Pinned Frost Ring Arena - Deck Tier List

• TheBlackCrypt wrote:

Welcome to FRA 2.0, creatures are often a liability but how can you make a deck that wins consistently without them?

no.. lol. T_T my collection is very small.. doubt i can make any action only deck... though Psychic Ascension might be a good idea.. too bad i can't afford it.

KozHex wrote:

Well, one suggestion is that if you're in the situation you described with the buccaneer, don't play anything unless you absolutely have to, the AI will just bounce it's own stuff. It's really dumb like that...

well.. i did try that.. but the buccaneer will return to it's hand and come out next turn. plus it is the dupe champion.. sometime he it sent itself back it make a dupe copy of it...

basically i only have two choice.. either keep playing my troop and get them back before they do anything. or sit and wait enemy to kill me with several small troop...
    • CoachFliperon wrote:

TheBlackCrypt wrote:

Welcome to FRA 2.0, creatures are often a liability but how can you make a deck that wins consistently without them?
      I'm not saying the new FRA is perfect but I will say however that we already have many known builds that are not centered around troops that do quite well. In fact the current best options for farming FRA are not based on troops. More so, saying that troops are a liability in general is just false. The quality of troops required in the new FRA is far greater than it was before however. You just can't afford to durdle around anymore. This is not to say that good value troops or powerful troops cannot thrive in FRA. We also have many builds that are troop based doing great as well.
      The amount of viable options did diminish with the added difficulty. It feels more like playing constructed to me if anything now. There is a set meta, and some decks will be better against that meta. Hopefully they will continue to make significant changes to it to allow for newer/better metas to be formed but if the difficulty remains high, the amount of viable options will always be lower than if it gets back to the "walk in the park" it had become before the update.
      Can you please tell me how 'creatures are often a liability' = 'saying that troops are a liability in general is just false'

Playing a 1/1 against the burny witch IS a liability for example, right?

Playing a creature (without spellshield) validates all the of removal the AI packs, having none invalidates said removal.

I just love how everything is twisted and taken out of context here, it's fantastic :thumbup:
    • TheBlackCrypt wrote:

CoachFliperon wrote:

TheBlackCrypt wrote:

I'm not saying the new FRA is perfect but I will say however that we already have many known builds that are not centered around troops that do quite well. In fact the current best options for farming FRA are not based on troops. More so, saying that troops are a liability in general is just false. The quality of troops required in the new FRA is far greater than it was before however. You just can't afford to durdle around anymore. This is not to say that good value troops or powerful troops cannot thrive in FRA. We also have many builds that are troop based doing great as well.The amount of viable options did diminish with the added difficulty. It feels more like playing constructed to me if anything now. There is a set meta, and some decks will be better against that meta. Hopefully they will continue to make significant changes to it to allow for newer/better metas to be formed but if the difficulty remains high, the amount of viable options will always be lower than if it gets back to the "walk in the park" it had become before the update.
      Can you please tell me how 'creatures are often a liability' = 'saying that troops are a liability in general is just false'
      Playing a 1/1 against the burny witch IS a liability for example, right?

Playing a creature (without spellshield) validates all the of removal the AI packs, having none invalidates said removal.

I just love how everything is twisted and taken out of context here, it's fantastic :thumbup:
      I don't think "out of context" means what you think it means. Also, if you are trying to imply that I might be answering in bad faith you clearly have me figured wrong.

I may, however, have misinterpreted your message. If I did and it hurt your feelings I apology for it. Maybe you were sarcastic, or maybe you were trying to make a joke? I would confess that if it is the case I just don't understand it.

If you still care, let me know what you meant then so I can have a meaningful reply if I feel any is needed :)
      [Blocked Image: http://wardens.hexcompendium.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/cropped-wardens-of-entraht-logo-tranparent.png]
      The Wardens of Entrath is a large, open to public community of Hex enthusiasts with a mission to help and support Hex players and content creators alike!

Find us on our Discord server or website!
    • Qiemosi wrote:

TheBlackCrypt wrote:

no.. lol. T_T my collection is very small.. doubt i can make any action only deck... though Psychic Ascension might be a good idea.. too bad i can't afford it.

KozHex wrote:

Well, one suggestion is that if you're in the situation you described with the buccaneer, don't play anything unless you absolutely have to, the AI will just bounce it's own stuff. It's really dumb like that...
      well.. i did try that.. but the buccaneer will return to it's hand and come out next turn. plus it is the dupe champion.. sometime he it sent itself back it make a dupe copy of it...

basically i only have two choice.. either keep playing my troop and get them back before they do anything. or sit and wait enemy to kill me with several small troop...
      Take a look at my blood deck in the tier list it is mostly troop based and all the cards can be replaced with pve cards or cheaper alternatives with only a minor loss in power.
    • Wolzarg wrote:

Qiemosi wrote:

TheBlackCrypt wrote:

KozHex wrote:

Take a look at my blood deck in the tier list it is mostly troop based and all the cards can be replaced with pve cards or cheaper alternatives with only a minor loss in power.
      nice deck.. too bad i can't afford Deathseeker and Graven Geist
    • Qiemosi wrote:

Wolzarg wrote:

Qiemosi wrote:

TheBlackCrypt wrote:

KozHex wrote:

well.. i did try that.. but the buccaneer will return to it's hand and come out next turn. plus it is the dupe champion.. sometime he it sent itself back it make a dupe copy of it...basically i only have two choice.. either keep playing my troop and get them back before they do anything. or sit and wait enemy to kill me with several small troop...
      That is the nice part you can just plug in some other troops.

Any of these would be fine
      gravestalker
      hatchery tormentor
      soul siphoner

I can count the number of times i utilize their powers in a single run on 1 hand and rarely does it affect the outcome of the match even when i do so you should be good. Let me know if you are missing any of those guys and i will hook you up no problem buddy.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Wolzarg ().

• Wolzarg wrote:

Qiemosi wrote:

Wolzarg wrote:

Qiemosi wrote:

TheBlackCrypt wrote:

KozHex wrote:

well.. i did try that.. but the buccaneer will return to it's hand and come out next turn. plus it is the dupe champion.. sometime he it sent itself back it make a dupe copy of it...basically i only have two choice.. either keep playing my troop and get them back before they do anything. or sit and wait enemy to kill me with several small troop...
      That is the nice part you can just plug in some other troops.
      Any of these would be fine
      gravestalker
      hatchery tormentor
      soul siphoner

I can count the number of times i utilize their powers in a single run on 1 hand and rarely does it affect the outcome of the match even when i do so you should be good. Let me know if you are missing any of those guys and i will hook you up no problem buddy.
      cool, th can't wait to give it a try =)
    • Qiemosi wrote:

NicoSharp wrote:

Sethanon's Vampire Gaze
      C = S
      A = C
      S = S
      H = A
      are you sure this deck is S rank? i tried it several times barely made pass set 2 at best. most of the fight last way longer then 6 round... please confirm.
      Played with the deck twice to further reapprove the ranking, once I finished easily (losses were Witch - lifedrain problem and one Elite boss or final boss). Second time I finished on last boss (got wrecked by Mastery of Time challenge and Clash of Steel challenge to Extinction). Games felt pretty good and under control. I might remove Primal Essences for Ichor's or Permafrost to boost consistency. Real rating is probably closer to S- or A+ when comparing to Mill, main advantage is that there are really no bad matchups except elite witch and maybe extinction decks.
    • Sethanon wrote:

Qiemosi wrote:

NicoSharp wrote:

Sethanon's Vampire Gaze
      C = S
      A = C
      S = S
      H = A
      are you sure this deck is S rank? i tried it several times barely made pass set 2 at best. most of the fight last way longer then 6 round... please confirm.
      Played with the deck twice to further reapprove the ranking, once I finished easily (losses were Witch - lifedrain problem and one Elite boss or final boss). Second time I finished on last boss (got wrecked by Mastery of Time challenge and Clash of Steel challenge to Extinction). Games felt pretty good and under control. I might remove Primal Essences for Ichor's or Permafrost to boost consistency. Real rating is probably closer to S- or A+ when comparing to Mill, main advantage is that there are really no bad matchups except elite witch and maybe extinction decks.
      Well, if you're losing twice each run, that's a 87% winrate, so you're not winning turn 6 or earlier 90% of the time, which is what an S rank for Consistency means.
    • Spit wrote:

Anyone been able to throw together a decent Illuminate PVE deck? I'm getting ready to start messing around with it and I saw that there are very few posted decks. Is this a hard mechanic to make proficient? Any useful info would be helpful.

**space reserved for future Illuminate deck**

After extensive testing and play, here's the deck. I really like this brew, it's strong, fast, and consistent.

[ATTACK] Wax Rampage [RUBY] [DIAMOND]

You can play with the Illuminate Champ. I like using the Verdict Champ, makes the game more fun and interesting and a lot of the times the Verdicts are handy.
    • On to the next deck...

Anyone been able to throw together a decent Gladiator PVE deck? I'm getting ready to start messing around with it and I saw that there are few no posted decks. Is this a hard mechanic to make proficient? Any useful info would be helpful.

**Space reserved for future Gladiator deck**
    • Steric wrote:

Sethanon wrote:

Qiemosi wrote:

NicoSharp wrote:

Sethanon's Vampire Gaze
      C = S
      A = C
      S = S
      H = A
      Well, if you're losing twice each run, that's a 87% winrate, so you're not winning turn 6 or earlier 90% of the time, which is what an S rank for Consistency means.
      That is not what that means.
    • Wolzarg wrote:

Steric wrote:

Sethanon wrote:

Qiemosi wrote:

NicoSharp wrote:

Sethanon's Vampire Gaze
      C = S
      A = C
      S = S
      H = A
      That is not what that means.
      Then what does it mean? It says on the tier list:

NicoSharp wrote:

Ability to perform the win condition consistently by a specific turn, and what turn it can be done by. This is the most important rating benchmark.

S Tier - Turn 6 or less, 90% or more of the time.
    • Sethanon wrote:

Qiemosi wrote:

NicoSharp wrote:

Sethanon's Vampire Gaze
      C = S
      A = C
      S = S
      H = A
      can you please upload a video about this deck? really having problem playing this. i can't even finish arena with it... early game vampire aren't exactly fast.. there are several boss with turn 3 kill.. late game vampire stay the same, while some enemy snow ball so hard... the only easy win is when enemy don't have any big flyer blocker... i do get my vampire king/princess by turn 2/3 but enemy usually void/destroy them before they land any attack.. thanks
    • Spit wrote:

On to the next deck...

Anyone been able to throw together a decent Gladiator PVE deck? I'm getting ready to start messing around with it and I saw that there are few no posted decks. Is this a hard mechanic to make proficient? Any useful info would be helpful.

**Space reserved for future Gladiator deck**

After extensive testing and play, here's the deck. I really like this brew.. it's strong, fast, and consistent.

The Pack [WILD] [RUBY]

Gladiator is a surprisingly strong mechanic. That Feralfuel makes troops red and green Hulks fast. Throw in Swiftstrike, Rampaging Giants, face-burning Wildfires and dude has big problems.
    • Angmar wrote:

imgur.com/a/jwLQ1

The major difference is running Psionic Barrage + the helm equip. I've found the +2 attack to Spirit of Retribution to be trivial - it buys enough time just as a 0/4, or you take a hit or two and then brickwall the AI. Psionic allows you to be less reliant on Spiraling End (and constants in general) improving the match-up against heroic burly botanist. It also just hits absurd bury levels very quickly - the attached image is turn 4 slapping the AI for 11 bury and then 13.

This just made me laugh so I thought I'd share. imgur.com/a/hZvpO

Turn 3 stomped.
    • Another fun deck with interesting budget option (almost all cards are PvE). Not most consistent or fastest, but it can clear and it's really fun to play. It can also be modified to super cheap version (around 1000-1500 platinum if you remove Runebind). Let's not delay further, I present you:

[SAPPHIRE] Bard with Unique Destiny (more details about the combo and strategy are here)

Champion: Blue Sparrow

Troops
      4x Holiday
      4x Exiled Bard
      4x VB213
      3x VB1311
      2x Lady Devonshire

Spells
      1x Glyph of Sky
      4x Spectral Acorn
      4x Arcane Focus
      4x Evaporate
      2x Runebind
      4x Cerebral Jack-hat
      4x Tale of Destiny

Resources
      4x Sapphire Ice
      16x Sapphire Shard

Feel free to post suggestion for further improvements, I feel there is potential, but I'm not there yet...

Few shots from the run below:
      Display Spoiler
      Beating Elite Myrym is no easy feat
      [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/lo8YfVp.jpg]
      Got wrecked with Clash of Steel challenge on Moonrise Elder, otherwise it went great!
      [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/Mfm4yYM.jpg]
    • To keep this thread alive a little bit, I have revisited really old "combo" this weekend and tried to make it work with Crafty Skycarver. It wasn't great, but the general old shell of Slithering Marauder to Wrath of Zakiir still did great job (complete board wipe that disables 90% of FA decks, makes you dragon and gives you dragon to boot) ;) New card draw and discard added consistency, I won't even post a decklist, but it can clear FA.

PS: If you are Paragon of Thought and you cast Wrath of Zakiir, you are guaranteed to get Titan of Voktaar filling your deck with Ragefires, which is quite amusing (you can see this on Myrym Elite screenshot below)
      PS2: Being dragon is awesome, this deck can deliver it pretty consistently :)