Pinned Frost Ring Arena - Deck Tier List

• KotoTheMage wrote:

xbete wrote:

Didn't see this deck list on TCGBrowser (though not surprised if it has been made before - simple concept) so thought I'd link it here.

Uzzu, Ice, Cartomancy (with equipment.)

hex.tcgbrowser.com/#!/shared-decks/search=cartomancy

Its worked for me in Arena and is not slow - t4 3 cartomancy usually wins the game, or puts it beyond the reach of the opponent.
      Pretty powerful.Mill champs can be a pain, and sometimes in aggressive matchups RNG on cartomancy just loses you the game, but I like the deck, it's fun concept.
      My worst loss was to Blood Sphinx starting with a locket out. First he took 2 Cartomancy from my deck with Ravens, then 2 from my hand with Inquisition, leaving me with nothing but shards and acorns.
    • KotoTheMage wrote:

prinsallan wrote:

KotoTheMage wrote:

Haven't seen ol friend Adaptatron in a long time :) BTW, what about Botanist? Your cards are all constants and artifacts, I don't see how it's winnable.
      I dont really know if the botanist has a chance to get online this fast. A deck that can put Spiraling End online turn 1-2 this often just wins.T1: Any Mill-card or Phenteo's GiftT2: As above, unless you get the chance to play Spiraling End, if so, do it.
      T3: Spiraling End. Botanist is still 1-2 rounds away from stealing your stuff... right?

Come to think of it, Botanist has stolen and converted everything, but Chronic Madness won for me the turn after that.
      Correct me if I'm wrong, but Botanist doesn't steal anything, all artifacts and constants are dreadlings in your deck at the start of the game.
      ohh, that guy. Then yes, I beat him easily. Phenteo's Gift and ordinary Mill Cards, just wins. You also have Nin as Hero, so more mill available there.
    • In the shaper build, I am 100% behind the tomeseekers. Why? Click decreasing. If you can drop it on turn 2, you can win just with a tidal eddy against most people. The only advantage terrormill still has I feel is the ability to F10 until victory once end hits the table. Tomeseeker solves a few matchups, and speeds up the rest. A+ would add again.
    • Monthieu wrote:

In the shaper build, I am 100% behind the tomeseekers. Why? Click decreasing. If you can drop it on turn 2, you can win just with a tidal eddy against most people. The only advantage terrormill still has I feel is the ability to F10 until victory once end hits the table. Tomeseeker solves a few matchups, and speeds up the rest. A+ would add again.
      I like the Tomeseeker, but its just a dead card some games. I added 2x Forgotten Triolith instead of the 2x Tomeseekers and the manaboost you get, sometimes in turn 1 and sometimes in the middle of comboing out is just insane. Also, the deal 3 damage ability gives you some needed space to find that last piece of the combo, and even the lifegain can save you an extra turn.
    • prinsallan wrote:

Monthieu wrote:

In the shaper build, I am 100% behind the tomeseekers. Why? Click decreasing. If you can drop it on turn 2, you can win just with a tidal eddy against most people. The only advantage terrormill still has I feel is the ability to F10 until victory once end hits the table. Tomeseeker solves a few matchups, and speeds up the rest. A+ would add again.
      I like the Tomeseeker, but its just a dead card some games. I added 2x Forgotten Triolith instead of the 2x Tomeseekers and the manaboost you get, sometimes in turn 1 and sometimes in the middle of comboing out is just insane. Also, the deal 3 damage ability gives you some needed space to find that last piece of the combo, and even the lifegain can save you an extra turn.
      All of these things are true, but for me, the issue is the 1400 platinum price difference between the two cards. In and of itself, triolith doesn't solve the issue that the tomeseekers were put in place to combat. Plus the weapon slot isn't available if you're running the dual shard version, which I still feel is the more consistent version due to the powerful draw in the 2 cost slot, and I've found that needing 1 less heroic echo to reliably go boom has been a bigger factor than most in my matches.
    • Monthieu wrote:

prinsallan wrote:

Monthieu wrote:

All of these things are true, but for me, the issue is the 1400 platinum price difference between the two cards. In and of itself, triolith doesn't solve the issue that the tomeseekers were put in place to combat. Plus the weapon slot isn't available if you're running the dual shard version, which I still feel is the more consistent version due to the powerful draw in the 2 cost slot, and I've found that needing 1 less heroic echo to reliably go boom has been a bigger factor than most in my matches.

Trust me- you dont need the wpnEQ for Fuel for the Fire when you get to play the combo a solid turn earlier, which Forgotten Triolith allows you to do. Also, I find that playing Fuel for the Fire is almost everytime in the opponents end-step the turn before going off so cc -1 on those cards doesnt matter as you replenish the resources immediatly after that anyway. I have'nt had a perfect run with it though, but it is solid 15-1 for me. Might be I need some more practice though since I havent played this archetype in Hex before. I have played something similar in Magic the Gathering though, but the cards werent anywere near this brokenness :P
    • Also, theres a more stable version if you cut the 2xLorekeepers and one Heroic Echo for 3x Theorize. The deck doesnt fizzle very often with that change and you avoid the expensive card (Forgotten Triolith). You cant combo out as fast as you can with them though, it just gets more solid.
    • New

Wolzarg wrote:

prinsallan wrote:

DISCOVERY: You can actually play the Forgotten Triolith with EQ by discarding itself and 2 other cards :P
      I did not know that -makes it even more broken :D
      Yes this is known and a big issue if you ask me it shouldn't allow that might as well make it discard 2 instead at that point.

Yeah Gain Ground's equipment used to have the same problem, looks like they forgot to add the "other" to "discard 3 cards". Has anyone reported this? Don't see it on the known bug list (not sure if they keep that list up to date).
    • New

Im gonna throw my hat in the ring with Monthiau's (sp. sorry) echo shaper. I like the R/S aspect that Koto made but I switched the tomeseekers for slithering marauders and found to be very consistent. You are all in on mill strat however you get reuses of some draw in a pinch and they allow 5/6 uses of fuel making the kill when opponent is decked more likely
    • New

VicMan wrote:

I tried a version of "Heroic Shaper" in Ruby / Sapphire with Paired Power. I find it super fun !

Paired Power add a lot to the deck !

Here the video (in French)

Here the link to the deck
      hex.tcgbrowser.com/#!/deck=46f5b3b9893dabda7e21147dcdf36900
      I recently was running a similar deck. Paired Power is a lot of fun. I went with Dreaming Fox as a champ though because cheap, copied Oracle Songs are too good. I also use Ragefire as my finisher. I also use Illusionary Schemers because they're crazy fun and allow some stupid powerful turns. Here's my version :

Paired Illusions
    • New

So I did modify the version VicMan did post of his Heroic Shaper , that got super sick I am not sure if mill or burn is stronger but I went burn for now.
      Paired Power makes the deck again a notch more awesome.

Paired Fire Shaper

Hero : Blue Sparrow

3x Ruby Shard
      3x Sapphire Shard
      4x Ruby Ice
      4x Sapphire Ice
      4x Shard of Innovation
      4x Well of Innovation
      4x Spectal Acorn
      4x Ragefire
      4x Fuel for the Fire
      4x Impulse
      4x Paired Power
      4x Tidal Eddy
      4x Dream Eagle
      4x Heroic Echo
      4x Cyclone Shaper
      2x Bounty of the Magus

Equipment

Helm: none or Rune Repousse Helm if you want to try Runic Upheavals
      Trinket : Pulse Keeper
      Chest : Heroes Armor
      Gloves : Eagle Fathered Gloves
      Feet: Steady Eddy Boots
      Weapon : Flamethrower

I only have 2x Bounty of the Magus for now and i might try to add Runic Upheavals as the there is no card with a helm slot in the deck for now
      but it's super hard every card is so awesome and i don't wan't to play less ragefires as i fear mill or discard.

Idea's are welcome. :)
    • New

I really wish I'd played back in the old days when ragefire came out... it seems like it's going to be such an integral card practically forever in pve. (Even moreso if Hex ever makes mill not absurdly op in pve)
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • New

Eraia wrote:

I really wish I'd played back in the old days when ragefire came out... it seems like it's going to be such an integral card practically forever in pve. (Even moreso if Hex ever makes mill not absurdly op in pve)
      I'd say most escalation cards have the potential to be broken in PVE. Ragefires are nice but their threshold requirement is often significantly prohibitive. A nice tool to have in your toolbox for sure however! You can find a lot of set1 boosters for real cheap though. If you are looking for cheap escalation cards, it might be worth it to buy these sets in bulk.

Treasure wrote:

I only have 2x Bounty of the Magus for now and i might try to add Runic Upheavals as the there is no card with a helm slot in the deck for now
      but it's super hard every card is so awesome and i don't wan't to play less ragefires as i fear mill or discard.
      I would say that 4x Bounty is the key of the deck if you play Sapphire, and often how you do get to the combo state when you are in S/R. If you like the archetype I think getting the full set of Bounty of the Magus would be considered one of its pillars.
      @Twitch - @Twitter - @Youtube

"A Gall's fortune is sometimes good and sometimes bad, but always true."
    • New

Also, can we PLEASE decide on a name for this archetype? :P We keep throwing it in quotes like it's a cryptid.

"My GOD, do you see it? It's some kind of...'echo shaper'. There it goes, sprinting through the arena! Is this the 'heroic echo' native habitat? I'm going to try to get closer to this 'tidal madness' and see if I can...WARRGGHHHHAAAGGGH *driven insane by chronic madness*"

I like Forbidden Shapes for tomeseeker versions :D