UI suggestions

• UI suggestions

As Cory told us there's a (much needed!) UI and AH overhaul coming, I thought it would be nice to gather some suggestions in one new thread on our shiny new forum.
      Here's two I have:

1. Show us the amount of copies of a card already owned when receiving another copy.
      This used to be the case and I would always hover over my new prizes to see how many copies of that card I would have.

2. Let us toggle EA on/off, both in the deck builder and in games.
      I'm no longer extending my art although I like doing that because it's a hassle in the deck builder to check what a card does, and during games it can be very annoying with prophesied cards.

What would you guys like to see updated?
    • 1) AH needs to have less wasted space. Ideally something like a bid/ask system as many have suggested, but at the very least streamline it so there's less wasted space and you can view collection and AH at the same time.

2) I'd love for collection to have a direct tie to the AH so you can view recent AH prices from your collection.

3) Filtering in deck building/collection needs to be reversed so that it's only one click to see a single filter(ie. if I click on wild, I should just see Wild). Also, you should have to have all shards of a multi-shard card to see it(if I have JUST Wild selected, I shouldn't see Forever's Child)
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • 1. Make selecting cards more responsive and snappier, make it easier to select one card out of a line up when the board state is complicated and filled up with troops. As is the only way to really select every single Spider in a lineup of 25+ is to start on the right and slide your cursor over the middle of each card, waiting for it to highlight the next in line, clicking, and then moving on hoping you did any miss any. It's the worst.
      2. Related to that - bundle up onscreen cards if they are identical and in a group larger than 3-4. If you select the group open up the card selection prompt you already use to select individuals for targeting or attacking, the extra click or two is better than the process outlined in 1.
      3. Remove the light lines to indicate attacking and blocking, they are hard to see and don't make it especially clear what is going on when the board is complex. I would suggest instead using a symbol that indicates a card is attacking and a symbol that says it is blocking, if you hover over either symbol then it shows a singular light line between itself and it's blocker/attacker. This would SIGNIFICANTLY reduce screen clutter and make it easier to tell what is blocking what relevant troop.
      4. Deck building should use the same 4 copies of a card, not a new copy out of the 79 copies of the card you have so that you have to dismantle sixteen decks just to sell off some Crackling Bolts. This is just completely ridiculous.
      5. Allow viewing of shards after they are played, they are the only card you can't see and sometimes a shard has relevant effects attached to it that you missed or need to know about. Allow clicking on the bar to reveal what resources have been played and are available.
      6. Card history that shows interactions in play because Hex does a poor job of showing how things happened and in what order sometimes, this is especially bad for new players who don't understand what happened and how it happened because they can't see the interactions broken down into plain text.
    • +1 for all of them.

Utremeld wrote:

4. Deck building should use the same 4 copies of a card, not a new copy out of the 79 copies of the card you have so that you have to dismantle sixteen decks just to sell off some Crackling Bolts. This is just completely ridiculous.
      This however will be difficult as Cory stated in the Q&A that Doublebacks are still a thing. I was kinda expecting him to tell us we won't see that feature but that the upside would be no longer having the issue you described. I guess that means we're still stuck with the worst of both worlds for the foreseeable future.
    • DeStereo wrote:

+1 for all of them.

Utremeld wrote:

This however will be difficult as Cory stated in the Q&A that Doublebacks are still a thing. I was kinda expecting him to tell us we won't see that feature but that the upside would be no longer having the issue you described. I guess that means we're still stuck with the worst of both worlds for the foreseeable future.
      That's an easy fix, if Double Backs care about individual cards then add a deck building button that says something like "Prioritize copies in use" as a toggle option. When it is on it tries to use the same copies of cards in every deck you construct with that on, if you turn it off then when you add a card to your deck you select the copies individually.
    • Please let us import decklists.
      I netdeck all my decks (usually just buying the cards I need on the AH) but it's a pain to get the deck from a website in the Hex-Client. It's even more gruesome if you are missing some cards, as you need to fill your decks with dummy-cards (usually a shard), take notes what cards are missing, get the cards on the AH, and replace the dummy cards later.
    • Can we please have folders for our decks? Not sure if anyone else is asking for this, but it would be great, especially with the advent of immortal to be able to sort our decks into Standard, Immortal, FRA, Historical deck from a season or format passed, Decks for nonsactioned format X (like rock, silver, factioned, edh, etc) instead of just having a long list of decks to scroll through? I wouldn't be disappointed if it was just pre-arranged folders like Standard, Immortal, FRA, and Other, but being able to set up custom folders would be great!
    • Thought of another one...

I want to be able to 'export' a champion deck template so I can reference it when creating other champions or when creating other decks.(or just have champion decklists visible in the main list of decks)
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • I think that all has been said about what AH need. Just check at suggestions. Dont see any point of talking about it yet again in new post.
      "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f**k with me, I will kill you all." - James Mattis