Pinned Frost Ring Arena - Deck Tier List

• Mstrauss wrote:

So what would be the idle swap for TCR in this deck? I tried Lumagoth, but it usually just keeps stuck in my hand. Maybe 4 acorns?
      Here is my current iteration:
      [Blocked Image: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/269256254415699968/426523536765747200/unknown.png]
      I don't think acorn is necessary, but it's fine to run. You could also run Fuel the Fire with weapon equipment, or any other illuminate card that is 2 cost. (Trinket Equip for Choir)

Going to slowly replace slow shards with Brewed Ambrosia, as I acquire them.

The post was edited 1 time, last by NicoSharp ().

• NicoSharp wrote:

Woken enables wins long before we even consider, or have the threshold to activate enter the dream. Ideally, Woken is milling for 24 (1 Auctioneer), or 46 (23+23 = 2 Auctioneers), or 48 (2 Woken, 1 Auctioneer) by turn 3. Horrorcrafted Dreams rarely has the same output timer.
      After play-testing the Woken variation, I find it to be significantly less consistent than the Horrorcrafted Dreams version. While it's true that with Silent Auctioneer, you can mill drastically faster... but this is also reliant on having things to discard and a discard engine and hoping you get all the pieces together before you die.

Here's the catch though, you either have to save up your discards like Dream Bear or Dream Eater to recoup HP or as a dig. Most of your digs also require you to discard but you still are required to achieve a certain threshold level. Every play you make is a risk the longer you do not have access to Auctioneer + Discard. In my opinion, it feels very clunky without getting the exact draws you need because each part of the combo you're missing, you're sacrificing other parts to get to it.

With the Horrocrafted Dreams version, you could argue that it takes longer to go off but it's a lot more sturdy. If you get Azurefate Sorceress down and you use Enter the Dream's discard function... you easily mill a bunch, possibly heal HP and dig for even more discards. Not to mention, once they die, you can bring them all back to mill again without Azurefate. Horror also allows you to combo from Enter the Dream -> kill 3x Dream troops -> Enter the Dream again. I can usually mill an entire deck in one turn - I often am unable to do that in a single turn with the Woken version.
    • Results may vary :)

I've had 3 20/20 silent auctioneer woken perfects since the patch. I have yet to play horrorcrafted since the patch. When I tested it for S-Tier, I admittedly had some challenges with it vs. certain encounters. I find the woken discard deck to be quite consistent. The deck has been modified a few different ways since posting, so I highly suggest everyone tweaks whatever they run, towards their playstyle and liking.
    • NicoSharp wrote:

Results may vary :)

I've had 3 20/20 silent auctioneer woken perfects since the patch. I have yet to play horrorcrafted since the patch. When I tested it for S-Tier, I admittedly had some challenges with it vs. certain encounters. I find the woken discard deck to be quite consistent. The deck has been modified a few different ways since posting, so I highly suggest everyone tweaks whatever they run, towards their playstyle and liking.
      The auctioneer mill deck is pretty good. I binned the change courses for scour the archives to tutor for auctioneer/drokka. It improves the aggro and general reliability of the deck but makes it's plan b against troublesome encounters like archon or voice of d'endrrah worse.

BTW is elite d'endrrah impossible? Sanatorium kills me before I can go off.
    • I've been running this variation of the Auctioneer Dream deck for a while now, and out of five runs only one wasn't perfect (banner challenge, I am on the draw, Haraza's banner for AI, valor banner for me, on curve plays by the opponent). The decision making is tight, but it gets better when you are more accustomed with how the deck is supposed to play out. You need five thresholds and your combo pieces, everything else is fodder. You don't even play your sixth resource unless you REALLY need that second activation of your charge power. Pack Hunters are surprisingly ok (I usually target Dream Eagles with those), but Scour the Archives instead might be better.

The deck is no more reliant on thresholds/cards than the Horrorcrafted one. You just have to admit that they play differently despite having lots of the same cards, and adjust your playstyle accordingly.

Oh, and Acorns in the previous published variation is basically shooting yourself in the foot. They are absolutely terrible when it comes to draw-discard effects.
      Joke is a very serious thing.
    • AceBladewing wrote:

I don't get why the deck can't play woken/auctioneer and horrorcrafted. Everyone acts like they're mutually exclusive.
      Because combining them won't add to overall performance of the decks, it would detract from them. The strategies are quite streamlined towards their goals, which are rather different. Say, I take my variation and replace Chloros with Braves, and Pack Hunters with Behemoths. What purpose do the Behemoths serve in the deck now? I have no use for them other than as beefy troops that sometimes can reset the board. And even this would require for me to have three troops in play, and this most likely would mean that my deck is already going off, which makes Behemoths redundant.

Even simpler:
      - Auctioneer decks mostly win by gradually discarding cards, so they don't need Behemoths that have to be put into play;
      - Behemoth decks mostly win by putting cards into play, so they don't need Auctioneers that aren't contributing to this strategy.

Woken Drokkatars are a bit different, because Horrorcrafted deck actually can utilize them for plan B, but they are going to be a weaker card there because they don't really contribute to the main win condition of the deck, as opposed to the Auctioneer deck.
    • Transience wrote:

Man, that The Crowd Roars/Obsidian Cyclops combo is pretty hot.
      Agree on this, sometimes the damage is so much that I feel pity against them. Killed Kha Elite without playing a 4th resource. Still looking for a good replacement for Runic Candesence. I don't know why, I am just not so fond of the card. Maybe I am wrong. Last run, I had 2 Wrath of Elements and 2 Light of Lyvaanth, but now I am thinking maybe putting back Candesence. Don't know... :P
      [Blocked Image: http://wardens.hexcompendium.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/cropped-wardens-of-entraht-logo-tranparent.png]The Wardens of Entrath is a large, open to public community of Hex enthusiasts with a mission to help and support Hex players and content creators alike!

Find us on our Discord server or website!
    • Verdant wrote:

Because combining them won't add to overall performance of the decks, it would detract from them. The strategies are quite streamlined towards their goals, which are rather different. Say, I take my variation and replace Chloros with Braves, and Pack Hunters with Behemoths. What purpose do the Behemoths serve in the deck now? I have no use for them other than as beefy troops that sometimes can reset the board. And even this would require for me to have three troops in play, and this most likely would mean that my deck is already going off, which makes Behemoths redundant.
      Even simpler:
      - Auctioneer decks mostly win by gradually discarding cards, so they don't need Behemoths that have to be put into play;
      - Behemoth decks mostly win by putting cards into play, so they don't need Auctioneers that aren't contributing to this strategy.

Woken Drokkatars are a bit different, because Horrorcrafted deck actually can utilize them for plan B, but they are going to be a weaker card there because they don't really contribute to the main win condition of the deck, as opposed to the Auctioneer deck.
      Disagree entirely. Behemoths are great discard targets from draw/discard mechanics, so that doubles the targets that benefit from being straight up discard fodder (woken being the other half). Also, they help your plan B even moreso since you can get them out with drained jack-hats. Now that the hats have less charges, they become dead on the field even faster. So, they benefit plan A slightly and plan B immensely.
    • You are welcome to disagree, but let's not act like Behemoths are supposed to occupy empty space in vacuum. Pack Hunters benefit both plans A and B while being in line with the overall cost of the cards in the deck. I had actually once killed Doombringer Kha Elite on my third turn by playing double Pack Hunters on turn two and then dropping Auctioneer on turn three and chaining Dream Eagles into Drokkatar.

That being said, I will try a build with Behemoths when I get home. They sure feel tempting for countering early aggro, but so far I had managed to do so without involving additional resources.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Verdant ().

• AxelDWater wrote:

Transience wrote:

Man, that The Crowd Roars/Obsidian Cyclops combo is pretty hot.
      Agree on this, sometimes the damage is so much that I feel pity against them. Killed Kha Elite without playing a 4th resource. Still looking for a good replacement for Runic Candesence. I don't know why, I am just not so fond of the card. Maybe I am wrong. Last run, I had 2 Wrath of Elements and 2 Light of Lyvaanth, but now I am thinking maybe putting back Candesence. Don't know... :P
      Yeah, Runic C. seems one of the more mediocre cards. I'm also not fond of Light 'em Up since you never do non-combat damage anyway. I also don't really use Cassia a lot. Maybe Elijah would be better, but probably not.

Lost to Rowdy Piper Elite though, his build-up was just faster than mine. So no pity for the AI doing him 100+ T4 damage. Bastard! X(

Edit: funny thing is I build a similar deck like this with Cyclops a few days ago for ship battles without having seen this thread. I had bought the Cyclops equip some weeks ago when I stumbled upon it in TCGBrowser and noticed it buffed all other Elementals. Seemed pretty hot. The new gem was just the missing key. I'm happy to see that this idea was actually a good one. :thumbsup:

When playing that ship deck I concluded that Icarian Slippers is just awesome. One of my favorite equips ever.

Now I just need to farm 4 Ambrosia so this deck can be perfect. That will probably take a year since Kismet hates me. I still haven't even seen a dragon yet either.
      "Ignorant beliefs are stains upon the mind."

The post was edited 2 times, last by Transience ().

• Verdant wrote:

You are welcome to disagree, but let's not act like Behemoths are supposed to occupy empty space in vacuum. Pack Hunters benefit both plans A and B while being in line with the overall cost of the cards in the deck. I had actually once killed Doombringer Kha Elite on my third turn by playing double Pack Hunters on turn two and then dropping Auctioneer on turn three and chaining Dream Eagles into Drokkatar.

That being said, I will try a build with Behemoths when I get home. They sure feel tempting for countering early aggro, but so far I had managed to do so without involving additional resources.
      Pack Hunters is another card that isn't mutually exclusive. Honestly, I'd replace change course with hunters or behemoth. I never really felt like change course fits into either version of the deck well.
    • The Dream/Discard deck is incredibly strong. I made 2 changes to Lyrgoiph's original version and now it's very consistant and I am frequently getting turn 2 kills.
      It takes a couple of runs to learn how to play effectively and to learn the different interactions, but when you get it mastered this deck is power and unfortunately nerf worthy.

The Cyclops/Candlekin version is also incredibly strong and consistant. Along with the Crowd Roars this deck also feels like a nerf target, probably the Cyclops.
      Current version - [DIAMOND] [RUBY] Wax Rampage [LETHAL]

The post was edited 5 times, last by Spit: Horrible spelling, shameful grammar, graphic glitches, the usual... ().

• Spit wrote:

The Dream/Discard deck is incredibly strong. I made 2 changes to Lyrgoiph's original version and now it's very consistant and I am frequently getting turn 2 kills.
      It takes a couple of runs to learn how to play effectively and to learn the different interactions, but when you get it mastered this deck is power and unfortunately nerf worthy.

The Cyclops/Candlekin version is also incredibly strong and consistant. Along with the Crowd Roars this deck also feels like a nerf target, probably the Cyclops.
      Current version - [DIAMOND] [RUBY] Wax Rampage [LETHAL]
      Sssshhhh!! Goddammit, stop saying ne N-word! Everybody, stop drawing attention to these decks. That's why HexEnt destroys them. They are out there, everyone can learn how to build them, now just enjoy them without too much hype.
    • AxelDWater wrote:

Still looking for a good replacement for Runic Candesence. I don't know why, I am just not so fond of the card.
      Btw; they do combo with Root of Conquest. Not sure if it's worth it but it does give you more control over when to time the Runic C. Root of Conquest however does not work very well with Well of Conquest if you have one each in your opening hand and no other shards. I just found that out the hard way.
      "Ignorant beliefs are stains upon the mind."