Pinned Frost Ring Arena - Deck Tier List

• In that sense it is fast, but turns don't equal actual time. A speedy deck can almost finish a whole match while you perform the 40+ actions for the combo finish. Plus it goes through the four turns much quicker, because there are less actions and card selection going on.
      So you need to get to turn 4 (fast deck wins the first match). You perform the combo (fast deck wins the second match).
    • The deck is still fast as long as you don't try to turn 1 or 2 finish. Usually waiting a couple more turns will let you finish off your opponent in 3-4 combos instead of 20-30 by trying to rush your win con earlier. As far as I see it, being able to guarantee a win way earlier than MOST decks by sacrificing your physical time is a feature that the deck provides that does not exist in others.
    • NicoSharp wrote:

Speed was removed after the last tier list, primarily due to turn timers being seen as more valuable in FRA 2.0

(Was simply my decision)
      I think both are valuable and quite different. One is a measurement for consistency, the other one for profit per hour. It's perfectly fine, if the latter is not what this list is about. I just thought it would be interesting and at least more telling about a deck's performance than it's card prices.

One other question, though: Why are the Uruunaz and Zakiir encounters not their own category like Hogarth? I would really appreciate some info about these matchups. Yes, you only see them once in hundreds of runs, but when you do, it really sucks if your deck is unable to beat them. It hurts far more than a bad matchup against Hogarth.
    • Uruunaz and Zakiir are also very rare. At one point people factored that you might not see one in 500 runs. So assuming someone has been able to test said deck against said boss, and has a fair assessment for it is silly. Same can be argued for speed. Results definitely vary. The only idea that appeals to me is benchmarking by clicks potentially, but I don’t have the time or energy to police that feedback and feel that win by turn x achieves what people need to know just fine.

The last update I made months ago just focuses on sharing solid deck lists, not so much rating them, as rating them is typically subjective, where we really want to know if it will get us a perfect clear and if it’s fun to play.
    • NicoSharp wrote:

Uruunaz and Zakiir are also very rare. At one point people factored that you might not see one in 500 runs. So assuming someone has been able to test said deck against said boss, and has a fair assessment for it is silly. Same can be argued for speed. Results definitely vary. The only idea that appeals to me is benchmarking by clicks potentially, but I don’t have the time or energy to police that feedback and feel that win by turn x achieves what people need to know just fine.

The last update I made months ago just focuses on sharing solid deck lists, not so much rating them, as rating them is typically subjective, where we really want to know if it will get us a perfect clear and if it’s fun to play.
      I cannot say for other decks, but I was lucky enough to meet 3 of my 4 total dragons within a very short time period, so I battled 1 time Uruunaz and 2 times Zakiir with the same deck and won all encounters. The deck I was using was 'Blightbury Cyclops' for those who know (not home atm to share the list), so at least this particular deck has a very good rating against them.
      The Wardens of Entrath is a large, open to public community of Hex enthusiasts with a mission to help and support Hex players and content creators alike!

Find us on our Discord server or website!
    • NicoSharp wrote:

Uruunaz and Zakiir are also very rare. At one point people factored that you might not see one in 500 runs. So assuming someone has been able to test said deck against said boss, and has a fair assessment for it is silly. Same can be argued for speed. Results definitely vary. The only idea that appeals to me is benchmarking by clicks potentially, but I don’t have the time or energy to police that feedback and feel that win by turn x achieves what people need to know just fine.

Fair enough.

One last important petition: Please rename KozHEX's "Endless Gatekeeper" to "Hodor!"
    • Just had my first perfect in ages with this semi budget Terrormill deck on FRA. Got so excited I came here for a dissection.
      I couldn't match the other decks which are out of my price range, so I used a lot more FRA and AZ reward cards, with just a couple of Nameless Devourers.
      It blocks, draws, heals and removes whilst burying at the same time.
      Didn't bump into the Nulzaan or Cheesesmythe chaps, so I count myself lucky. Thus I'm interested to know how others would fare against the toughest opponents too.

• Kherebutu wrote:

Just had my first perfect in ages with this semi budget Terrormill deck on FRA. Got so excited I came here for a dissection.
      I couldn't match the other decks which are out of my price range, so I used a lot more FRA and AZ reward cards, with just a couple of Nameless Devourers.
      It blocks, draws, heals and removes whilst burying at the same time.
      Didn't bump into the Nulzaan or Cheesesmythe chaps, so I count myself lucky. Thus I'm interested to know how others would fare against the toughest opponents too.

I believe you can still find some people playing the game, and are therefore interested in that, at the Wardens of Entrath discord. Coach might even add the deck in his thread or something, if he's still playing.
    • I’m not but mostly due to time constraints and the fact that we don’t have new content to work with. Burry is still very for FRA, glad you had a good run with it. You can always pop on the Wardens discord if you want to discuss deck ideas for FRA. Even if the game has slown down, we’re still there :)

The Wardens of Entrath is a large, open to public community of Hex enthusiasts with a mission to help and support Hex players and content creators alike!

• CoSVII wrote:

I have been using a turns deck that has been very consistent. Twice I have beaten Elite Hogarth. (Both equipped SOR and rimeclaw are essential to a good match up Vs the cheating Aggro bosses).

The rewards are locked behind Siege Sacks for the Wardens but they are worth it.

Socketing is key: Annie with summon rhino and steadfast/skyguard and REH with spell shield and dig for troops.

There is a lot of “dig” in the deck, optimally you want Annie on 3 and Warden on 4 so you can go infinite. (Charge power on Annie makes for minimal clicking) howling brave helps with double wild threshold and gives ramp as needed.

Pack hunters whichever of the two combo troops you don’t have so that oak ceremony, witch of the well, or REH can put them in your hand faster.

Good luck and enjoy beating down cheesier bosses with infinite turns.
      I have a similar deck though I use wokken drinks for over kill and Jungle ambush