Use Alternate Arts in limited

• Use Alternate Arts in limited

Hey guys,

Not sure if this was already suggested on the forum but I heard Jeff Hoogland propose something (I think in his Draft A Day series?)
      that I think would be awesome: the ability in limited to swap out a drafted/opened card for an AA version you own.

I would LOVE to use my ladder AA Cloud Bounder instead of the regular one, or have my AA Mystic Naturalist fly over my opponents goons!
      I don't really use these AA's now as I don't have any constructed decks that play them, and since the AI never reacts to my AA's
      I want to show them off to my opponents in battle!
    • Probably hard to do (can't be done?) because each card is its own entity. If you have drafted 3 Cloud Bounder you don't have 3 instances of the Cloud Bounder card, you have Cloud Bounder A, Cloud Bounder B and Cloud Bounder C. I assume this makes it quite hard to link Cloud Bounder A, B and C with your Cloud Boudner AA A, B and C from your collection.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Vroengard ().

• Vroengard wrote:

Probably hard to do (can't be done?) because each card is its own entity. If you have drafted 3 Cloud Bounder you don't have 3 instances of the Cloud Bounder card, you have Cloud Boudner A, Cloud Boudner B and Cloud Bounder C. I assume this makes it quite hard to link Cloud Bounder A, B and C with your Cloud Boudner AA A, B and C from your collection.
      Maybe when they make the change away from individual tracking of cards (god willing) they could look into this. It's a really cool idea and might make the AAs more desirable.
    • There are some issues here for sure like folks brought up but man... it feels so bad for some of these cards to even exist. The art for many of them is so good but many of them are cards that are NEVER played in constructed but are CONSTANTLY played in limited, so this alternate art that is really high quality never even gets played.