Kismet Pricing

• Kismet Pricing

I appreciate that people thought the birdy-packs were too expensive. I understand that it could feel bad to get the cheaper items out of them and lowering the price in principle is ok but it's essentially a cosmetic difference since the value of the contents are correspondingly cheaper anyway.
      Changing the drop rates might have been better -the presence of bad packs is a direct result of making 'chase' items: the price of the pack pretty much dictates the value* of the contents in this case so it's just a case of how that value is distributed.

The Kitty-packs however have now run many of the cards into the 100p price floor and this is a problem. Being able to take spare Birds to the AH and price them to sell for plat was much more important than getting twice as many packs for the gold. This problem is largely due to the rather aggravating AH-plat-floor decision (which wouldn't be useful at all -not convinced they are anyway- if AH wasn't so bad) and in treating all these cards as 'promo'.

Please either remove the Promo tag or take the price back up to 20kgp or more for the next set.

* Limited time availability and speculation and ignorance also play a part in the actual prices
    • I like the current pricepoint. I think it offers people a meaningful place to put gold to get some cool stuff without needing to farm for days to get enough to get anything.

Even with the birdy packs, quite a few of the things were cheap when they were available. The difference was that the AA rare they used last time was valuable, the one they used this time isn't so it's naturally much cheaper. Adjudicator was an extremely useful card in any s/d deck, so the card itself was worth like 150-200 plat, so the AA naturally is much higher. But mystic naturalists, storks, and even the ravens for a while were price floored. They've skyrocketed now because of not being available anymore, but they were absolutely at price floor during the sale time.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • 15k is a far, far, far more palatable price point than 30k in my opinion. Consider how much time it would take someone without additional gold supplements to purchase a single pack at 15k versus 30k and it's pretty significant. I would argue that the price floor issue is more due to the fact that Silver Talon Adjudicator AA was a pretty potent pack-in due to constructed popularity--and while Strangle also sees a lot of use, it's not rare or pricy ordinarily.
    • Blackwood wrote:

15k is a far, far, far more palatable price point than 30k in my opinion. Consider how much time it would take someone without additional gold supplements to purchase a single pack at 15k versus 30k and it's pretty significant. I would argue that the price floor issue is more due to the fact that Silver Talon Adjudicator AA was a pretty potent pack-in due to constructed popularity--and while Strangle also sees a lot of use, it's not rare or pricy ordinarily.
      I would also posit that the cards in the birdy pack were useful in a wider variety of decks than the cats. You're not going to play these cats unless you're either using the merc or HEAVILY invested in one of the two shards. Their threshold requirements are just too high to justify putting in a normal deck. Whereas any b/s deck could easily sport a raven, for example, and get pretty good use out of it.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • If we're ultimately complaining about the plat for being 100 for all promos regardless of original rarity, I'm with you. It's annoying trying to sort my tcgbrowser tradelist by platinum and having a chunk of worthless AAs appear in the middle.

To raise the price of the Kismet packs back up, I'd want them to correspondingly reduce the rarity of the legendary equipment. The ones in the bird back ended up at ridiculous prices.
    • Galliard wrote:

If we're ultimately complaining about the plat for being 100 for all promos regardless of original rarity, I'm with you. It's annoying trying to sort my tcgbrowser tradelist by platinum and having a chunk of worthless AAs appear in the middle.

To raise the price of the Kismet packs back up, I'd want them to correspondingly reduce the rarity of the legendary equipment. The ones in the bird back ended up at ridiculous prices.
      I could be wrong but I think the drop rates for the leg equips did not change. The raven equip was so high because it would be extreme gas in a warlock sac deck.
    • Couldn't agree more that the plat floor is obnoxious and unnecessary. I've bought zero Oni packs from the store - I don't care about the sleeves, the AAs, and its pointless chasing the 2% legendary equips.

Instead I bought everything I wanted with platinum; which in the case of the cards meant I was forced to use trade chat to find the Tricksters at the 30-40 plat they are actually worth.
    • Blackwood wrote:

15k is a far, far, far more palatable price point than 30k in my opinion. Consider how much time it would take someone without additional gold supplements to purchase a single pack at 15k versus 30k and it's pretty significant. I would argue that the price floor issue is more due to the fact that Silver Talon Adjudicator AA was a pretty potent pack-in due to constructed popularity--and while Strangle also sees a lot of use, it's not rare or pricy ordinarily.
      1) I don't have any 'additional gold supplements' -by which I assume you mean Dungeon Crawler from KS

2) Twice as long exactly as for someone with bonuses but the point is that half the time is getting you something with half the value* so that doesn't matter unless you're only buying 1 -people's preference for a low price isn't rational but purely sentimental**. On this point I don't care one way or the other but it is causing*** this issue with the price floor.

* or less due to points already made and possibly due to more getting bought
      ** how people feel about it is certainly relevant as I think I conceded in the original post.
      *** or at least significantly contributing to
    • Galliard wrote:

If we're ultimately complaining about the plat for being 100 for all promos regardless of original rarity, I'm with you. It's annoying trying to sort my tcgbrowser tradelist by platinum and having a chunk of worthless AAs appear in the middle.

I always ALWAYS filter out AA's whenever using hex.tcgbrowser.
    • Pandaemonium wrote:

Galliard wrote:

I could be wrong but I think the drop rates for the leg equips did not change. The raven equip was so high because it would be extreme gas in a warlock sac deck.
      Right, that's my understanding as well. The 15,000g packs increased supply without decreasing rarity. If prices went back up, I'd like to see an actual rarity decrease to keep supply consistent.

Vroengard wrote:

Galliard wrote:

I always ALWAYS filter out AA's whenever using hex.tcgbrowser.
      But then that AA Fireball I can sell for 200p doesn't show up!
    • I always filter out AA cards because (1) if I want to see how many X cards are there, AAs don't count (since the regular art one will be in the list) and muck up the final number and (2) because the floor price in platinum of an AA card isn't really representative of its true value (Hey, I can sell my Windbourne Acolyte AA for 100p AHAHAHAHAHAHA).