Pinned Frost Ring Arena - Deck Tier List

• Nazhk with Fever Blossom is the brutal combination. More than one Fever Blossom, even more so. Suddenly each turn when you or an opponent plays a shard, there goes 2 - 3 cards, plays an action or troop, another 2 -3 and so on adds up very quickly and reliably compared to the Chronic Madness progression. Chronic Madness is still fantastic, but the Nazhk + Fever Blossom combo is super potent.
    • Blackwood wrote:

Nazhk with Fever Blossom is the brutal combination. More than one Fever Blossom, even more so. Suddenly each turn when you or an opponent plays a shard, there goes 2 - 3 cards, plays an action or troop, another 2 -3 and so on adds up very quickly and reliably compared to the Chronic Madness progression. Chronic Madness is still fantastic, but the Nazhk + Fever Blossom combo is super potent.
      So true playing with Nazhk with fever bloom is in so many matchup where the opponent swarms the board like a free auto win. I did win a lot of matches like that without even playing phenteo's gift as it was not needed due my free mill speed.

This version might be the best iteration for right now but I think we still have room to find a better one.

hex.tcgbrowser.com/#!/deck=242293
    • Treasure wrote:

Blackwood wrote:

Nazhk with Fever Blossom is the brutal combination. More than one Fever Blossom, even more so. Suddenly each turn when you or an opponent plays a shard, there goes 2 - 3 cards, plays an action or troop, another 2 -3 and so on adds up very quickly and reliably compared to the Chronic Madness progression. Chronic Madness is still fantastic, but the Nazhk + Fever Blossom combo is super potent.
      So true playing with Nazhk with fever bloom is in so many matchup where the opponent swarms the board like a free auto win. I did win a lot of matches like that without even playing phenteo's gift as it was not needed due my free mill speed.
      This version might be the best iteration for right now but I think we still have room to find a better one.

hex.tcgbrowser.com/#!/deck=242293
      Focus instead of Cult is kinda questionable. Cult would mill up to 4 cards before Spiraling End hits the board and Focus wouldn't save you if you're flooded. It's better in some situations and worse in others so basically it doesn't improve consistency overall.
    • Coach cut 4 shards on his list to make room for that additional fixing, that has benefit with lookout as well. I've been running your 24 shard variant, without focus, and with lookout instead than cult as the only change (also running his trinket cause I don't own daisy chain yet), and it does very well.
    • Personally, from the list posted, im running it pretty much the same but with 3x cults replaced with 3x parrots (would put cults in there if i had them), and 4x spiraling ends replaced with 4x nazhk lookout. Which version of it is the best? It's hard to tell at this point.
    • Still prefer Morsel over Spirit, which is a decent blocker but not much better against crush/battle. Since I am not running any finishers, I rely on cards that can work together to mill or build up my board. Once I get enough gifts in, that would guarantee safety but before then, keep milling in one way or another is the only defence.
    • I really like the added watch list Nicosharp. Very visible for new players (and old players) who are looking for new decks.

Just one thing about Terrormill that could be included. Maybe two mill cards could be added to the gift? I feel they are severely overpowered and a nerf of the gift would change not much or just move the shell to a different defense/alternate win condition.

I played Terrormill extensively both before and the new FRA and from my experience what changed is that Phenteo's gift turned from THE win condition to an alternative win condition. I find myself winning mostly through a complete mill. I usually do not even replay the gift more than once as the triggers of the spiders take (even with F10) too much time of the clock.

From my experience (both the lookout and the non lookout lists):

- Spiraling Demise is ridiculous - I play and F10 until AI is dead
      - Nazkh Lookout - Got ridiculous with the new cheap spells that also increase the amount of the milling

I feel like both of these cards are effectively the true engine of Terrormill by now and also the most likely offenders in future iterations, after a possible nerf. I would not be surprised if HEX sees at least one of these two cards as problematic.
    • Just tried out a new one
      hex.tcgbrowser.com/#!/deck=24f861dfa0d182b98a9af2d8d49cead3

Mostly just focus on drwing till you get stingy jack and then his gifts. found Enter the dream to be very effective, lost only to burly botanist elite mostly due to jack not showing and a quick ramp up of troops on his side and no extinction.

C=C another longer turn one so not the best for speed runs
      A=S Prospero the only pricey thing and could be replaced simply by increasing numbers of other cards already in the deck
      S=S Jack's trick card works on field medic so the strategy can work on all, evter the dream would prevent milling and call of the grave could allow me to select from a larger pool against mill. only control cards to worry about are the voiding ones but even then most troops did what they need to.
      H=NA Chlorophyll would be essential to get Jack out at a decent time, would depend on the control cards hitting their mark
    • Heya, give this deck a spin <3
      hex.tcgbrowser.com/#!/deck=242769

C B The decks win chance increases with # of turns, if this was more a winrate based rating than speed based I'd give it an S rank but I'm biased :P
      A S
      S A Bad matchups are Chaosmill and BR burn, but it can still beat both.
      H B? I've only encountered him with this list once and lost but it was my last life :P
      If you replace Healer with Spirit of Retribution Both Equips, Warparty with Deathless guardian, the deck slows down a bit but wins more often.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Artifaction ().

• hex.tcgbrowser.com/#!/deck=241691
      Z-Mill
      Self mill reanimator style deck.
      Chronic Madness hurts affordability, but if you happened to be around to farm Gencon '16 you're in luck!
      Because the deck requires resources to self bury it's not as good against Hogarth as Enter the Dream based decks but it's still winable.
      Being an aggro deck with built in board clearing most encounters are winable.

C A
      A A
      S S
      H C