don't know if it was "the fastest". Even if we take your word for that, it was a set of cards that could be jammed into any race/class and many (most?) mercenaries. There is no comparison between that and Vennen ranger, ONE SINGLE race/class combination. I personally don't think it's healthy for the game to have their best PvE cards being sold at 35$ per copy, and their equipment being at whatever price (don't actually remember what I sold mine for). The nerf hit those that had invested in multiple copies more than it did the mere whales. The merchants. And they have known that this might happen when they invested in this risky business. I also don't think that there even had to be any communication beforehand, since HXE has always reserved the right to change PvE cards and equipment at their discretion and whenever. In fact, if there was a tip prior to the change, I'd even say it'd be something punishable by law, since we've all heard cases where companies have warned part of their high shareholders that something's gonna go down and that they should sell their shares, in order to minimize their losses and move the loss to others, and have subsequently ended up convicted of that.
      Part of the reason you saw that was because at the time it was the fastest, shortly into az1 it was no longer the fastest, and new deck archetypes for pve emerged that we didn't anticipate. They became at best an include in a deck that ran other efficient cards rather than a slaughtergear deck - as a byproduct of the fact that you didn't have full shard grids in campaign - basically filler, good filler, but filler. SrsBsnsGames referred to the Reaver as a good investment lol, because this change was so unwarranted/unnecessary. Telling a small group of people who stand to lose based on coming changes is different than publicly announcing something.
    • I hear what you are saying about why the nerf could not be announced beforehand. But a reason afterword should have been given. Xocoy makes the slaughtergears look like tinker toys in campaign and I am willing to bet that slaughtergears would be tied with terror mill in fra 2.0.

My problem is now two other pve powerhouses that are not cheap and require a decent investment (angel of foresight and forgotten tri). Those cards are obviously not as fast as slaughtergears but theoretically stronger in the late game if raids actually become a thing. There needs to be MUCH better communication like a watch list or something.
    • Pandaemonium wrote:

a reason afterword should have been given
      Oh yes, I'd never argue against that. In fact, I'd be quite interested to see if they had any data to share as justification of their decision.

Artifaction wrote:

Telling a small group of people who stand to lose based on coming changes is different than publicly announcing something.
      Yes but we already know that some players are much much closer to the company than the rest. Wouldn't you think that they might've been tipped off a week or two earlier? That's all it takes to earn a few dozen bucks. Aren't you wondering about it even now? At least from everyone's reaction, my own suspicions are somewhat lessened, since everyone 'seemed' genuinely surprised.
    • Vroengard wrote:

Pandaemonium wrote:

a reason afterword should have been given
      Oh yes, I'd never argue against that. In fact, I'd be quite interested to see if they had any data to share as justification of their decision.

Artifaction wrote:

Telling a small group of people who stand to lose based on coming changes is different than publicly announcing something.
      Yes but we already know that some players are much much closer to the company than the rest. Wouldn't you think that they might've been tipped off a week or two earlier? That's all it takes to earn a few dozen bucks. Aren't you wondering about it even now? At least from everyone's reaction, my own suspicions are somewhat lessened, since everyone 'seemed' genuinely surprised.
      Oh naw, for the most part this community is some of the most trustworthy and endearing of any I've seen. When the people who developed the game, and those who supported them early on and continued to this day, are ones who want to make Feel Good Moments happen that's what you get. Which is part of the reason I found this round of nerfs so shocking - feel bad moments - lots of them, hundreds of dollars worth of feel bad.
    • "Executed with no cause"

This is what gets me going tbqh. In this and every similar thread. As much as I sympathize with players suffering from the nerf (that does NOT include people that hoarded the cards for future skinning of new players, for them it's business and they should understand it) and would argue that, perhaps, there should be a "Cards being under evaluation" PvE list, similar to what we have in Immortal, the above line and the tendency to go "Since you nerfed MY favorite OP deck, HXE, now go and nerf the other good decks." is what makes me speak out. I was playing the Ethereal Healers & pre-nerf boots but I didn't enter shock & denial nor anger & bagaining mode because it was an Ok nerf.
    • Vroengard wrote:

"Executed with no cause"

This is what gets me going tbqh. In this and every similar thread. As much as I sympathize with players suffering from the nerf (that does NOT include people that hoarded the cards for future skinning of new players, for them it's business and they should understand it) and would argue that, perhaps, there should be a "Cards being under evaluation" PvE list, similar to what we have in Immortal, the above line and the tendency to go "Since you nerfed MY favorite OP deck, HXE, now go and nerf the other good decks." is what makes me speak out. I was playing the Ethereal Healers & pre-nerf boots but I didn't enter shock & denial nor anger & bagaining mode because it was an Ok nerf.
      There is a big difference between someone who invested in ethereal healers and those that invested in slaughtergears, hundreds of dollars difference.

It is kind of like telling your shareholders screw you and seeing what happens in the future.
    • So the nerf is unjust not because the Slaughtergear are not-OP but because they are expensive? So, market price makes cards immune to change? I don't think so. Or is the nerf unjust because the people are more upset? The only impact of price in this discussion is that it's reasonable to have a couple threads more than the ones we had about Ethereal Healer.
    • Vroengard wrote:

So the nerf is unjust not because the Slaughtergear are not-OP but because they are expensive? So, market price makes cards immune to change? I don't think so. Or is the nerf unjust because the people are more upset? The only impact of price in this discussion is that it's reasonable to have a couple threads more than the ones we had about Ethereal Healer.
      The nerf went too far as others pointed out. There are better decks in the campaign and likely fra 2.0.

The hard nerf and lack of communication is stupid from a business standpoint because people are not as willing to buy high ticket pve cards. It also pissed off a segment of the playerbase that spent alot of money on those cards (a segment hex does not want to lose).
    • Vroengard wrote:

So the nerf is unjust not because the Slaughtergear are not-OP but because they are expensive? So, market price makes cards immune to change? I don't think so. Or is the nerf unjust because the people are more upset? The only impact of price in this discussion is that it's reasonable to have a couple threads more than the ones we had about Ethereal Healer.
      Nerf is unwarranted regardless of hte cost of the cards. However it is the cost of the cards that will prevent me from buying plat to build those kindas of decks in the future.
      Message me here! (Or in game)
    • Galliard wrote:

Yet the price of Slaughtergears is still around what it was two months ago. I've been waiting for the predicted crash to buy myself a playset and it hasn't come yet.
      Because they are super rare and not conpletely worthless. The super rarity has alot to do with it. No way in hell I am selling mine for half off or something even if that is all they are worth.
    • Artifaction wrote:

Not to mention those who bought into Slaughtergears are very unlikely to take such a huge loss on them. It's far more likely that they are restored (somewhat) to their previous glory, than for me to sell them ever. I love the Slaughtergears and nobody who wishes them harm!
      Yeah its just not how I play. I like collecting things. Since I have them, I wont be selling them no matter how much they drop. But it will make me think twice about acquiring expensive pve cards in future. Its not even really a complaint, it is what it is. Im not upset really, its just disappointing.
      Message me here! (Or in game)