Pinned Frost Ring Arena - Deck Tier List

• KozHex wrote:

It would be awesome if @CoachFliperon or @NicoSharp could put a video together playing this deck because you have to see the synergies and how out of control your troops get to believe it. I think this deck can easily be a top farming deck with some slight modifications.
      Love the deck idea. Been meaning to explore Apprentice Trio. I completely agree that the card deserves more recognition. I already have 2 builds to showcase in videos in my queue but I'll be very interested to cover this one as well.

Hopefully I'll have more time on my hands during the holidays so that I get back on video production duty!
      [Blocked Image: http://wardens.hexcompendium.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/cropped-wardens-of-entraht-logo-tranparent.png]
      The Wardens of Entrath is a large, open to public community of Hex enthusiasts with a mission to help and support Hex players and content creators alike!

Find us on our Discord server or website!
    • CoachFliperon wrote:

KozHex wrote:

It would be awesome if @CoachFliperon or @NicoSharp could put a video together playing this deck because you have to see the synergies and how out of control your troops get to believe it. I think this deck can easily be a top farming deck with some slight modifications.
      Love the deck idea. Been meaning to explore Apprentice Trio. I completely agree that the card deserves more recognition. I already have 2 builds to showcase in videos in my queue but I'll be very interested to cover this one as well.
      Hopefully I'll have more time on my hands during the holidays so that I get back on video production duty!
      That'd be great if you could do a video for this deck. I think people will like it and it's crazy powerful.

Speaking of Apprectice Trio, it's the center piece of my own Light em up deck. It's basically Light Em Up, Paired Power, and Apprectice Trio. Playing Paired Power doubles up all the Light em ups and your Scorches and makes the Light em ups free that turn, so play a doubled Light em up, Scorch both back to your hand, then Scorch all four back... Etc. It's bonkers fun. I'll post that one later as well.

Been real busy testing all this, but haven't had time to sit and perfect it all
    • Probably too slow to sadly be feasible... but has anyone managed to make those spitfire elementals work for arena? I feel like there's some room for it with swamp gas and light 'em up... just not sure whether doing like a ruby/sapph for the stall sapphire provides, pure ruby, or a ruby/diamond to add light the votives as an alternate win con....

Yeesh... was looking at that candle list posted last page... I'm missing nearly 1000 plat worth of equipment for it... ouch.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Eraia ().

• Eraia wrote:

Probably too slow to sadly be feasible... but has anyone managed to make those spitfire elementals work for arena? I feel like there's some room for it with swamp gas and light 'em up... just not sure whether doing like a ruby/sapph for the stall sapphire provides, pure ruby, or a ruby/diamond to add light the votives as an alternate win con....

Yeesh... was looking at that candle list posted last page... I'm missing nearly 1000 plat worth of equipment for it... ouch.
      Spitfire Elemental? You mean Searing Spitfire? You got me excited for a moment thinking that Spitfire Elemental became an obtainable card. Ghostblade Duelist with the chest equipment does basically the same thing but costs 1 instead of 5.
    • Steric wrote:

Eraia wrote:

Probably too slow to sadly be feasible... but has anyone managed to make those spitfire elementals work for arena? I feel like there's some room for it with swamp gas and light 'em up... just not sure whether doing like a ruby/sapph for the stall sapphire provides, pure ruby, or a ruby/diamond to add light the votives as an alternate win con....

Spitfire Elemental? You mean Searing Spitfire? You got me excited for a moment thinking that Spitfire Elemental became an obtainable card. Ghostblade Duelist with the chest equipment does basically the same thing but costs 1 instead of 5.
      Ya, that one. Sorry.

And gets removed by... everything. 1 defense troops seem pretty useless given the number of cards with things that can kill 1 cost stuff lol

I can never keep 1 defense troops alive against almost anything. Theyj ust get instantly -1 defense-d...
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

• Eraia wrote:

Steric wrote:

Eraia wrote:

Ya, that one. Sorry.
      And gets removed by... everything. 1 defense troops seem pretty useless given the number of cards with things that can kill 1 cost stuff lol

I can never keep 1 defense troops alive against almost anything. Theyj ust get instantly -1 defense-d...
      And if you're relying on a 5 cost card to win, then it'll get removed by you dying before you play it. Rather than having enough extra lands in your deck to play a 5-cost card, you can just put in more threats that the opponent needs to kill and if you have more threats than they have removal, then your last threat wins the game.
    • Steric wrote:

And if you're relying on a 5 cost card to win, then it'll get removed by you dying before you play it. Rather than having enough extra lands in your deck to play a 5-cost card, you can just put in more threats that the opponent needs to kill and if you have more threats than they have removal, then your last threat wins the game.
      That's why I was asking if anyone had found a way to make it work. I've already come up with all the arguments you're having here for why it would be difficult - I'm not stupid(regardless of what you may think), but I was wondering if anyone had worked around those... since it's a fun card that I'd love to see work.

• Eraia wrote:

Steric wrote:

That's why I was asking if anyone had found a way to make it work. I've already come up with all the arguments you're having here for why it would be difficult - I'm not stupid(regardless of what you may think), but I was wondering if anyone had worked around those... since it's a fun card that I'd love to see work.
      People very rarely push against the grain to make something specific work for the nominal value of it being cool. In the cases where people do its something exceedingly interesting like cartomancy just dealing face damage i can do more effective and more easily so there is no incentive.
    • Wolzarg wrote:

People very rarely push against the grain to make something specific work for the nominal value of it being cool.
      In my experience, gamers frequently will - I've seen people send hundreds of ours farming off-spec gear to make a single random item work because they personally thought it seemed interesting... so I was hopeful. If not, well, fair enough. But I've seen stranger things trigger people to spend hours of their time. So it was worth an ask.

• Goliathus wrote:

Eraia, a few threads below, Biz has a deck with Searing Spitfire in it. Maybe you should try that out.
      ooh didn't see that. Thanks.

Someone also whispered me one. I'll have to take a look at both. :)

Edit: So I tried a version of the candle deck without the equipment I'm missing(since I don't have 1k plat to sink on overpriced common/uncommon equipment) and it just doesn't work... barely made it to tier 3. Guess I'll have to wait until chest luck is with me.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Eraia ().

• CoachFliperon wrote:

[Blocked Image: http://puu.sh/yFHcb/d662ebbefa.jpg]

Just did another run with the last iteration I posted... man that deck seems to be picking up some steam. And it is fast as well. My only loss was to Upgrade Technitian Elite, on the draw, who killed me on his turn 3 because of the banner challenge giving him a ruby banner (+1 atk and speed to everything) and he had a god hand.

I think we may finally have found our "agro" deck for FRA farming. And I would even go as far as to say it might be as fast as bury. Best part is. Only playing very few rares and you can go without. All equipment are low rarity and fairly recent.

Still early to tell for sure but it has the potential to become the new "buget" option for FRA farming.

Man this week has been productive. Burn Lady Burn and Candle agro making strong showings!
      Decided to give the deck a go, and on the first run hit Zakiir. Can confirm the deck will beat dragons.
      Images
      • Zakiir Screen.png

376.56 kB, 525×387, viewed 110 times
    • Moosii wrote:

CoachFliperon wrote:

[Blocked Image: http://puu.sh/yFHcb/d662ebbefa.jpg]

Just did another run with the last iteration I posted... man that deck seems to be picking up some steam. And it is fast as well. My only loss was to Upgrade Technitian Elite, on the draw, who killed me on his turn 3 because of the banner challenge giving him a ruby banner (+1 atk and speed to everything) and he had a god hand.

I think we may finally have found our "agro" deck for FRA farming. And I would even go as far as to say it might be as fast as bury. Best part is. Only playing very few rares and you can go without. All equipment are low rarity and fairly recent.

Still early to tell for sure but it has the potential to become the new "buget" option for FRA farming.

Man this week has been productive. Burn Lady Burn and Candle agro making strong showings!
      Decided to give the deck a go, and on the first run hit Zakiir. Can confirm the deck will beat dragons.
      You have earned my envy good sir the one time i faced him he wiped my resources turn 3 and that was it.
    • Played it approximately three or four times while testing minor decklist changes (amount of professors, vampire kisses, etc.), always finished, I think I had one perfect. Felt better than average brew. Then again, could have been streak of luck. Are you mulliganing bad hands against specific decks (removal in against aggro, out against control), do you have all equipment? Contract Killing should get you vampire out on turn 2 (turn 3 can be even Princess and King). If this was not wrecking enough, you should be able to get Bloodlines out on turn 4 or 5 which is usually game over for opponent.
    • Sethanon wrote:

Played it approximately three or four times while testing minor decklist changes (amount of professors, vampire kisses, etc.), always finished, I think I had one perfect. Felt better than average brew. Then again, could have been streak of luck. Are you mulliganing bad hands against specific decks (removal in against aggro, out against control), do you have all equipment? Contract Killing should get you vampire out on turn 2 (turn 3 can be even Princess and King). If this was not wrecking enough, you should be able to get Bloodlines out on turn 4 or 5 which is usually game over for opponent.
      i have most of the equipment.. except lackey and acorn.. which i don't have..yet.... my issue is, enemy have way too many shut down. my vampire barely get to attack at all.. thus no royal bloodline in early game. and when the game get stretch long vampire fall short as they don't snow ball so well...

actually i don't have much issue with agro deck, there are plenty of way to shut them down early game. the issue seem to be removal/interrupt... for example one of the boss did Hope on the Horizon + Buccaneer = unlimited sent back every turn...

p.s. then again, am a big noob.. could be my skill... could you please upload a video if possible... so maybe i could learn how to play this deck? thank you

The post was edited 1 time, last by Qiemosi ().

• KozHex wrote:

Well, one suggestion is that if you're in the situation you described with the buccaneer, don't play anything unless you absolutely have to, the AI will just bounce it's own stuff. It's really dumb like that...
      But with a deck that uses creatures as it's primary means of winning?

Qiemosi wrote:

i have most of the equipment.. except lackey and acorn.. which i don't have..yet.... my issue is, enemy have way too many shut down. my vampire barely get to attack at all.. thus no royal bloodline in early game. and when the game get stretch long vampire fall short as they don't snow ball so well...
      actually i don't have much issue with agro deck, there are plenty of way to shut them down early game. the issue seem to be removal/interrupt... for example one of the boss did Hope on the Horizon + Buccaneer = unlimited sent back every turn...

p.s. then again, am a big noob.. could be my skill... could you please upload a video if possible... so maybe i could learn how to play this deck? thank you
      Welcome to FRA 2.0, creatures are often a liability but how can you make a deck that wins consistently without them?
    • TheBlackCrypt wrote:

Welcome to FRA 2.0, creatures are often a liability but how can you make a deck that wins consistently without them?
      I'm not saying the new FRA is perfect but I will say however that we already have many known builds that are not centered around troops that do quite well. In fact the current best options for farming FRA are not based on troops. More so, saying that troops are a liability in general is just false. The quality of troops required in the new FRA is far greater than it was before however. You just can't afford to durdle around anymore. This is not to say that good value troops or powerful troops cannot thrive in FRA. We also have many builds that are troop based doing great as well.

The amount of viable options did diminish with the added difficulty. It feels more like playing constructed to me if anything now. There is a set meta, and some decks will be better against that meta. Hopefully they will continue to make significant changes to it to allow for newer/better metas to be formed but if the difficulty remains high, the amount of viable options will always be lower than if it gets back to the "walk in the park" it had become before the update.
      [Blocked Image: http://wardens.hexcompendium.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/cropped-wardens-of-entraht-logo-tranparent.png]
      The Wardens of Entrath is a large, open to public community of Hex enthusiasts with a mission to help and support Hex players and content creators alike!

Find us on our Discord server or website!