28 Damage Turn 2 Guaranteed Campaign

• 28 Damage Turn 2 Guaranteed Campaign

28 damage on turn 2 or 36 damage on turn 3 guaranteed in the Campaign.

Decklist

Character
      Human Warrior level 15

Talents
      Fury
      Warlord: Strength
      Berserking

Mercenaries
      Gax - Kickstarter Reward (you can swap this for Corporal Hadrian, but you do 1 less damage)
      Salty Sam - Plunder Tournament
      Zurxathl - Set 6
      Khafra - Set 6

How
      - Turn one play one of your Fateweave shards (mull until you have one) and put War Machinist on the top of your deck.
      - Turn two play a ruby shard + War Machinist and keep bouncing it back while killing anything off on the other side until you can't anymore.
      - Use charge power on AI and swing in for a total of 28 damage on turn 2.
      You can also wait for turn 3 where it becomes 36 damage because of the three resource for the extra bounce.

There's also the Replicator's Gambit version with the Mage class for a turn 3 kill doing 48+ damage, but I'm not sure if that is 100% (because you need to Fateweave twice). Probably very consistent though.

There's also a Xocoy version of this Fateweave shenanigans. The earliest I got was a guaranteed turn 2 Xocoy doing 24 damage? Can't remember. Someone might be able to find a better way.
    • Here's a new list. 56 damage possible on turn 2.

Character: Human Warrior

Mercenaries: Gax, Salty Sam, Zurxathl, Corporal Hadrian

Decklist:

How:
      - Turn 1 play Ice Shard for Maggot
      - Turn 2 use your charge power to kill an opposing troop
      - Mobilize Maggot and keep bouncing + copying it until you're out of resource
      - Hit AI for 56 damage (the number that I got with no blockers)
    • So I feel like I only somewhat understand what is going on here until I try it (grats on finding the absurdly complicated, yet simple to play combo).

Could you do this with Mad Aradam Cultist and just bury the AI out turn 2?

Edit: Ah, saw this completely explained in another thread. Not enough resources to make that happen.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Angmar ().

• Angmar wrote:

So I feel like I only somewhat understand what is going on here until I try it (grats on finding the absurdly complicated, yet simple to play combo).

Could you do this with Mad Aradam Cultist and just bury the AI out turn 2?

Edit: Ah, saw this completely explained in another thread. Not enough resources to make that happen.
      If you can somehow find a way to do Cultist turn 2, then you should be able to do it turn 1 with Dallad because of his passive 'Fateweave at the start of the game.' This is what I originally wanted to do, a turn 1 kill with Dallad using cost reduction. Right now Dallad can pretty easily do 20 damage turn 2 and 30 damage turn 3.
    • KozHex wrote:

The maggot deck relies on the AI playing a troop you can kill with your charge power to work right? If so, the other variants are probably superior.
      It depends on which encounters you're facing. In GMG, for instance, most of the encounters start with troops in play and the ones that don't play a troop on turn 1 the vast majority of the time. If you were farming a dungeon where your opponents aren't going to have troops on 1 a lot of the time, then you'll want to use other variants.
    • Turn 1
      Fateweave makes it so you can either choose to put a resource or nonresource on top of your deck and since War Machinist is our only nonresource card, it will go on top of the deck if we use one of the Ice shard to Fateweave.

Turn 2
      We draw our one War Machinist. He initially cost 1 to play, but since we have our Mercenary Party Passives (Gax and Kahfra), he becomes a -1 cost card. So we play him which will also summon 2 dreadlings due to our other Mercenary Party Passive (Zurxathl). These 2 dreadlings coming into play will ping the opponent for 2 damage because of our War Machinist's initial ability. Also, once he comes into play, another of our Mercenary Party Passive (Sam) is triggered allowing us to put a card back into our hand and giving it cost +1. We choose our War Machinist. Now he's in our hand and cost 0 to play. We do this a few more time, each time increasing the War Machinist cost by 1 until we can't play him anymore. At this point we should have a board full of Dreadlings to swing in for some more damage.

It's a very simple strategy where most of the stuff is already done for you on the backend (mercenary passives).