Pinned Frost Ring Arena - Deck Tier List

• Nice plant deck - Can you add it to browser?

@Bootlace - I guess it's fine to talk about here. You should count resources in your calculation too, and other card cantrips, like Spectral Acorn. For PvE, most decks can get away with 20 resources on an early curve. That makes Dream Eagle+Acorn thin a deck down to 32 playable cards, and 20 shards, most of the time. However, dream eagle requires minimum 2 shards, and an equipment slot, which is typically a very good slot for other cards. There will always be players looking for more card draw in both PvP and PvE. It's not the card draw that wins the games though.

Is it strong? Absolutely.
      Is it breaking the game? Not in my opinion.
      Are people enjoying it as a card + equipment combo? Absolutely.
    • Bootlace wrote:

How is free deck thinning a good thing? Already with Spectral Acorn the number of cards a person has to bring dropped by 12%. With Eagle it's now 24% less cards you have to bring in an average 34 card/26 resource deck. People should make fleshed out decks instead of stuffing a deck with filler and a few combo pieces. I also agree that even though it requires an equipment slot, this is making Arcane Focus (one of the best cards in the game) look totally stupid and that's silly PvE power creep that I can't get behind.

Btw I don't want to hijack this thread for this kind of discussion, would be nice if there was some separate thread for discussing unhealthy PvE cards/equip/decks.
      There are a handful of interactions the filler cards have, obviously there's Dream Eagle is a 4/4 body with Flight when the game goes late - that replaces itself - a bit more than Filler. Then Acorn actually has some interesting interactions, it has Artifact Enters Play synergy, when you Draw synergy, and with things like Mightsinger who don't see Acorns, but can still draw Acorns (if the card under it is a troop) allowing two draws off wild threshold gain. Acorn is also an emergency win button I guess if you're into ruining a perfect card :(
    • There's a new deck I enjoy a lot. It's fun and at the same time capable of going full runs in FRA.
      Called "Holliday Games": hex.tcgbrowser.com/#!/deck=245353

Deck list:
      Display Spoiler

Champion: Monika'shin

Troops (15)
      4 Holiday
      4 Thunderfield Seer
      4 Warpsteel Shardsworn
      3 Balthasar

Actions (12)
      4 Arcane Focus
      4 Runts of the Litter
      4 Holiday's Whim

Constants (3)
      3 Egg Hunt

Artifacts (8)
      4 Spectral Acorn
      4 Captured Flag

Resources (22)
      4 Wild Ice
      4 Sapphire Ice
      4 Well of Instinct
      5 Sapphire Shard
      5 Wild Shard

Equipment:
      Head: Hood of the Holiday Feast
      Chest: Seer's Regalia
      Gloves: Celebratory Gloves
      Feet: Spore Ball Hightops
      Weapon: Wiktor's Spoil
      Trinket: Fresh Eggs

There are several win conditions here. We go wide, create many wierdos on the board and either capture 3 flags or just kill our opponent. In two runs, one was perfect and the other with 1 loss.
    • KotoTheMage wrote:

There's a new deck I enjoy a lot. It's fun and at the same time capable of going full runs in FRA.
      I tried out this deck replacing holiday's whim with hierophants since I don't have a playset yet. It ran okay but I had some losses from having starts that were too slow. The captured flags were a liability in several matchups and the holidays often died quick. In the end of the run I ran into zakiir and lost since I couldn't get my troops above 4 defense for the board wipe and a bunch of flight troops overwhelmed me. If I played the deck again I'd probably take out the holidays since they use two equipment slots and put in some morphologies. Though I should probably just stick to terrormiil until I run into both dragons to get the sleeves and rewards.
    • Yesterday I have tried my most favourite deck in new FA. It was first deck ever on tcgbrowser to use Optimatron, it also has Regie and you I'm really happy it can still clean new FA (I got just one loss yesterday and it was due to misplay). You can see the beauty here:

hex.tcgbrowser.com/#!/deck=35005

Consistency = A Tier (Turn 2-6 wins, luck based, don't be afraid to toss first hand if it doesn't look good)
      Affordability = B Tier (Optimatron is expensive, there are some additional legendaries, expensive rares and equip)
      Specialization = S Tier (No bad matchups, your game plan can beat anyone)
      Hogarth = A Tier (Can kill even Hogarth Elite out of the blue, but it needs decent draws)
      Additional Notes: Optimatron or Regie are main win conditions. Skarns fuel the deck, Phoenixes support the finishing blows. All equipment is basically essential for the deck to work. You can often achieve turn 2 kills if your opponent is unlucky and draws Regie (even against elites, bosses or Hogarth). Ruby Ice can manipulate card draw for Skarn. Pop acorns if you need additional edge against bosses, it can mean turn 1 speed Regie or turn 2 Optimatron!

Suggestions for improvement are welcome. Deck was always a blast to play, hope you will have fun!
    • OhNos wrote:

KotoTheMage wrote:

There's a new deck I enjoy a lot. It's fun and at the same time capable of going full runs in FRA.
      I tried out this deck replacing holiday's whim with hierophants since I don't have a playset yet. It ran okay but I had some losses from having starts that were too slow. The captured flags were a liability in several matchups and the holidays often died quick. In the end of the run I ran into zakiir and lost since I couldn't get my troops above 4 defense for the board wipe and a bunch of flight troops overwhelmed me. If I played the deck again I'd probably take out the holidays since they use two equipment slots and put in some morphologies. Though I should probably just stick to terrormiil until I run into both dragons to get the sleeves and rewards.
      Yeah, but the whole point here is to play Holiday, Holiday's Whim and Games. I do have the sleeves, and I've run so many terror mill runs, maybe more than most, so I want something different. This is certainly fun and relaxing deck, never said it was S rank or anything, but people don't always look for effeciencc ;)
      Cheers.
    • SethJakill wrote:

hex.tcgbrowser.com/#!/deck=244857

a new deck I'm playing with and hoping to improve
      C - C the deck is meant to slow roll you are only looking for a turn 5-6 win at best
      A - S 29 $ at time of posting
      S - S Burly Still murders this and pets swamps you to fast
      H - C at best the deck will get killed by the cost increase as it stands
      If you want to go slow might as well focus entirely on Orders with its equip, and use Bastion for Armor. Maybe more stalling / card draw mechanism for getting Orders out in time.
      "Winning with terrormill is not fun? Try losing with it"
    • KotoTheMage wrote:

OhNos wrote:

KotoTheMage wrote:

Yeah, but the whole point here is to play Holiday, Holiday's Whim and Games. I do have the sleeves, and I've run so many terror mill runs, maybe more than most, so I want something different. This is certainly fun and relaxing deck, never said it was S rank or anything, but people don't always look for effeciencc ;) Cheers.
      Yeah there are a lot of cool ideas in the deck and I didn't properly account for not having holiday's whim in the deck since that makes the seers worse and the 0/1 dorks only get bigger from the random eggs. I ended up converting the deck into more of a weenie swarm deck with jackhats/morphology for card draw and woken drokkatar and commander prompts to buff.
    • I have tuned my Feast deck a little and it seems to perform more consistently now. New list can be found here:
      hex.tcgbrowser.com/#!/deck=245756

I basically cut down the number of shards to 20 by dropping the wells and then replaced them with Hierophants. This made a huge difference and I'm consistently getting more turn 4-5 wins. So far I haven't had any issues running only 20 shards because of the low curve of the deck and the 8 ice shards. New cash rating is as follows:

C-A Turn 4-5 wins come much more often.
      A-A The hierophants make the deck a bit more expensive now
      S-S
      H-B I'm 1-1 right now so technically 50%

The post was edited 1 time, last by Styk: Had the wrong link ().

• hex.tcgbrowser.com/#!/deck=246335
      Mono Blood Aggro

C S
      A S
      S S
      H S*

An incredible deck, extremely consistent and powerful, has evasion sustain and efficient removal. All of the Synergy.
      For those on a budget replacing Minion of Yazukan, Deathseeker, and Graven Geist for Voice of Tombs, Killblade of the Milky Eye, and Hatchery Tormentor will give you a comparable experience, but I've found this build to be better.

No bad matchups.

*Low sample size, has done well so far.
    • I think I finally got the Darkspire shell tuned (by cutting most Darkspires...). Its a lot of fun and I have been doing perfect or 1 loss runs consistently. It is not fast though. I dont even have all the equipment (need Naive Lackey and First Rites equips) so with those it should be even better.

hex.tcgbrowser.com/#!/deck=dc8c37631c23c396b26725ab0d103889

C = B - Our bomb is Uzume's Handmaiden and being a 5 cost card we often win on T6-T7. Rune Ears and Priestesses can get you the win earlier sometimes too.

A = B

S = S - I really cannot think of a bad match up outside of elite Hogarth. We have tools to deal with everything but constants and those encounters we can win with Rune Ears or Priestess triggers.

H = C - I have actually not faced Elite Hogarth in my runs with this version but I imagine it would not be the easiest. We would have to start with Contract Killings to void his early troops. Then chump with low costers for awhile until we get going. Even that may be too late though. We'd need a really good start to even have a chance.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Eeta ().

• NicoSharp wrote:

Artifaction wrote:

hex.tcgbrowser.com/#!/deck=241691
      Z-Mill
      Self mill reanimator style deck.
      Chronic Madness hurts affordability, but if you happened to be around to farm Gencon '16 you're in luck!
      Because the deck requires resources to self bury it's not as good against Hogarth as Enter the Dream based decks but it's still winable.
      Being an aggro deck with built in board clearing most encounters are winable.

C A
      A A
      S S
      H C
      Clever synergy with stormspike and colossus. Brilliant.
      Yeah, I was running that combo when stormaprite first came out in am Elf mage deck using Soothsaying to discard, but it rums better in FRA with full shard grid. However, I think the list posted here should be running Paradigm Shift as another means to play the Colossus.