I need help breaking into pvp

• I need help breaking into pvp

Im a f2p player that has been playing pve only for a long while now. Breaking into pvp as a f2p player seems pretty daunting.

I was thinking if I could build one great deck in the format that doesn't rotate that would be a good start. Probably cheaper to build a standard deck, but with how quickly things rotate I'm afraid I'll always be chasing and never catching.

So, I don't really know where to begin in choosing a deck. I'd like the following:

- cards can be obtained with gold. Even if each card costs 250k, that is easier for me to afford than 250 platnum.
      - not terribly polarized. I would prefer a deck that has few bad matchups and accept fewer free wins.
      - I prefer control and mid-range to tempo or aggro.
      - deck is good now and will likely always be good.

It may be impossible to meet all the criteria, so only consider the gold vs. platnum constraint a deal breaker.

Thanks, all advice welcome!
    • JazzfanTwentySev wrote:

cards can be obtained with gold. Even if each card costs 250k, that is easier for me to afford than 250 platnum.
      Just to let you know, it is relatively easy to trade your gold for platinum in the trade chat. I don't know the rate today but I think someone else will tell you.
      ANd I am ready to buy you gold if you need.

As for the decks, I advise you to read that : battleshopper.com/topic/budgetdecks

Im a f2p player that has been playing pve only for a long while now. Breaking into pvp as a f2p player seems pretty daunting.

I was thinking if I could build one great deck in the format that doesn't rotate that would be a good start. Probably cheaper to build a standard deck, but with how quickly things rotate I'm afraid I'll always be chasing and never catching.

So, I don't really know where to begin in choosing a deck. I'd like the following:

- cards can be obtained with gold. Even if each card costs 250k, that is easier for me to afford than 250 platnum.
      - not terribly polarized. I would prefer a deck that has few bad matchups and accept fewer free wins.
      - I prefer control and mid-range to tempo or aggro.
      - deck is good now and will likely always be good.

It may be impossible to meet all the criteria, so only consider the gold vs. platnum constraint a deal breaker.

Thanks, all advice welcome!
      I would strongly advise to see this post here

forums.hextcg.com/index.php?th…n/&postID=23378#post23378

First you could try the tuesdays events. You have PVP with uncommons and commons so its very easy to get started
      The tursdays events will probably cost you more, but I mean yours going to have so much more fun than going for that ladder.

cost to enter
      free

Prizes start at 1 win

the only downside for you will be its single elimination. So get some practices with your deck before. maybe even try it on the PVE side of the game to get it going. Losing first round gives you alot of free time after that.

cards can be obtained with gold. Even if each card costs 250k, that is easier for me to afford than 250 platnum.
      This is a problem, not with you, but with new or inexperienced players in general. "Platinum" is not some kind of revered currency that when spent it depletes your wallet irl. It is very simple to trade Gold for Platinum, even without interacting with other players at all: Just buy stuff from the AH for Gold and repost them for platinum. Booster packs are the obvious choice. Chests and Primal packs are second. Cards and equipment prices vary so much that it's sometimes hard to find them for Gold at a reasonable rate.