QoL: Improved deck management and selection system (graphical mock-up inside!)

• QoL: Improved deck management and selection system (graphical mock-up inside!)

Also see: QoL: User-defined tag system for collection management (graphical mock-up inside!)

Frequently changing and modifying your deck is tedious currently. Especially if you enjoy to vary your deck throughout playing the campaign.
      Further, it is currently not possible to load a deck from one character/mercenary onto another, where it could serve as a base to build a valid deck upon.

Below is a mock-up showing how the FRA Character selection could be used as a base to enhance the deck selection screen.
      The key features here are:
      - deck preview (possibly some faster preview by only loading card-art thumbnails rather than fully detailed card information)
      - equipped item display
      - full deck stats within the selection screen (without having to actually override the currently active deck)

This idea could be taken a step further by allowing the user to save arbitrary sets of cards as "card groups" that do not need to meet any deck requirements.
      The user could then be allowed to filter their entire collection to only show cards within a given group, providing functionality similar to the tag system in my other post.

The post was edited 4 times, last by TyrantOgoun ().

• Bawb wrote:

A hundred times yes! I would kill to see this implemented in the game. Sadly, I wouldn't get your hopes up about UI improvement. Supposedly, the hex dev team doesn't have the manpower to work on UI improvements.
      Where did you get this? I thought they had actually announced an overhaul for at least the AH.
      "Ignorant beliefs are stains upon the mind."
    • Transience wrote:

Where did you get this? I thought they had actually announced an overhaul for at least the AH.
      Sorry, you're right. An AH update is supposed to come out soon (multiple people mentioned July). However, other UI improvements, such as decklist creation and selection in PvE, weren't mentioned for quite some time already AFAIK. So I'm guessing they aren't working on it. Just like how they didn't mention any improvements of social features (improved chat UI, guild chats, raids) for a loooong time already, and probably aren't working on those either.
      I once heard a guy say the hex dev team was understaffed and therefore couldn't work on everything that they want to work on. Not sure if that's the truth, but it could explain why many promised features aren't in the game yet, and many other improvements (such as the one in this thread) aren't implemented yet.
    • Bawb wrote:

A hundred times yes! I would kill to see this implemented in the game. Sadly, I wouldn't get your hopes up about UI improvement. Supposedly, the hex dev team doesn't have the manpower to work on UI improvements.
      I'm pretty sure at a recent interview or the like they discussed AH and deckbuilder improvements coming soon(ish). Don't have a direct quote handy, but I'm sure I heard them talking about it.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.