With how difficult FRA is now, it is not nearly as rewarding as it should be.

• With how difficult FRA is now, it is not nearly as rewarding as it should be.

With how hard the FRA is now, its a lot more difficult to get into t4 now, where is the large majority of the gold is that you get from the FRA. Elites get you on tier 3? Well you only get 2k gold and 2-3 pieces of loot for it. Which are probably only uncommon cards. Since we can't speedrun this anymore, the gold per hour has significantly decreased for FRA which makes farming it a lot more unappealing compared to farming GMG (where we have MUCH stronger decks). The rewards from FRA need to be buffed to make it feel as rewarding as it should be considering the new difficulty of it.
    • I can understand it not being the most lucrative gold source since grinding FRA gives a greater range of cards and equipment, but it would be appreciated to see a little increase in gold since the difficulty has gone way up compared to how it used to be. The Elites can be quite obnoxious (Elite Reaper Bot is the frustrating War Bot all over again)
    • Yeah I agree here.

The updates are great. They're challenging, diverse and you can tell a lot of thought went into everything with the update.

And I get the idea of the new rewards system. But the problem with cards and equipment is if you're looking to get 1 particular item it can take dozens of runes to get even a single copy of it. And after you're done it enough you have everything. You could then keep going and sell spares you earn but eventually those cards will become very low value and it involves taking time that you could be playing arena to list the cards on the AH instead.
      Gold is the consistent reward. You always want more of it, it's always in demand and you can rely on getting it everytime.

While it didn't need to hit the gold amounts of Great Machine the fact that the FRA is now significantly harder and difficult to complete it is disappointing to be getting less gold per clear than FRA gave out before the update.

-

May as well mention it while I'm here. I'm not fond of the emberspire witch, Field Medic and Burly Botanist all existing together. It means if you're trying to make a 'perfect clear' deck you are locked into troop based decks because you can't use a health gain deck vs embershire, you can't use a burn deck vs field medic and you can't use an artifact or constant deck vs burly botanist. While you won't face these encounters everyrun it means you have to build a deck knowing it will happen which limited the options considerably.
    • Agree with all of the above and just wanted to note that Hogarth feels way, way overtuned as though he was meant to be a hard counter to e.g. Slaughtergear / Red Ranger decks specifically... except those decks also got nerfed anyways and the collateral is that all over decks just get hosed by him. Tricky encounters are one thing, but having even your one-drops not usable until turn three, hoping he doesn't then counter you, and consistently ending up slapped by Frostmare by turn five or six just makes it miserable.

Hard is great, but where's the fun in just flat out not getting to play your cards?
    • Reeplay wrote:

May as well mention it while I'm here. I'm not fond of the emberspire witch, Field Medic and Burly Botanist all existing together. It means if you're trying to make a 'perfect clear' deck you are locked into troop based decks because you can't use a health gain deck vs embershire, you can't use a burn deck vs field medic and you can't use an artifact or constant deck vs burly botanist.
      Or just play something obnoxious that win on turn 3-4 by either milling or hitting face for 30 damage where the AI can't react like this;

Cinderclone for lethal or chronic madness for mill. and the perfect run with only the 4 marauders;

FRA is more difficult and the rewards are less, but that's just fine isn't it? Keeping the supply of some PvE cards low is a good thing. Just pretend Tier 4 doesn't exist.
    • It seems most of the elite encounters are just designed to be obnoxious. Elite AoD can be a bit horrible to play against with certain decks, since she gains 2 life for each troop that attacks her, but Tormented Locksmith and Chanter has given me the most problems so far. Locksmith seems to always get Chaos Key out either turn 2 or 3 for me, and then proceeds to beat with his 7/7 unblockable. Chanter just loves to spam decree of banishing and verdant chant, and if he gets out bibliophile, the match just gets out of hand fast: either DoBs every turn or 4+ wild children.
    • Yasi wrote:

Reeplay wrote:

May as well mention it while I'm here. I'm not fond of the emberspire witch, Field Medic and Burly Botanist all existing together. It means if you're trying to make a 'perfect clear' deck you are locked into troop based decks because you can't use a health gain deck vs embershire, you can't use a burn deck vs field medic and you can't use an artifact or constant deck vs burly botanist.
      Or just play something obnoxious that win on turn 3-4 by either milling or hitting face for 30 damage where the AI can't react like this;

Cinderclone for lethal or chronic madness for mill. and the perfect run with only the 4 marauders;

FRA is more difficult and the rewards are less, but that's just fine isn't it? Keeping the supply of some PvE cards low is a good thing. Just pretend Tier 4 doesn't exist.
      Very cool deck, Yasi, thank you for this list. I have some comments after playing a few rounds of FRA. Keep in mind that I might not play the deck perfectly yet.

1) The deck feels vulnerable against fast troop-based decks. Maybe there is a really strict mulligan rule with this deck, but I was constantly near death when I won, as the opponent had several turns to bash face, because I had no removal or even a way to protect myself while setting up the engine.

2) Is there a reason your Marauders don't have both equipment? Maybe I don't get something, but the other one feels purely positive as well.

3) Cinderclone Offensive was not always effective, because there are so few troops. You are supposed to just discard it most of the time for Marauder deploy effect, right? Still, it was a dead card sometimes because of its cost.

4) The deck is certainly super effective when the engine gets going, but holy hell is it slooooow. This alone might not make it my go-to Arena deck. I just didn't feel safe against most opponents as well. Yes, it's game over if I get to critical mass, but something about this deck just doesn't feel right to me.

Very fun deck to play though! I would appreciate any tactical advice, as I might just not play the deck optimally. I feel like I get it, but maybe not. :) I will try any optimized Arena decks people come up with until I find a good fit, and it was definitely interesting to test this one.
    • 1. You sort of get a feel for it, but usually you mull once to try and have Marauder in your opener so you can chronic madness yourself without crypting it.
      2. It's not needed. You win the turn it comes into play usually.
      3. Cinderclone you're going to discard most of the time to make replicas of Marauder once he comes into play.
      4. Yes the deck takes around 45-60 minutes to complete a run.
    • To comment the OP directly, I have no problem with FRA's payout, just some of the encounters. Yeah, you get less gold per hour than running GMG, but Arena is nowhere near as mind-numbing to play. At least there is some variation. I would gladly take more gold though. :)